Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-05-2011   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who do you think can turn it around on defense.

Who do you believe will benefit from a new scheme on defense. One guy that has quietly been on the team still is Xavier Adibi. For some reason I keep thinking that he may just be a player that benefits from this change in scheme. When he was in college he was just going after the QB and he was a terror.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #2
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who do you think can turn it around on defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Who do you believe will benefit from a new scheme on defense. One guy that has quietly been on the team still is Xavier Adibi. For some reason I keep thinking that he may just be a player that benefits from this change in scheme. When he was in college he was just going after the QB and he was a terror.
Adibi reminds me of Jacoby in that every year, people are predicting him to turn the corner.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #3
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Who do you believe will benefit from a new scheme on defense.
The WHOLE DAMN TEXANS DEFENSE!! We have a NFL DC now in case you didn't know. \sarcasm

I think Mario will actually look better from a Standing edge rush position. I know many are concerned with it, but I think he will make more plays with the improved secondary and the qb now not able to just get rid of the ball when it so pleases himself. I mean, suprisingly, only Rusty Smith had a bad game against us and I was expecting him to get ROY just on his performance against our D alone...lol

Sorry, got off on a tangent. I think ol Cush will be a lot better with him and Meco on the field together. Cush seem to feed off of Meco's Leadership/intensity.

Also, I think Quin to safety is an excellent choice. How, I don't know, that one is pure speculation, that and Ol Quinny himself said he felt like he was born to be a safety. I mean he would know right?

Um, I'm excited. We may actually have a D this year to reward the Offense with some dub's for all their awesomeness!
Perki-Perk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #4
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario was knocking the crap out of guys this morning! Lookin GOOD!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #5
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163364 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Mario was knocking the crap out of guys this morning! Lookin GOOD!
Mario in new scheme+ rushing the QB 95% of time + contract year = dominance.
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Your question says turn it around not get better so I will go with a player who is perceived as the worst and whom I have criticised relentlessly. Kareem Jackson. Reasons for my opinion & optimism?

KJ will benefit from better coaching as well as the system.
No more stutter step.
Rookie to sophomore biggest jump. NFl will slow down for him.
At least two more vet DBs to guide him (Manning & Joseph)
Unlike other fans, I think he is not shell shocked.
Old 08-05-2011   #7
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Your question says turn it around not get better so ....blah blah blah
JK. But IMD, I was suggesting who I suggested bc Cush obviously had a drop off between this year and last. Mario has never been widely appreciated as worthy of the top pick that year, and this year he may show it. And Quinn, well the secondary sucked last year, period, hands down, end of sentence. Ergo, any improvement would be a turn around and would qualify him as well. So take your snide remark and keep them coming...ahahaha
Perki-Perk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-05-2011   #8
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade Phillips.
Old 08-05-2011   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
JK. But IMD, I was suggesting who I suggested bc Cush obviously had a drop off between this year and last. Mario has never been widely appreciated as worthy of the top pick that year, and this year he may show it. And Quinn, well the secondary sucked last year, period, hands down, end of sentence. Ergo, any improvement would be a turn around and would qualify him as well. So take your snide remark and keep them coming...ahahaha
Actually did not mean in a snide way but was being reflective and thinking out loud (if possible on internet.) First person that jumped to mind was Quin but then read the thread title and deleted my comment and went with KJ.
Old 08-05-2011   #10
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude, I'm going to benefit from not having to watch that crap like last year!
Old 08-05-2011   #11
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Dude, I'm going to benefit from not having to watch that crap like last year!
Amen.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario Williams damn sure better be.

You do realize that since the 2006 draft, even before if you consider the supposed pieces around him as a rookie, plus three defensive coordinators later, not to mention a Kings Ransom, the success of Texans having the type of defense needed to turnaround this franchise rests w/him.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #13
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope it's KJ, but that's likely pushing it.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #14
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21346 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Aug. 04, 2011 12:52 p.m. - by Brandon Williams - Allen enjoys good practice Thursday with Texans
Veteran CB Jason Allen had an impressive morning session with a series of knockdowns and a diving interception. The sixth-year pro is the front-runner to capture the nickel corner spot

Aug. 05, 2011 12:13 p.m. - by Brandon Williams - Texans No. 1 secondary looks good in first practice together
CB Jason Allen had his second highlight reel pick in as many days when he made a diving pick of a Matt Leinart pass. Texans RapidReports

Maybe Jason allen can be our cromartie. joseph is our revis who we chuck on an island and allen is a ball hawk playmaker.

I was hoping K Jac would show enough to be our number2 CB but its seems like he has been a little inconsistent in practice. maybe allen takes the number 2 spot and gives this secondary some playmaking ability.

I love harris but i doubt he plays anything more then the nickel spot this year.
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011   #15
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 383515 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Jason Allen, Earl Mitchell, Darryl Sharpton, Brooks Reed.
Old 08-06-2011   #16
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

So much for my pick, from today

Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011   #17
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
So much for my pick, from today

Guess it's true, a picture tells a thousand words

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011   #18
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 718 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Hopefully Mario is more consistent, not just a sack here and there. I'd rather have him in the QB's face for most of the game than him getting a sack or two every game.
Old 08-16-2011   #19
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone got the Adibi sack recorded? I believe Mario was one of the reasons he got there due to attention he may have received with the stunt.

Adibi looked good. Still waiting to see because even Jacoby looks all world in preseason (although not last night).
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read