Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-04-2011   #81
vupac1
Veteran

Rep Power: 288 vupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ravens fan here.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Who is Flacco throwing to now?

EDIT: Boldin and Houshmanzadeh
I think they cut/released? Housch

They are on the verge of signing Malcom Floyd from SD tho
vupac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011   #82
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't think housh or mason are there?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011   #83
vupac1
Veteran

Rep Power: 288 vupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I don't think housh or mason are there?
Nope, neither is Heap

Just Boldin for now, and they are close to signing Malcolm Floyd
vupac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011   #84
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Jets WR corps got worse (in my opinion) too. I think Jerricho Cotchery was underrated and will be missed. Plax for Braylon seems like a silly move.

Those two teams might have some really bad offensive numbers next year.
Old 08-04-2011   #85
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72000 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jets WR corps got worse (in my opinion) too. I think Jerricho Cotchery was underrated and will be missed. Plax for Braylon seems like a silly move.

I would take Plax over Edwards any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Twice is twice the number of catches that Edwards will get on any given Sunday but equal to the number of drops....I hate math...
Old 08-04-2011   #86
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yeah it seems as if they have taken a step back in their ability to stretch the field.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011   #87
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I should clarify, their run games should be pretty good but those passing numbers might not be so hot.
Sponsored links
Old 08-04-2011   #88
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72000 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I should clarify, their run games should be pretty good but those passing numbers might not be so hot.
Don't clarify...SHARE!!!!
littering and...littering and....you know the rest...
Old 08-05-2011   #89
THE RAVENS DEN
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 THE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Are people in Baltimore still pissed about the Colts leaving in the middle of the night?

**serious question**

Yes and no, some of the old schoolers are, i was only 1 or 2 when they left so i really dont remember (but i understand) but we got the RAVENS now and to me INDY can have them, if you can watch

E 60 - THE BAND THAT WOULD NEVER DIE
(the colts marching band, they actually hid their uniforms in a Mausoleum for a little while.

very cool stuff, they our one of the reason why we got another team, the messed up thing about he whole thing is, they took all the trophies etc. Johnny Unitas was pissed about that too and made it known.

When the Browns left ohio and came to md they were able to keep all of their
memorabilia and their Name which we didnt want anyways, Plus they got their team back within 2 yrs not 11,12 years.

But it was the way they Left, that is the fcked up thing. If that happenned to the RAVENS, i know dam well id probably be balling my eyes out thats for sure.

Oh and another thing, thats why the RAVENS hate the COLTS , not as much as the fans though and not nearly as much as THE RAVENS AND FANS REALLY REALLY HATE THE STEALERS, (you guys have no clue how much Ravens and fans hate them)
THE RAVENS DEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #90
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not sure how old you are , but some of us lived through the Oilers-Steelers battles . I was 8 when I first got a taste of Earl Campbell versus "The Steel Curtain" .. I hated the Squealers

as a kid I still remember Jim Tunney and was

and I had to look it up the freaking play

#4 most controversial calls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqPbXWhZA_o

anyway with the Texans, Pittsburgh isn't in our division, I still hate them but not like I used to.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #91
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I am not sure how old you are , but some of us lived through the Oilers-Steelers battles . I was 8 when I first got a taste of Earl Campbell versus "The Steel Curtain" .. I hated the Squealers

anyway with the Texans, Pittsburgh isn't in our division, I still hate them but not like I used to.
WOLF!!!! Why'd ya have to post that! Oh man, I clearly remember being in my childhood living room & my parents absof^ckinglutely losing their minds during this game!

Best part about that clip is good 'ol Bum with that cowboy hat. Gotta love that man!
Old 08-05-2011   #92
THE RAVENS DEN
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 THE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respectedTHE RAVENS DEN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I think the Ravens will be an 8-8 team this year. They lost too many secondary players and their offense will be pretty lame like always. Rely mostly on Rice to do all the work and hope Flacco doesn't throw away the game.

I wouldnt say 8-8, yea we lost Josh Wilson (which im still freaking pissed about), but we got a DC who actually likes to blitz and isnt going to do prevent Defense as soon as we lead buy 3 points which was total bullsht. But we our getting dom. Foxworth back and Webb is another yr removed from his injury that came in his rookie yr ,also we finally get Ed Reed back for the first Game.(he missed the first 6 games last yr due to surgery and still lead the league in interceptions with only playing 10 games, thats a mind fck for ya lol). We also got the Rookie Jimmy Smith and hearing nothing but good things in trainning camp. We lost D. laundry who was a push over anyways.

