Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-04-2011   #21
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 78716 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This is our tenth season...

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Do the Raiders mark us down as an auto-win? What about the Dolphins? Colts when we play them at our house? How about Jacksonville or Tennessee? Think the Browns have us down for an assbeating at their hands? How about the Bills? Think the Panthers are looking past our game?
Ha. So the Texans are the Tallest midget in that group.

And settle down there with that Colt ref, 9 years, 3 wins, 15 losses, and 3-6 @ home.

We will see.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011   #22
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 119696 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

I prefer a Super Bowl Trophy for our 10th year anniversary, thats ALL i ask
EllisUnit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011   #23
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
I don't care about a patch, I want respect.

I want teams to look at their schedule and fear Houston Texan Sunday!

I am sick and tired of traveling around the country showing my colors and getting reamed by idiots that say my team sucks!

I am ready for smash mouthed football.

Shut these ****ers up!
Dude, I also care WAY more about our record. I'm just curious.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011   #24
gwallaia

Rep Power: 82734 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Somewhere I read the Texans will not have any special patch or recognition of the 10 year anniversary.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011   #25
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 213038 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Somewhere I read the Texans will not have any special patch or recognition of the 10 year anniversary.
That was a quote from McNair .... I read it myself. Cant remember where.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011   #26
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

What would they really be celabrating? 10 years of helping the Colts reach the playoffs? I know that's cynical, but it's how I feel this morning.
Old 08-04-2011   #27
Rick_Moon
Thank You

Section: 608, looking to move down.
Rep Power: 0 Rick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
That was a quote from McNair .... I read it myself. Cant remember where.
That cheapskate Mcnair. Won't even fork over the money for 10 year anniversary patches.
Rick_Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-04-2011   #28
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks.

I liked everything but CC showing up.
well with RB VY on other teams...why would you not like him there. HE WAS RIGHT. Half the team we have now is because of him. OD, Demeco, AJ Winston..etc..

Casserly was a decent/good GM...coach sucked..QB was hung out to dry. thats why he is gone.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011   #29
BrandonLwowski
Veteran

Rep Power: 54 BrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respected

Ten years already...hard to believe...still can remember the first cowboys v texans game..when i was 12
BrandonLwowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011   #30
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonLwowski View Post
Ten years already...hard to believe...still can remember the first cowboys v texans game..when i was 12
And that game is still the highlight of the Texans existence.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011   #31
BrandonLwowski
Veteran

Rep Power: 54 BrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
And that game is still the highlight of the Texans existence.
REPPP hell yea...other than us being 4 and 2 last season
BrandonLwowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011   #32
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135003 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
well with RB VY on other teams...why would you not like him there. HE WAS RIGHT. Half the team we have now is because of him. OD, Demeco, AJ Winston..etc..

Casserly was a decent/good GM...coach sucked..QB was hung out to dry. thats why he is gone.
I say he got lucky on those draft picks, notice you didn't mention any trades or free agent pick ups.
Old 08-04-2011   #33
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 119696 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I say he got lucky on those draft picks, notice you didn't mention any trades or free agent pick ups.
yeah but his whole philosophy was to build through the draft
Old 08-04-2011   #34
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Casserly was always making oddball picks in an attempt to look like a genius talent evaluator. He went the same way as Bill Walsh and Bill Parcells.
Old 08-04-2011   #35
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't know if it was Casserly that truly made those picks in 2006. It was clear he was leaving and Kubiak had already been hired (I think). I think it's the reason Kubiak has so much power in comparison to other GM/coach relationships. I think Kubiak had much more to do with Mario being chosen than Casserly did.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011   #36
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I don't know if it was Casserly that truly made those picks in 2006. It was clear he was leaving and Kubiak had already been hired (I think). I think it's the reason Kubiak has so much power in comparison to other GM/coach relationships. I think Kubiak had much more to do with Mario being chosen than Casserly did.
well he hasnt done crap since, to bad he cant have that "effect" every draft if that is the case. We have had some of the worst drafts i've seen since kubiak and smith i like casserly and capers drafting abilities more.
Old 08-04-2011   #37
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Ha. So the Texans are the Tallest midget in that group.

And settle down there with that Colt ref, 9 years, 3 wins, 15 losses, and 3-6 @ home.

We will see.
You realize that you just said the other 3 teams in the AFCS are midgets as well, so tallest midget does win in this case.

If you don't think we can take the Colts at home then that's your opinion, but them coming to our house is not an automatic win anymore, it's usually a nailbiter. I'll give you that we don't put up as much resistance to them in Indy, but slowly Houston is taking their own house back from the Indianapolis Mannings.
Old 08-04-2011   #38
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30006 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

This issue was brought up with McNair in the John McClain piece from this past Sunday. McNair specifically said that they would have liked to done some kind of 10 year commemoration, but the team has had nothing to celebrate. He was pretty frank.

I respect this team for not doing anything. Usually, the Texans marketing division is totally tone deaf to reality. But this time, they said to themselves, "Nope. No Year 10 celebration."

Good for them. The Texans haven't earned the right to celebrate anything.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011   #39
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
thats why I didnt say good/great.

some of the trades or FA pickups by Casserly were horrible. The edge Smithiak has is they have had really good FA pickups particularly mid season.

Was casserly behind Schaub trade or was that first thing smith did?
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011   #40
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
thats why I didnt say good/great.

some of the trades or FA pickups by Casserly were horrible. The edge Smithiak has is they have had really good FA pickups particularly mid season.

Was casserly behind Schaub trade or was that first thing smith did?
Well David Carr played 1 season for kubiak, i think it was smiths first move.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read