Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-23-2011   #81
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How many wins do you estimate in 2011??

Can I make another one of these at the end of preseason??
Perki-Perk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011   #82
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Now that preseason is coming to a close and the starters will not see much action against the Vikings, how about now? We made it through preseason with no major losses so let's speculate, How many wins do you think we'll get now???

Edit: My bad, guess I should have added my own speculation since I asked.

11-5, Divison title and as far as the AFC championship game and possibly a SB berth. Shh, don't tell the rest of the NFL though.
Old 08-30-2011   #83
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 6461 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Now that preseason is coming to a close and the starters will not see much action against the Vikings, how about now? We made it through preseason with no major losses so let's speculate, How many wins do you think we'll get now???
BOLD PREDICTION ALERT!!!!

between zero and sixteen wins is my best guess
Old 08-30-2011   #84
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
I'm having a hard time figuring it out.

Right now, I've got us going 7-1 through the first 8 games. I can't see a loss after that, but that seems a little unrealistic...

Old 08-30-2011   #85
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm having a hard time figuring it out.

Right now, I've got us going 7-1 through the first 8 games. I can't see a loss after that, but that seems a little unrealistic...

I like your style! 15-1 it is heading into the playoffs. Thuderkyss says so!!
Old 08-30-2011   #86
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
BOLD PREDICTION ALERT!!!!

between zero and sixteen wins is my best guess
Bold, Brewster, very Bold.
Old 08-30-2011   #87
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

10-6 after a 4-2 start. Win the division and have the Texans first playoff game at home. I'll be happy with that.
Old 08-30-2011   #88
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll go 10-6 and feel better about it than I did before camp.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011   #89
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm looking at an 12-4 team right now. The KOOLAID is flowing!!!

WEEK 01 Indianapolis Colts WIN

WEEK 02 @ Miami Dolphins WIN

WEEK 03 @ New Orleans Saints WIN

WEEK 04 Pittsburgh Steelers LOSS

WEEK 05 Oakland Raiders WIN

WEEK 06 @ Baltimore Ravens LOSS

WEEK 07 @ Tennessee Titans WIN

WEEK 08 Jacksonville Jaguars WIN

WEEK 09 Cleveland Browns WIN

WEEK 10 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers WIN

WEEK 11 Bye

WEEK 12 @ Jacksonville Jaguars LOSS

WEEK 13 Atlanta Falcons WIN

WEEK 14 @ Cincinnati Bengals WIN

WEEK 15 Carolina Panthers WIN

WEEK 16 @ Indianapolis Colts LOSS

WEEK 17 Tennessee Titans WIN
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011   #90
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going 10 wins

.... +/- 1.
(we engineers always include a tolerance becasue we know that's the way the world really works)

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011   #91
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 108923 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

16 and Oh.

I'm serious.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011   #92
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict 10-6. If we're 3-3 or better after our first 6 games then I think we'll be in pretty good shape.

Indianapolis Colts W
@ Miami Dolphins W
@ New Orleans Saints L
Pittsburgh Steelers L
Oakland Raiders W
@ Baltimore Ravens L
@ Tennessee Titans W
Jacksonville Jaguars W
Cleveland Browns W
@ Tampa Bay Buccaneers W
@ Jacksonville Jaguars L
Atlanta Falcons L
@ Cincinnati Bengals W
Carolina Panthers W
@ Indianapolis Colts L
Tennessee Titans W

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011   #93
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

If we don't beat any of the upper echelon teams on our schedule (or the colts at their house) I will not be thrilled with the season.

Jmo.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #94
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we lose to the Saints and come back with a vengance to beat the complete shit out of Pittsburgh.

14-2

Losses being to the Saints and Jags. Oh and we will still get no respect from ESPN or NFLN.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #95
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
I think we lose to the Saints and come back with a vengance to beat the complete shit out of Pittsburgh.

14-2

Losses being to the Saints and Jags. Oh and we will still get no respect from ESPN or NFLN.
Bleh I was gonna say 14-2 .... guess I'll have to one up you and go with 15-1 .... the only loss being in week 6 at Baltimore .... With the Texans winning a rematch in the AFC Championship game .... Yes , I said it , Texans in the Superbowl.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #96
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

we need to beat some of the better teams on our schedule just to show that we are legit. the aints are beatable. we can beat the ravens, we almost did last year. @indy is a big game and could lockup the advanced south for us.

I'm going 11-5. we should sweep the add south
hradhak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #97
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post

14-2

A little off subject.

But this may be another reason we are considered soft. What you are describing never happens for the Texans. Last year we had two 4 game losing streaks.

Two four game losing streaks. It doesn't get much softer than that.

Old 08-31-2011   #98
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

10-6

Maybe 11-5

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #99
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #100
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Predicting what the Texans' regular season record will be in 2011 is both hard and simple...

Simple because I think it will be anywhere from 7-9 to 11-5... Hard because I can't pick which one

Before preseason, knowing we hired a good DC with a good resume, I had a 9-7 feel, 8-8 maybe but 9-7 felt right...

After watching the preseason, and seeing what this defense can be, I've bumped up to 10-6, with "not-shocked" options on 7-9/11-5...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read