Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-05-2011   #41
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How many wins do you estimate in 2011??

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I definitely understand what you're saying. I guess i am being optimistic.

However comma, the X factor was able to get a Texans team with less talent than the current one to a 9-7 record with a complete scrub for a D coordinator.
I'm hopeful that Wade will be in Kubiak's hip pocket on game day, ready to smack him on the hand with a ruler if he acts up in class.
Nothing wrong with that attitude, man! Adding Wade to the mix certainly gives me hope, as well. I am hoping that his influence as an experienced HC rubs off on Gary.

Your schedule predictions look solid, although I'm not yet convinced that we will sweep Indy. I would love it, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
5-7 after 12 games seems like a safe bet.
lol! I can't help but find this funny, and I can't blame you after four years in a row of 5-7. It's a dark and gloomy prediction, but it's a perspective that also resonates - at least a little - in many fans.
Old 08-05-2011   #42
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Crap-not this again...we will NOT be 5-7 after 12 games damnit!!!! I don't care what we are but for gods sake not 5-7...
Old 08-05-2011   #43
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll go with 8-8 and a massive TT parade as Kubes is led away from the building.

Actually, it could be worse than that if AJ goes down for any length of time, seeing as the entire offence is predicated on his presence.

Still, looking forward to this season, playoffs or not!
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #44
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not sure I want to be around this board if we go 8-8 again.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #45
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 18204 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'm not sure I want to be around this board if we go 8-8 again.
Me either .. but you know we will. We're Texan Fans aka; Gluttons for punishment
Old 08-05-2011   #46
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

I-m gonna go under what i really feel just to be safe.

i say 15-16 regular season wins

and 2-3 Play-off wins,

1 superbowl win

Don't dogg me for low balling this guys just dont see us doing much better
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #47
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A fair post in this thread.
Sponsored links
Old 08-05-2011   #48
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I-m gonna go under what i really feel just to be safe.

i say 15-16 regular season wins

and 2-3 Play-off wins,

1 superbowl win

Don't dogg me for low balling this guys just dont see us doing much better
Obviously your drugs are better than mine.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #49
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Obviously your drugs are better than mine.
Got a good batch of that Colombian stuff. Pure/uncut
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #50
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
Me either .. but you know we will. We're Texan Fans aka; Gluttons for punishment
But you managed to get away with under 1k posts.... we didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #51
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 76577 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

All of 'em!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #52
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

I'm going to guess somewhere between 0 and 19 wins. Just to be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #53
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 113379 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll go with 11.

Everttime I try I try to get out they pull me back in.
Old 08-05-2011   #54
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Where are the obvious holes this year?
The obvious holes are:

1) In the middle of the defensive line. Although Wade doesn't want a big space-eater in the middle, most 3-4's are based on that concept. So not having a big guy in the middle worries me.

2) OLB. We're taking some huge risks on the outside. We're looking at 3 possible starters and none of them have played the LB spot as anything other than a gimmick. We've got 3 guys that are not used to coverage and one of them is 280#+ and will almost undoubtedly be one of the largest OLBs to ever play in this league. (Granted, Jeremiah Trotter was a 300# LB playing for the Eagles but he was at the Mike.)

3) CB2. I think there are 4 guys seriously in the running for the CB2spot: Jason Allen, KJ, Brandon Harris, Roc Carmichael. Jason Allen is flirting with being a bust and after his rookie season, KJ doesn't look any better. Harris and Carmichael are rookies.

4) SS. Although most of us expect Quin to be a serious upgrade at the Safety spot, he hasn't played the position before. So this is a risk.

5) Shift to 3-4. Ultimately, we're shifting our defense and a lot of people are going to be put into positions that they're not used to.

While I think the defense will be improved (it can't get much worse), there's plenty of ways this defense could go wrong. Wade is not playing a standard 3-4 here. This is a kind of an experiment. He's playing with some different concepts and schemes here with a penetrating 1-gap 3-4 front that is really almost a 5-2. The problem with the 5-2 is in coverage.

