Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-06-2011   #61
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How many wins do you estimate in 2011??

How dare some of you come in here and actually post legitimate concerns?!
Perki-Perk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011   #62
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

10-6
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011   #63
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 718 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

7-8 wins.
Old 08-06-2011   #64
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 9340 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

10-12

I think their floor is one-and-done in the playoffs, and their ceiling is making the AFC Championship game.
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011   #65
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

well we all know where the floor is lol......
Old 08-06-2011   #66
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

12-4, I'll bet my life on it! (Quote: The Princess Bride)
Old 08-06-2011   #67
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
How dare some of you come in here and actually post legitimate concerns?!
it's your own fault. you should have said, "this is a logic-free thread - emotion-based predictions only!"
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-06-2011   #68
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
it's your own fault. you should have said, "this is a logic-free thread - emotion-based predictions only!"
Spot on
Old 08-06-2011   #69
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Spot on
if he had done so I would have channelled this guy

and predicted 13-5
(we win our first two playoff games but get beat in the AFC championship game by Brady & Co.)
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011   #70
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 30608 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

No "Debbie Downer" here.

It is pre-season, draft was good, free agency was good, NFL football is back and the sky is the limit.Optimism is extremely high.

10-11 reg season wins.

Old 08-06-2011   #71
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I definitely understand what you're saying. I guess i am being optimistic.

However comma, the X factor was able to get a Texans team with less talent than the current one to a 9-7 record with a complete scrub for a D coordinator.
I'm hopeful that Wade will be in Kubiak's hip pocket on game day, ready to smack him on the hand with a ruler if he acts up in class.
LOL, no love for me, as with the 3rd reply in the thread already banked a prediction considering Kube's... however, in regards to the notion that a 9-7 record was once achieved, it would totally shock me if it could be determined that the X factor wasn't single handedly responsible from turning a 10-6 or 11-5 record into that very 9-7. He'll jack it up again.. good coaches take talent like what's on the texan's roster to the playoffs. Great coaches go on to hoist the Lombardi. Our coach schedules sleep apnea surgery during the combine. You should get this...??? !!! Kubes is a huge X-factor. I'll wager my pink soap on it.

Shucks... I don't understand why anyone has a problem with 8-8.

We are Texans! Futility and mediocrity is a birthright!
Old 08-06-2011   #72
BetaV1
Veteran

Rep Power: 3509 BetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

These are always fun. Here I go:

Colts - L
The Colts are coming off another one-and-done playoff campaign and will certainly look to put that familiarly awful taste behind them. They take their anger out on the Texans. And while we're pumped and excited going into this year (aren't we every year?), the truth is we aren't going catch anyone off guard anymore. The Colts certainly won't, especially given how last year's opener went. Our record from last year says we were 6-10, but everyone in the NFL knows we aren't a 6-10 team. We get reminded week one that a winning record still needs to be earned on the field and not on paper. We lose by as little as a single point or by as many as twenty.

@Dolphins - W

@Saints - W
This is our real statement game, and we make it count. We go into New Orleans to face the awesome 2-0 Saints and walk out winners...decisively. I honestly have no real basis for my prediction here, other than just a bold prediction. But I feel way more comfortable about this game than most.

Steelers - L
And in typical Texans fashion, we follow an epic win with an epic fail.

Raiders - W
Al Davis and the Raiders continue trucking on with the NFL version of the film Major League.

@Ravens - L
This game could go either way in all honesty. By this time, the Texans defense should be starting to gel as they reach mid-season form. I'm only giving it to the Ravens as it's clearly the safer bet, but will be a nail biter with the potential for another overtime meeting between the two.

@Titans - W
All the Metamucil in the world can't help Hasselbeck as he puts up his worst performance as a Titan. Hasselbeck is bench indefinitely following the game.

Jags - W

Browns - W
A very close win. The Browns aren't going to scare anyone, but we'd be foolish to automatically think this will be easy. We win a very close one.

