Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-22-2005   #1
DoCt3rJ
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DoCt3rJ
Default Trade down from the #13 now to get more picks?

Anyone think Capers will try to trade down a little bit if a big time player or QB(Rodgers) falls to us at #13 to get a extra 2nd rounder since we have none now?
DoCt3rJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005   #2
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

The only way I see us trading down is if Ware, Spears, Merriman or DJ aren't there.
Old 04-22-2005   #3
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoCt3rJ
Anyone think Capers will try to trade down a little bit if a big time player or QB(Rodgers) falls to us at #13 to get a extra 2nd rounder since we have none now?
Draft him and trade him to Dullas for a first and second next year. :woot

IMHO If Cass can't get the WR or DE he wants at 13 he probably will try to trade down.
Old 04-22-2005   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Capers doesn't do the trading or drafting Casserly does, but sure, anything could happen.
Old 04-22-2005   #5
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
The only way I see us trading down is if Ware, Spears, Merriman or DJ aren't there.
I agree which its looking like all of them will be gone. I think a team or 2 will surprise us with a trade and take a player earlier than we expected and i think that might cause a team like STL to move up or Seattle is RB falls, Maybe GB sends us a 1st next year hmmm possibilites are endless
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005   #6
Rosusu
All Pro

I would love to trade back and try to pick up a guy like Pollack and Baas. That would make a great first day draft.
Old 04-22-2005   #7
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosusu
I would love to trade back and try to pick up a guy like Pollack and Baas. That would make a great first day draft.
Now if we could parley our 13th in Xchange for these 2 guys - and Cass
is just the guy who can do it. Pollack someway somehow would help our team,
not sure where he plays for us but he would help. And we need Baas or someone else like him. Course I'd rather see us pick up Mark Clayton
and Baas.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-22-2005   #8
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Now if we could parley our 13th in Xchange for these 2 guys - and Cass
is just the guy who can do it. Pollack someway somehow would help our team,
not sure where he plays for us but he would help. And we need Baas or someone else like him. Course I'd rather see us pick up Mark Clayton
and Baas.
The only problem i seem to be seeing after some potential trades is Wiliams and Edwards will be gone in the top 5. Williamson could either go #7 or #9. Clayton is the next WR on the board. You think he will be there at #13
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005   #9
Mr Shush
Veteran

Jeese, dude, what is your fixation with WRs? I expect Williamson to still be on the board, never mind Clayton, and I think Clayton will be a better player anyway. I'm all for trading down and seeing who falls, though.
Mr Shush is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read