Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-06-2011   #21
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans sign former Chargers, Dolphins LB Tim Dobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I may have come across the reason why an ILB move was finally made. Did anyone know that Sharpton was sidelined for a shoulder injury?
Heard this morning that he was 100% after shoulder surgery but evidently not.
Old 08-06-2011   #22
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Seems like a pretty decent pick up. Apparently he was traded to Mia from SD last year due to his contract, and was released from the dolphins just last week for the same.... to clear cap room.

Fins fans were surprised to see him go and say he is a smash mouth run stopper, but a bit of a liability against the past.

http://www.thephins.com/forums/showt...Dobbins-waived

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...c.php?t=453869
One of best if not the best typo of all time! That was great man and the funny thing is that it is so true! Rep coming your way.

Seriously though, I like this signing because this guy has played under Phillips and not only will he can start for us if needed, but he can teach the other guys what's required to play lb in a 3-4. Good signing and I finally feel we have addressed every major area of concern. Now I hope everything pans out right for us.
Old 08-06-2011   #23
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Heard this morning that he was 100% after shoulder surgery but evidently not.
The report I quoted must have be erroneous because I see Sharpton making tackles in the pictures of the 8/6 morning practice posted by BullPen, and Sharpton's name is no longer listed on the injury report.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011   #24
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
Aww, crap. I was thinking he'd be impact this year. Hope it's minor?

I was thinking he was signed because of Cush's knee.
Please I beg you, stop calling out anymore players to have a breakout season, pretty soon nobody will be left.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #25
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Back to Dobbins, who I have no doubt will make the Texans 53 man roster. He is a Wade Phillips, 3-4 ILB with five years NFL experience from 2006 draft class (notice any trends here?). He should take some pressure off Cushing & DeMeco. Means Bentley is gone for sure don't know about Adibi but he seems more of a 4-3 WLB like Diles who is also gone. Tim should really help plug up the middle & shutdown the run, although he can flash some inside rush. Temperament along lines of Watt & Brooks good motor/work ethic & very productive. Very good, under rated signing getting the BL seal of approval

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 08-07-2011   #26
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Back to Dobbins, who I have no doubt will make the Texans 53 man roster. He is a Wade Phillips, 3-4 ILB with five years NFL experience from 2006 draft class (notice any trends here?). He should take some pressure off Cushing & DeMeco. Means Bentley is gone for sure don't know about Adibi but he seems more of a 4-3 WLB like Diles who is also gone. Tim should really help plug up the middle & shutdown the run, although he can flash some inside rush. Temperament along lines of Watt & Brooks good motor/work ethic & very productive. Very good, under rated signing getting the BL seal of approval
Hopefully, your description is accurate. But I would still have liked to have seen more than 1 sack in 2009 and 1 sack in 2010........2 sacks in a 5 year period, from an ILB.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #27
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Hopefully, your description is accurate. But I would still have liked to have seen more than 1 sack in 2009 and 1 sack in 2010........2 sacks in a 5 year period, from an ILB.
Sometimes you just have to go on a leap of faith. I wish to have more resources & time to study film, ala 76Texan. I must admit sometimes make trigger responses based off small sample sizes of game film, but generally its not rocket science, unlike your vast knowledge of the medical field. I'm just reaffirming this may seem like incidental signing for depth purposes but this kid can play, knows Wades system, is a baller & will be a valued member of the team moving forward, just kinda big news for us homers

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read