Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-04-2011   #1
Texans_Fan59
Rookie

Default taylor mays?

hes definetly on the trading block.. should we be interested?
Texans_Fan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199795 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: taylor mays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Fan59 View Post
Not really. He's a more athletic version of Pollard. He likes to play up near the line, in the box, and he's not good in coverage.

That doesn't fit with what Wade wants to do.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011   #3
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Fan59 View Post
If we could give SF a 5th and get a 3rd from SF for taking him. This guy has Roy Williams written all over him. He's an in the box, run stopping safety.
EDIT: I give Pete Carroll all kinds of kudos for not showing college loyalty by not making sure he got Leinart, Bush or Mays. College rahrah is all fine and dandy, but the NFL is all business. I'd really love to hear his honest opinion/analysis of the three.
Old 08-04-2011   #4
dinkatoid
Veteran

Rep Power: 628 dinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respected

If he were willing (and I really doubt he would be), he could probably be a killer special teams player with his speed and hitting ability. I really doubt he would accept a minimum price to do it, though.
dinkatoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

They could try him out as a 3-4 OLB probably about the same size as Von Miller & he was 2nd pick overall. Sometimes a scheme can dictate a position. Mario would be the Thunder, Mays the lightening

Just not in the secondary, please

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011   #6
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83702
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011   #7
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
They could try him out as a 3-4 OLB probably about the same size as Von Miller & he was 2nd pick overall. Sometimes a scheme can dictate a position. Mario would be the Thunder, Mays the lightening

Just not in the secondary, please
THAT is an excellent idea. If I were Denver, I'd go back to the 3-4 and laugh at 31 teams crapping their pants trying to gameplan for Dumervil AND Miller.
Old 08-05-2011   #8
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 166359 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
If we could give SF a 5th and get a 3rd from SF for taking him. This guy has Roy Williams written all over him. He's an in the box, run stopping safety.
EDIT: I give Pete Carroll all kinds of kudos for not showing college loyalty by not making sure he got Leinart, Bush or Mays. College rahrah is all fine and dandy, but the NFL is all business. I'd really love to hear his honest opinion/analysis of the three.
I thought Pete courted Matt L. for a bit but the Texans made the better offer...?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #9
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

There's a reason this guy is getting traded so quickly, he sucks.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #10
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I thought Pete courted Matt L. for a bit but the Texans made the better offer...?
I think PC probably told Matty Clipboard he wasn't giving him the starting job automatically. He probably just said if I'm going to be a backup I may as well be on a better team. Texans > Seahawks in most categories.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I would give up Slaton for this guy though.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #12
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I think PC probably told Matty Clipboard he wasn't giving him the starting job automatically. He probably just said if I'm going to be a backup I may as well be on a better team. Texans > Seahawks in most categories.
He had a better chance of starting in Seattle, but the Texans probably offered more money to keep him here. I think it had a lot to do with cutting Orlovsky.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read