Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-04-2011   #81
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Secondary Getting Extra Attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo orlando View Post
If KJ had the cornerback equivalent of a 240-yard game (5 ints?) then he could have fallen down every play of every other game and Texan fans would be erupting in mass orgasms. Heck, even if he had the corner equivalent of a 4-catch game people would be happy.

People do seem to be acting under the assumption that his bad rookie season doesn't matter because bad rookie seasons don't matter. People bring up such and such great player, overstate their rookie year struggles, then use that to suggest KJ will become a good player himself. I'm not giving up on him as a fan, and the team doesn't seem to either, but if you're going to make an assumption then assume the much more likely scenario that he's a bad player whose ceiling is mediocrity.
THIS^^^

Amobi Okoye anyone?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011   #82
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
If you say so. The weeks Cush had to play MLB he looked bad, there is a reason they moved him back outside. Or in other words Sharpton played the middle better then Cush.
i agree with that but he wasnt terrible at OLB
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011   #83
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 55166 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Matt Schaub anyone? He was doing so poorly that half the city wanted Sage Rosenfels to start against Indy. And then he lost all his support once he evolved into the Rosencopter.

Some guys just take time to learn the position or get the right coaching and given the revolving door of defensive coordinators we have had, I can only hope KJ gets the right instruction this year to turn into at least a decent #2 CB.
I don't think it was that he did so poorly as a QB as it seemed he was too fragile, especially considering the history of Texan OL's, to play up to the value of the trade that brought him here. We paid a pretty steep price and he missed large portions of his 1st two years. Besides, he still seems to have plenty of detractors on here. 4,000 yd seasons just mostly shut them up.
Old 08-04-2011   #84
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 19116 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

and the KJ hatorade keeps flowing.. You guys think you would actually pull for him to get better but I think some of us around here just like to pour it on for no real reaon.

The guy had a bad rookie season, with a horrible coaching staff, teaching a new technique, and no safety help...

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #85
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
and the KJ hatorade keeps flowing.. You guys think you would actually pull for him to get better but I think some of us around here just like to pour it on for no real reaon.

The guy had a bad rookie season, with a horrible coaching staff, teaching a new technique, and no safety help...

Pretty much.

The article linked in this thread says KJ made a good play on Kevin Walter then got burned. What does everyone do? They immediately talk about how he got burned instead of saying "Well he did make a good play..." it was on and on about how he falls down. Besides a few articles does not gauge his talent.

Can someone recall the Mario Williams thread 0 0 0 0 0 0 0?

No one is saying "Oh just because Kareem had a bad rookie season that means he'll get better." at least I am not. I've said that just because someone has had a bad rookie season it does not mean that they can't turn it around.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #86
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
That's a good point. I'm trying to come up with an example of a player that started bad, who got markedly better and we quit criticizing. The closest ones I can come up with are Brown at LT and Myers at C. They still get their fair share of criticism.
EDIT:
DutchRudder beat me to it. We were hardly ever on Schaub about his play it was his durability - or lack of.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #87
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 55166 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
EDIT:
DutchRudder beat me to it. We were hardly ever on Schaub about his play it was his durability - or lack of.
Did I miss something? I said that very thing in post #83

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read