Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-04-2011   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default JAGs Garrard Injured

taniaganguli Tania Ganguli
by espn_afcsouth
Garrard left on a cart out the back of the practice area. Was having something worked on on the sideline before that #jaguars
9 minutes ago

lol Garrard
by the way the lol is cause i mispelled Garrard not because of injury if a mod could fix it i would appreciate it
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
taniaganguli Tania Ganguli
by espn_afcsouth
Garrard left on a cart out the back of the practice area. Was having something worked on on the sideline before that #jaguars
9 minutes ago

lol Garrard
Wondering if this is an Aj carted off moment.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 220522 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: JAGs Farrard Injured

I hope it's nothing serious.

I prefer to beat them with all their best players on the field.

Whether or not that includes Garrard remains to be seen although I expect him to be the starter this year.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011   #4
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I hope it's nothing serious.

I prefer to beat them with all their best players on the field.

Whether or not that includes Garrard remains to be seen although I expect him to be the starter this year.
I'm ready to get into the play offs and the texans have had their fair share of crucial injuries.

I feel bad for the player but could care less about the competition aspect.

Just win.
Old 08-05-2011   #5
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm ready to get into the play offs and the texans have had their fair share of crucial injuries.

I feel bad for the player but could care less about the competition aspect.

Just win.
I'm with both of you on this. I love beating teams when they're at their best. But we've definitely had our fair share of injuries. And good teams are supposed to overcome that. So whatever gets us wins and to the playoffs I'm happy about. For the record I don't like seeing players seriously injured at all. Hope he's ok.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183543 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: JAGs Garrard Injured

Not good for the big man.

Quote:
Garrard was hit repeatedly during drills despite his non-contact jersey and left practice with a back injury. If the injury is serious, it definitely jeopardizes Garrard's place as the starter with first-round pick Blaine Gabbert awaiting his chance.
link
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #7
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

link
WTF?

What kind of dumb ass players do they have in Jacksonville. And what kind of coaches don't strike fear into their players the first time it happens?

Repeatedly hit, despite his non contact jersey?
Sponsored links
Old 08-05-2011   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I'm with both of you on this. I love beating teams when they're at their best. But we've definitely had our fair share of injuries. And good teams are supposed to overcome that. So whatever gets us wins and to the playoffs I'm happy about. For the record I don't like seeing players seriously injured at all. Hope he's ok.
And the Texans have had a great history of making 1st time starter QBs look really good. Fitzpatrick when he played for the Rams, Tebow last year come to mind.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #9
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
WTF?

What kind of dumb ass players do they have in Jacksonville. And what kind of coaches don't strike fear into their players the first time it happens?

Repeatedly hit, despite his non contact jersey?
It looks as though the team would like Gabbert to start.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 220522 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
And the Texans have had a great history of making 1st time starter QBs look really good. Fitzpatrick when he played for the Rams, Tebow last year come to mind.
Remember the Dirty Sanchez.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

link
Hit repeatedly? I can see it happening once by mistake but multiple times just makes you wonder.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #12
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I think the way people were pleased with kubiak when he finally brought the city an offense that made sense, I think people will be pleased with wade.

Only difference is that wade has a lot more ingredients that kubiak did when he started out. I think it's pretty safe to say that our defense will at least be a bit above embarrassment on the success meter.
Old 08-05-2011   #13
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, if the division has two teams starting rookie QBs and Peyton possibly having neck issues, then it will be really hard for the Texans to not win it this year. This ought to be the worst year for the AFC South in a long time. 9-7 may win the division.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read