@Bucs - L
The Bucs are one of the youngest teams in the NFL, and they have already shown a lot of promise last year. They'll be no better or no worse this year. We head into the bye week 6-4

***Bye Week***
Someone writes "Cortland Finnegan" on a punching bag in the Texans locker room. Andre Johnson enters. There are no survivors.

@Jags - W
We take care of business. 7-4.

Falcons - W
Another statement game in the second half of the season we near the final stretch. 8-4

@Bengals - W
Texans stomp 'em out in front of a rambunctious Bengal crowd of nearly 7,000 fans. Texans now 9-4

Panthers - W
Another stomp 'em out performance. Texans 10-4, setting up for first place in the division next week in Indy.

@Colts -
The big one.
Week 1 is in our minds as well as our current hot streak. It's been just over a month since we've last lost a game and the Texans look poised to finally win the division. While I'd like for the Texans to take this one and really want to get behind them, I realistically can't. Indy at home just seems like too much...

L.

Titans - W
Titans have been riding Jake Locker following our first meeting and they're doing just a smidgen better at this point. We still easily handle them and finish the season on a high note. We wait and hope things fall our way for a wild card spot.

Final record: 11-5.
BetaV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011   #73
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly don't think the NFCs is as good as everybody thinks they are. Matt Ryan is wildly overrated as a QB (Mostly because Roddy White is the king of the push-off on 3rd and whatever), I think the Saints defense is opportunistic, but still beatable, and I really think that the 10-6 Bucs playing a 4th place schedule is set up to go 8-8 this year (Glazers gonna glaze) or worse. Playing the RAIDAHS and the Dolphins should help our cause out this year rather than having to play the Jets and Chargers.

Still have us pegged at like 9-7.
Old 08-06-2011   #74
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 718 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaV1 View Post
These are always fun. Here I go:

Colts - L
The Colts are coming off another one-and-done playoff campaign and will certainly look to put that familiarly awful taste behind them. They take their anger out on the Texans. And while we're pumped and excited going into this year (aren't we every year?), the truth is we aren't going catch anyone off guard anymore. The Colts certainly won't, especially given how last year's opener went. Our record from last year says we were 6-10, but everyone in the NFL knows we aren't a 6-10 team. We get reminded week one that a winning record still needs to be earned on the field and not on paper. We lose by as little as a single point or by as many as twenty.

@Dolphins - W

@Saints - W
This is our real statement game, and we make it count. We go into New Orleans to face the awesome 2-0 Saints and walk out winners...decisively. I honestly have no real basis for my prediction here, other than just a bold prediction. But I feel way more comfortable about this game than most.

Steelers - L
And in typical Texans fashion, we follow an epic win with an epic fail.

Raiders - W
Al Davis and the Raiders continue trucking on with the NFL version of the film Major League.

@Ravens - L
This game could go either way in all honesty. By this time, the Texans defense should be starting to gel as they reach mid-season form. I'm only giving it to the Ravens as it's clearly the safer bet, but will be a nail biter with the potential for another overtime meeting between the two.

@Titans - W
All the Metamucil in the world can't help Hasselbeck as he puts up his worst performance as a Titan. Hasselbeck is bench indefinitely following the game.

Jags - W

Browns - W
A very close win. The Browns aren't going to scare anyone, but we'd be foolish to automatically think this will be easy. We win a very close one.

@Bucs - L
The Bucs are one of the youngest teams in the NFL, and they have already shown a lot of promise last year. They'll be no better or no worse this year. We head into the bye week 6-4

***Bye Week***
Someone writes "Cortland Finnegan" on a punching bag in the Texans locker room. Andre Johnson enters. There are no survivors.

@Jags - W
We take care of business. 7-4.

Falcons - W
Another statement game in the second half of the season we near the final stretch. 8-4

@Bengals - W
Texans stomp 'em out in front of a rambunctious Bengal crowd of nearly 7,000 fans. Texans now 9-4

Panthers - W
Another stomp 'em out performance. Texans 10-4, setting up for first place in the division next week in Indy.