The thing that messed us up last yr was mainly our Offensive Line, with Oher going to the LT position and losing Gaither to a back injury(which he was supposed to play RT. Our whole O line was mixed around, Yanda was playing RT when he was a G (a very good one at that i might add). Chris Chester was moved to G and he was a back up.

Also our man Problem that we still have is the OC , Cam Cameron who would have been fired but Coach John Harb. stood up for him(because he is his friend). Trust me Everyone was asking for Cams head, all he did was the same freaking plays over and over again and when something did work , you wouldnt see the play again. The problem with Cam Cameron is he doesnt use the player how they should be use, he doesnt use their strengths. If you dont believe me, just go check other forums to teams he coached for SD, Dolphins(GOOGLE IT). Everyone was bitching about the exact same thing the Ravens fans are bitching about. The only thing i can say is, it should get better simply because Cam knows he is Fired if the Offense doesnt do a 180 and if that happens, im praying he is fired mid season and not next yr.
Old 08-05-2011   #93
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by blogkimmy View Post
WOLF!!!! Why'd ya have to post that! Oh man, I clearly remember being in my childhood living room & my parents absof^ckinglutely loosing their minds during this game!

Best part about that clip is good 'ol Bum with that cowboy hat. Gotta love that man!
I must like punishment... and watching that made me mad .. damn I hold grudges
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #94
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I must like punishment... and watching that made me mad .. damn I hold grudges
The worst part about this game? It was another "who knows?" Who knows if we would have won? Who knows if we would have won the SUPERBOWL?!?!

sighs Typical, typical ....

Now it's got me a hot! hahaha
Old 08-05-2011   #95
THE RAVENS DEN
Rookie

Quote:

Housh is gone,But might come back if we dont resign Mason (which im still Furious about)

We got rookie Tandom Doss, Torrey Smith (which both are looking really really good) and a few other Rooks that look promising we also signed James Hardy that is 6-foot-5, 220-pound who played for Buffalo right before the lockout who was a 2nd round pick.

Guess we are going to have to wait for the preseason games to see who pans out.
Old 08-05-2011   #96
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE RAVENS DEN View Post
Housh is gone,But might come back if we dont resign Mason (which im still Furious about)

We got rookie Tandom Doss, Torrey Smith (which both are looking really really good) and a few other Rooks that look promising we also signed James Hardy that is 6-foot-5, 220-pound who played for Buffalo right before the lockout who was a 2nd round pick.

Guess we are going to have to wait for the preseason games to see who pans out.
Sounds like Vonta Leach and Ray Rice have their work cut out for them this year.
Old 08-05-2011   #97
THE RAVENS DEN
Rookie

Oh also someone posted that our D wasnt going to be a good, Man you have no idea how much better they our going to be, We our finally getting
Sergio Kindle ( our number one pick last yr in the draft, who broke his crown falling down 2 flights of stair) so that is another pass rusher who will be opposite of T-Sizzle and of course we have Ngata who lost 20 pounds (which he really didnt need to) so he will be a bit faster of the line, We also have MOUNT CODY who also lost some wieght but gain muscle and is much more leaner. Arthor Jones who gain wieght but it was muscle wieght and of course we still have Redding who started to find his way towards the mid to end season.

So in other words im really excited (also nervous, like anyone else and their team) about our Defense, If Jimmy Smith is the real deal then we should have our own shut down corner.

Plus our 6th round draft pick Tyrod Taylor QB looks like Vick 2.0 (we will know when the preseason has started) Aug.11 cant come soon enough, we play the dream team EAGLES, but itll be mostly Rooks and people we got in FA on both sides of the ball.
Old 08-05-2011   #98
THE RAVENS DEN
Rookie

Quote:

And yes that was total b.s. , the Refs are Black and Gold deguised in black and white strips. Refs should be fined when it comes to bad call that change the game, EXAMPLE- STEALERS VS DOLPHINS- that game was total B.S

did i mention that fcking HATE the Stealers, with a passion and their fans are a joke with their white, YELLOW soaked Piss towels, I got banned from their forums. Mind you i didnt even say anything vulgar or insulting to the point i should have been banned.
Old 08-06-2011   #99
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I remember that play well. That was total BS. I never got over that call. There was song for it too. I'm sorry so sorry........
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read