Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-05-2011   #21
nytexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 1436 nytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How many wins do you estimate in 2011??

The #1 key will be to stay healthy. If that runs true, 11-5. I keep looking at that number and wonder if I've gone crazy, but I think Philips and the improved secondary makes us a scary team. We have too much talent on the offensive side of the ball and if the defense makes a turn around (I know a leap of faith) this will be the team the national networks will be kicking themselves for not showing.

I haven't been this optimistic on these guys ever and I'm going for it.

11-5
Old 08-05-2011   #22
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131856 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytexan View Post
The #1 key will be to stay healthy. If that runs true, 11-5. I keep looking at that number and wonder if I've gone crazy, but I think Philips and the improved secondary makes us a scary team. We have too much talent on the offensive side of the ball and if the defense makes a turn around (I know a leap of faith) this will be the team the national networks will be kicking themselves for not showing.

I haven't been this optimistic on these guys ever and I'm going for it.

11-5

Few sites have already done their predictions and so far that as what most of them have us pegged at. So Ill go with 11-5 as well. 5-1 in division simply because the Jags will beat us once. Yes, I firmly believe we will go 2-0 against Indy this year.

With Mannings neck and his LG and LT being rookies I believe Wade throws the kitchen sink at him week 1. By teh time the 2nd meeting comes around Manning will be seriously gun shy and have happy feet.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #23
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

For the first time EVER, I'm putting us in the double digit win column.

11-5

I'm gettin OLD!! I gotta believe this will be a good year and we make it to the playoffs where good karma will kick in and we'll be in Indy in Feb! DON'T blast me for believing! We haven't had a game yet!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #24
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
For the first time EVER, I'm putting us in the double digit win column.

11-5

I'm gettin OLD!! I gotta believe this will be a good year and we make it to the playoffs where good karma will kick in and we'll be in Indy in Feb! DON'T blast me for believing! We haven't had a game yet!
I like your style and considering what the Rox and Stros are going through right now, by God, we deserve something good to happen in this completely and untterly ridiculously awesome city!!
Perki-Perk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #25
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39337 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Two things.
1. I don't count on every starter staying healthy for all sixteen games just because of the nature of football
2. Anything less than ten wins would be a fail
Old 08-05-2011   #26
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I say 9-7
Why, besides "9-7 Meh"
Old 08-05-2011   #27
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 161936 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Saints and Falcons are ? to me. We can beat them and Ravens. In my mind (that's a scary place) Steelers should be our only loss. I am not going to predict anything yet, but if our roster performs in the O, D and ST as they are expected, the NFL better watch out. ESPN may have to talk about us more than they want to.

ESPN: "Okay, Texans went 15-1 & won the Super Bowl, but how about Philly? And then there are the Cowboys and is Favre going to play again."
Old 08-05-2011   #28
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 355339 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
You know, that was an off the cuff prediction.
At the time I wrote that, I had not taken pen to paper and did a W/L prediction of our actual schedule. I just did that, and I'm kinda scared to say, I came up with 11 wins.

(3 out of the first 4 games will be shoot outs. After that, I think the D will settle in)

Colts - W (I think we really have gotten over the hump with this team)
@Dolphins - W
@Saints - L
Steelers - L
Raiders - W
@Ravens - L
@Tits - W
Jags - W
Browns - W
@Bucks - W
Bye Week
@Jags - L
Falcons - L
@Bengals - W
Panthers - W
@Colts - W (Yes, W!)
Tits - W

-You'll be surprised to see that I have us sweeping the Dolts and Tits, but splitting with the Jags.

-I think Tampa will fall off this year. Their Cinderella story will be somewhat truncated.

Some teams are just pitiful - Tits, Browns, Bengals, Panthers

Until proven otherwise, I cannot predict us winning against teams that are clearly supposed to beat us - Steelers, Saints, Ravens, Falcons

-This entire post feels homerish to me. I usually take great pains to check my inner homer at the door, and I really think I have been objective in my predictions.

-Even I am surprised by the record I am predicating.
I like your optimism, man. This is the most optimistic that I've been as a Texans fan for a long time.

But, I'm still going with your initial post.

And the reason is that I used your math above, but you forgot to divide that by the X Factor.

X = Gary Kubiak.

Until Gary proves himself to be a good game manager as a head coach, I have to reserve myself from expecting too much from his team.

I'm not hating on the guy, but rather after 5 seasons / 60 games (37-43), I'm just not convinced that he can not over-think himself.
Old 08-05-2011   #29
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I like your optimism, man. This is the most optimistic that I've been as a Texans fan for a long time.

And the reason is that I used your math above, but you forgot to divide that by the X Factor.

X = Gary Kubiak.

Until Gary proves himself to be a good game manager as a head coach, I have to reserve myself from expecting too much from his team.

I'm not hating on the guy, but rather after 5 seasons / 60 games (37-43), I'm just not convinced that he can not over-think himself.
You just had to go and do it didn't you? How dare you bring up the X factor in the fact that Kubiak is not a HC...ugghh
Old 08-05-2011   #30
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 355339 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
You just had to go and do it didn't you? How dare you bring up the X factor in the fact that Kubiak is not a HC...ugghh
Well, that little cynic inside of me couldn't resist.

Hopefully year 6 will be the one that I can point to in the future as the year that Kubiak finally convinced me.

Like all Texans fans, I just want a better future and let the past be the past.
Old 08-05-2011   #31
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

X = Gary Kubiak.

I definitely understand what you're saying. I guess i am being optimistic.

However comma, the X factor was able to get a Texans team with less talent than the current one to a 9-7 record with a complete scrub for a D coordinator.
I'm hopeful that Wade will be in Kubiak's hip pocket on game day, ready to smack him on the hand with a ruler if he acts up in class.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #32
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

I'm drinking the kool-aid... SheTexan has me fired up and believing... Gotta believe the difference in our defense is going to get us into the double digits for wins in spite of a HC that hasn't proven to be a game manager. 11-5, and we get to the AFC title game. Not sure we can get to the Super Bowl, but anything is possible in kool-aid land... so why the heck not?
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #33
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 29696 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

19-0. Yep.
Old 08-05-2011   #34
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm afraid to even guess...the homer in me is on board with the 11-5...the realist in me knows who our head coach is and I'm scared.

I'm really nervous about the Steelers game because my wife is a Steelers fan and I don't want to have to listen to the snickers...

So I'll homer-up and say 11-5 with a win against the Steelers!!
Old 08-05-2011   #35
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

11-5
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #36
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going 10-6. I think Peyton isn't going to be as effective as he has been in the past. 2 neck surgeries are gonna slow him down, especially when we beat on him during the first game.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #37
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 290661 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The only thing predictable about the Texans is their consistent mediocrity. Let us all pray to the football gods that will soon end.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #38
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

5-7 after 12 games seems like a safe bet.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #39
nytexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 1436 nytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
The only thing predictable about the Texans is their consistent mediocrity. Let us all pray to the football gods that will soon end.
Have faith brother, Gary gets to the ultimate .500 record..... 48-48 it's in the cards.... 11-5
Old 08-05-2011   #40
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel blue texans View Post
5-7 after 12 games seems like a safe bet.
get out!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read