@Colts -
The big one.
Week 1 is in our minds as well as our current hot streak. It's been just over a month since we've last lost a game and the Texans look poised to finally win the division. While I'd like for the Texans to take this one and really want to get behind them, I realistically can't. Indy at home just seems like too much...

L.

Titans - W
Titans have been riding Jake Locker following our first meeting and they're doing just a smidgen better at this point. We still easily handle them and finish the season on a high note. We wait and hope things fall our way for a wild card spot.

Final record: 11-5.
you have us beating the saints and bucs, but not the falcons?
Old 08-06-2011   #75
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

I say we go 11-5 barring any major injuries to the team. (knock on wood)

Colts - Win
@Dolphins - Win
@Saints - Win
Steelers - Loss
Raiders - Win
@Ravens - Loss
@Tits - Win
Jags - Win
Browns - Win
@Bucks - Loss
Bye Week
@Jags - Win
Falcons - Loss
@Bengals - W
Panthers - W
@Colts - Loss
Tits - W

EDIT: I just noticed we play the Jags after a bye week, that should be a W.
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011   #76
BetaV1
Veteran

Rep Power: 3509 BetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
you have us beating the saints and bucs, but not the falcons?
You mean I have them beating the Saints and Falcons, but not the Bucs.

I hear a lot of talk about how Tampa and their schedule. Let me state the obvious: you play who you're schedule to play against and that's all there is to it. If you're going up against teams you're suppose to beat, then you beat them. The Bucs won the vast majority of games they were suppose to win. End of story.

So let's look at the teams they did play with winning records from last year:
Steelers: Loss 13-38.
Saints: Loss 6-31
Falcons: Loss 21-27
Ravens: Loss 10-17
Falcons: Loss 24-28
Saints: Win 23-13

They were smashed by the Steelers and the Saints. They did, however, redeem themselves by beating the Saints in the second meeting. Their other three losses were down to a single possession, taking last year's number one seed in the NFC to the limit twice.

I don't see how it's a stretch to think that maybe, just maybe, Tampa might be for real.
BetaV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011   #77
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Colts - W
@Dolphins - W
@Saints - W
Steelers - L
Raiders - W
@Ravens - L
@Tits - L
Jags - W
Browns - W
@Bucks - W
Bye Week
@Jags - W
Falcons - L
@Bengals - W
Panthers - W
@Colts - L
Tits - W

11-5, Win the AFC South
You know, with all the talk about being a soft team.. & everyone floating their opinion of what it means to be soft, & what how we are not a soft team.

These predictions, as well as our W-L last year tells me how soft we really are. Tough teams don't lose two or more games often. If they lose two games, they'll find a way to win that third one.

Soft teams will find a way to lose 4 games in a row, twice in the same season.

Tough teams will find a way to win statement games. Not superbowl, or play-off games. But if a loss takes you out of the hunt... that's a statement game. If some A-hole owner wants to rub his pet QB in your face... you've never beaten that guy in your house... that's a statement game. If it's your first night ever on MNF.... at home... tough teams will find a way to win that game.

Soft teams will find a way to lose when a loud-mouth P.O.S. first time ever franchised player of your organization is on the other team. Especially at home. If these guys want to make a statement... they'll win the Atlanta game at home.
Old 08-06-2011   #78
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

P.S.

If Cincinnati can sweep their division two years ago, we can sweep our division in 2011.
Old 08-06-2011   #79
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Colts - W
@Dolphins - W
@Saints - L
Steelers - W
Raiders - W
@Ravens - L
@Tits - W
Jags - W
Browns - W
@Bucks - W
Bye Week
@Jags - W
Falcons - W
@Bengals - W
Panthers - L
@Colts - W
Tits - W
13-3 & we host the AFC Championship game.
Old 08-06-2011   #80
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts - W
@Dolphins - W
@Saints - L
Steelers - L
Raiders - W
@Ravens - L
@Titans - W
Jaguarss -W
Browns - W
@Bucaneers - L

Bye Week

@Jaguarss - W
Falcons - L
@Bengals - W
Panthers - W
@Colts - L
Titanss - W

10-6

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read