Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-07-2011   #41
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our Little Jacoby is growing up, hmmm well we hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Lane college.....

We knew he was going to take some time to develop when we drafted him.

Two years... maybe three, unless you're Randy Moss & a freak of nature, sounds about right for a receiver coming from a major program.

I feel if he started 16 games, he'd have 100 catches & 100 yards..... even if he drops a few.
100% agreement.

To think otherwise, although anyone is entitled to, is plain ignorant. Unlike Amobi(as a comparative of developing based on drafted potential), Jacoby has shown PLENTY in terms to showing his potential in terms of plays made on the field. No reason to believe his development doesn't warrant his continued place on the team, unless you have the patience of a 3 year old.

And I'll wager Jacoby has MORE game in his pinky than any pathetic nay-sayer on these boards, so with a grain of salt, I take little value from opinions that the Texans shouldn't continue to allow Jacoby to mature into greatness.
Old 08-07-2011   #42
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskillz View Post
Kubes gets on his players alot more than we know. I remember Sage complaining about it, especially the use of cuss words. I think the "press conference Kubiak" is definitely not all there is to him.

As far as JJ, if he can limit his time in the clubs, he will become that star the chron predicts every year.
Come on now...if he doesn't hit the clubs his end zone dances will be boring.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #43
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Should have re-signed Leach with that money and then kept David Anderson for less money.
Neither Leach or David Anderson can dance.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #44
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84986 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
Neither Leach or David Anderson can dance.
Seriously?

David Anderson string dance
(and for the record, you didn't stipulate dance well)
Old 08-07-2011   #45
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Seriously?

David Anderson string dance
(and for the record, you didn't stipulate dance well)
it was funny, but not very good IMO. I liked old D.A he was just undersized and not very fast
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #46
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
it was funny, but not very good IMO. I liked old D.A he was just undersized and not very fast
But he has better hands than Jacoby has.
Old 08-07-2011   #47
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
yeah but that is him screaming at the Refs. You will rarely ever see him yell at his players. I do remember one instance when he was yelling at Schaub for some bone headed throw.
Oh.... now we're getting picky.

Quote:
Kubes gets on his players alot more than we know. I remember Sage complaining about it, especially the use of cuss words. I think the "press conference Kubiak" is definitely not all there is to him.
We've got several supervisor's where I work. Some are like the guy a lot of people want Kubiak to be. Flying off the handle at a moments notice, hooping, hollering, making a fool of himself. Some are like I think Kubiak is. Calm, Cool, Collected in public, but will dress you up & down in the appropriate setting.

My coworkers wouldn't piss on that first guy to save his life. They feel we are all grown-ups, adults & should be treated that way. We aren't his kids, even if we work him, we expect respect.

Some guys are most productive working for that fire & brimstone guy... Most guys will only pretend to do their best when the boss is watching.

Most people here, would not appreciate their supervisor talking to them the way they want Kubiak to talk to the players, in front of the whole world. In a closed room, in the locker room...... somewhere it makes sense, would be fine.
Old 08-07-2011   #48
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 281155 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kubes gets on his players ... I remember Sage complaining about it, especially the use of cuss words.
Interesting, I never heard that before. Any links?
Old 08-07-2011   #49
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Should have re-signed Leach with that money and then kept David Anderson for less money.
In your opinion, that would have been the best way to go?

Keep the full-back, a one-trick-pony, not nearly as versatile as Darryl Johnson, for a system offense..... & keep a receiver that does nothing to increase your chance of winning.

Or would you have signed a less expensive option at full-back, & paid a little more for a receiver with the proven skills & talent to take your system offense up a notch.

Vonta Leach & David Anderson

or

Lawrence Vickers & Jacoby Jones
Old 08-07-2011   #50
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
That's why he has more catches, more receiving yards, more ypc....

wait...

He doesn't.
Old 08-07-2011   #51
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
I don't know that Sage complained... I know he mentioned the abusive treatment.

David Carr complained.
Old 08-07-2011   #52
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Keep the full-back, a one-trick-pony, not nearly as versatile as Darryl Johnson, for a system offense..... & keep a receiver that does nothing to increase your chance of winning.