If Wade can take this personnell and make it work immediately, this will be a huge feather in his cap.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #55
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
get out!!
What is it? 4 years in a row of starting 5-7?
Old 08-05-2011   #56
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Last year, I said 10-6.

I don't think there's a single team in this league that we can't beat. Our offense is that good and our defense should be improved. I'm hoping our ST improves, too.

Every year since Kubiak has come here, I've looked at our record and seen the improvement in the team and said, "that's got to give us X more victories." And most of the time, it hasn't.

I'm going to say 10-6 but I'd be lying if I said I was absolutely confident in that prediction.
Old 08-05-2011   #57
texan_fan80
texan fanatic

Section: my couch

honestly, this team has under achieved for the past few years. and with how tough the schedule is i feel doubtful saying they will win 10 or 11 games. which i think they are capable of doing. i see 8-8 or 9-7. but i hope im wrong. its going to be a very interesting season for the texans with all the changes.
texan_fan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #58
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 237890 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts - W
@Dolphins - W
@Saints - L
Steelers - L
Raiders - W
@Ravens - L
@Tits - W
Jags - W
Browns - W
@Bucs - L
Bye Week
@Jags - W
Falcons - L
@Bengals - W
Panthers - W
@Colts - L
Tits - W
Old 08-05-2011   #59
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
The obvious holes are:

1) In the middle of the defensive line. Although Wade doesn't want a big space-eater in the middle, most 3-4's are based on that concept. So not having a big guy in the middle worries me.

2) OLB. We're taking some huge risks on the outside. We're looking at 3 possible starters and none of them have played the LB spot as anything other than a gimmick. We've got 3 guys that are not used to coverage and one of them is 280#+ and will almost undoubtedly be one of the largest OLBs to ever play in this league. (Granted, Jeremiah Trotter was a 300# LB playing for the Eagles but he was at the Mike.)

3) CB2. I think there are 4 guys seriously in the running for the CB2spot: Jason Allen, KJ, Brandon Harris, Roc Carmichael. Jason Allen is flirting with being a bust and after his rookie season, KJ doesn't look any better. Harris and Carmichael are rookies.

4) SS. Although most of us expect Quin to be a serious upgrade at the Safety spot, he hasn't played the position before. So this is a risk.

5) Shift to 3-4. Ultimately, we're shifting our defense and a lot of people are going to be put into positions that they're not used to.

While I think the defense will be improved (it can't get much worse), there's plenty of ways this defense could go wrong. Wade is not playing a standard 3-4 here. This is a kind of an experiment. He's playing with some different concepts and schemes here with a penetrating 1-gap 3-4 front that is really almost a 5-2. The problem with the 5-2 is in coverage.

If Wade can take this personnell and make it work immediately, this will be a huge feather in his cap.

I concur with your observations but I would term them as uncertainties rather that straight up "holes". Additionally, I would add other uncertainties:
6. What level of effectiveness will DeMeco return to after his season-ending injury? 100%? 90%? 80%? Less?

7. Between the surgery and coming off the juice, what level of effectiveness can we expect from Cushing? Will he return to his DRotY play level or is the post-suspension level who he really is?

8. To a lesser degree the loss of Leach still bothers me. I'll grant you that Vickers seems to be cut from the same cloth as Leach; loves to hit, passionate about the game, great locker room guy. But you can't lose a pro-bowl caliber player and not have that side of the ball suffer - at least a little. Let me see how Vickers does in those third or fourth & short situs.

On paper we have enough talent to post a 11-5 or even 12-4 record. But that talent level needs to be coupled with a "We EXPECT to win EVERY game" attitude. I want to see a team that crushes the weaker teams without remorse and outslugs or out shoots the better teams. Without that killer attitude, we're a 8-8 or 9-7 team at best.

Let me see some preseason games and then I'll post a season prediction.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #60
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Im not listening to the debbie downers ....

19-0

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read