Or would you have signed a less expensive option at full-back, & paid a little more for a receiver with the proven skills & talent to take your system offense up a notch.

or

While I don't agree that DA does "nothing" to increase win chances, He's also had adequate time to easily dispel the notion of abandoning the jacoby project.

In comparison of the two positions... Jacoby has IMHO more to offer than DA in respect to upside. And while I'm high on Vonta and glad he "got paid", feel Vickers has as much potential offering and then some.... we'll have to see, but I like what i've read and heard. He has it upstairs.

Going the conservative route doesn't always get you were you need to go and at these positions, the downside that is tied to risk is greatly outweighed by their potential reward.

I will miss Leach... but he left on his own accord. I wish him well and have hopped on the Vickers bus, which will roll just fine I believe.

But, I digress.... this is a Jacoby thread.

NO way David Anderson can be as dynamic and a high impact player that Jacoby can and often is.

To argue the point can only serve the purpose of fun debate.
Old 08-07-2011   #53
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Somebody on the other boards was complaining that, "Who is our #2 receiver? Who is our #2?"

I replied that Owen Daniels is our #2 receiver...

Having said that, if Daniels goes down again, we really need a wide-out who is a second DEEP threat (after AJ). Kevin Walter catches EVERYTHING and I'm not knocking him, but sometimes you really need a 2nd deep threat, which he is NOT, and Jacoby Jones makes sure we have one...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #54
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:

or

Quote:
That's why he has more catches, more receiving yards, more ypc....

wait...

He doesn't.
Say, would you rather keep Vonte and get an upgrade over both Jones and Anderson? Yea.
Old 08-07-2011   #55
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84986 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
"A lot of head coaches don't yell at the quarterbacks or whatever in front of the team or during a game, but coach Kubiak does that," Rosenfels said. "It can be hard on quarterbacks. You can ask any quarterback that's played for him they respect the heck out of him. You're always going to have your issues. But I was battling, and he was battling. I respect him, and I think he respects me."
LINK
Old 08-07-2011   #56
supersid
Rookie

Section: 613
Rep Power: 0 supersid is a quality contributor and well respectedsupersid is a quality contributor and well respectedsupersid is a quality contributor and well respectedsupersid is a quality contributor and well respectedsupersid is a quality contributor and well respectedsupersid is a quality contributor and well respectedsupersid is a quality contributor and well respectedsupersid is a quality contributor and well respectedsupersid is a quality contributor and well respectedsupersid is a quality contributor and well respectedsupersid is a quality contributor and well respected

jj was looking good at training camp this morning was pulling in amazing catches and doing it consistly all morning , looking like he might seriuosly want to finally be that #2 guy...but he better be watching over his shoulder for jean(that kid is good)
supersid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #57
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It was all over the boards when it happened. Don't recall the link.

I think a couple of other players have also mentioned Kubes ripping them a new one in private.

And personally, that's the way I prefer it. The HC going in front of the public and taking the blame himself and then taking the offending players to the side in private and kicking their ass.

An HC that dresses his players down in public or blames his players is just unprofessional to me unless they've done something abysmally stupid that he can't not acknowledge.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #58
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
It was all over the boards when it happened. Don't recall the link.

I think a couple of other players have also mentioned Kubes ripping them a new one in private.

And personally, that's the way I prefer it. The HC going in front of the public and taking the blame himself and then taking the offending players to the side in private and kicking their ass.

An HC that dresses his players down in public or blames his players is just unprofessional to me unless they've done something abysmally stupid that he can't not acknowledge.
^^^^
Whut he sed
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #59
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

whut's this?! JJ making a play?!
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #60
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not entirely true.

I've done the stats work on this, in previous threads on here, and it's not as big of a difference as people think it is. JJ surpassed DA in most stat categories, was equal to him in a few, and I think was only a drop or so "worse than DA" in the drops category. Overall: JJ gives a team more than DA did.

In fact, I believe one certain person (whom I will not name) went so far as to say that Jacoby had TOO many drops and that a WR should never have any more than like 1 or 2 drops per year...which I think is flawed logic and pointed to an anti-JJ bias altogether.

I guess I will go do the stat work again. (Sigh)

EDIT: Not sure how I had originally found the "drops" stat, or if that was provided by someone else. I will do all stats that I can, though stats can be viewed however a person wants to view them...so go figure on why I am wasting my time, and yours, on this project. LOL.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read