Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-03-2011   #41
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Did someone have to cover him? Besides, he was a LOT cheaper than Reggie Bush as far as decoys go....
He was not in the same class of decoy as Reggie bush.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011   #42
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ravens fan here.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
He was not in the same class of decoy as Reggie bush.
You have a point. He was MILLIONS cheaper and we got better production.
Old 08-03-2011   #43
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13265 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wow. Watching that video reminded me how good Arian foster is.
He makes it look soooo easy!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92clo...eature=related
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011   #44
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
When you're Arian Foster, it IS easy.
Old 08-03-2011   #45
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6688 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome Ravens Den!

I just wanting to say hello and tell you sorry ahead of time for the hellacious beatdown the Texans are going to give the Ravens in y'alls house. I see our new man Vickers blasting LBs, Andre torching the DB's and Flacco get crutch by the new and improved Super Mario & co.

Hide ya kids, hide ya wife, and hide ya husband cause the Texans gonna be ballin outta control!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011   #46
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Another solid yet unspectacular block by leach. Some awesome acceleration by Arian.
Old 08-03-2011   #47
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Man after watching that Arian video our O-line is really effing fast. I saw Meyers almost staying stride for stride with Arian on one of his long runs.

Our O-line, Wade Smith, Chris Meyers were literally playing out of their minds and channeling some hot oldschool 90's broncos stuff.
Sponsored links
Old 08-03-2011   #48
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He made a lot of good blocks, but he also got his ass handed to him. There was a of talk about leach on the goal line. Well in this video he got destroyed by one of the jets lb's on the goal line: http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=lhQeiBdFTfo

It happens about the 1:30 mark.
Rey, is the link correct?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011   #49
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 77974 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
the m. before youtube.com in the address is for the mobile site, IIRC.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011   #50
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
the m. before youtube.com in the address is for the mobile site, IIRC.
I took out the "m." and it still doesn't work!

But it doesn't matter.
I can still find the play when I have a little more time.
I still have the game,
At any rate, thanks for the help!
Old 08-04-2011   #51
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
I took out the "m." and it still doesn't work!

But it doesn't matter.
I can still find the play when I have a little more time.
I still have the game,
At any rate, thanks for the help!
It took a bit of deleting, but I fixed the link for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhQeiBdFTfo
Old 08-04-2011   #52
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Quote:
Another solid yet unspectacular block by leach. Some awesome acceleration by Arian.
I have to disagree with you, Rey.
That was a great block by Leach!
(Watching it on youtube is much more difficult to see than when you can watch it in super-slo-mo.)

Nice hook block by Myers allowed Caldwell to get up to the second level on the ILB and seal off the inside.
Leach watched to see if he needed to help Winston; he didn't have to so he went upfield where he sized up the SS Branch.
Branch wanted to go inside; Leach took him to the outside cleanly.
This gave Foster the shortest route to the end zone (inside).
That was smart and great blocking, IMHO.
Old 08-04-2011   #53
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I have to disagree with you, Rey.
That was a great block by Leach!
(Watching it on youtube is much more difficult to see than when you can watch it in super-slo-mo.)

Nice hook block by Myers allowed Caldwell to get up to the second level on the ILB and seal off the inside.
Leach watched to see if he needed to help Winston; he didn't have to so he went upfield where he sized up the SS Branch.
Branch wanted to go inside; Leach took him to the outside cleanly.
This gave Foster the shortest route to the end zone (inside).
That was smart and great blocking, IMHO.
Ok well I disagree. It was a regular block. Nothing spectacular about it.

It was a good block yes, spectacular. Heck no.
Old 08-04-2011   #54
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
It worked for me but I'm on my cellular.
Old 08-04-2011   #55
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
It took a bit of deleting, but I fixed the link for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhQeiBdFTfo
Thanks, Anthony (I would never have figured it out, LOL!)
I'll watch it tomorrow!

I was wanting to see the play where Rey said Leach was blown up by the Jet LB.

(I've seen Leach lost a few here and there) but if Rey was reffering to the one-yard loss by Ward around the 11-min mark in the second quarter, then it wasn't one of those times.
Old 08-04-2011   #56
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Ok well I disagree. It was a regular block. Nothing spectacular about it.

It was a good block yes, spectacular. Heck no.
If Leach had let Branch go inside, he could have demolished him (Branch).
But that would force Foster to cut outside, which would have given time for pursuit to get there.
That is what I saw.
Old 08-04-2011   #57
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Thanks, Anthony (I would never have figured it out, LOL!)
I'll watch it tomorrow!

I was wanting to see the play where Rey said Leach was blown up by the Jet LB.

(I've seen Leach lost a few here and there) but if Rey was reffering to the one-yard loss by Ward around the 11-min mark in the second quarter, then it wasn't one of those times.
No.

Leach was knocked on his ass and damn near kept foster from scoring.

Foster stretched his arm out and got the td.

There really is no mistaking it. It looked very un hammerish on that play.

I'm not saying leach sucked. I just think he was way over hyped because he was a fan favorite. Lots of fb's make the blocks he made.

Vickers is a better overall player IMO. I think he'll actually bring more in the blocking arena and making plays with the ball in his hand it's not even close.
Old 08-04-2011   #58
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
If Leach had let Branch go inside, he could have demolished him (Branch).
But that would force Foster to cut outside, which would have given time for pursuit to get there.
That is what I saw.
Just looked like a fb running in the hole and picking up the first opposite jersey he saw.

As a blocker you can't see the rb.

In the zbs you take your steps, but if a defender crosses your face you "take them where they want to go" which really means just push them past the hole.

It's up to the rb to make the right cut off of your block.

My point is that I dont think vonta analyzed the play like you think he did. I think he just picked up the guy the best way he could. He did a good job of doing that.
Old 08-04-2011   #59
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
No.

Leach was knocked on his ass and damn near kept foster from scoring.

Foster stretched his arm out and got the td.

There really is no mistaking it. It looked very un hammerish on that play.

I'm not saying leach sucked. I just think he was way over hyped because he was a fan favorite. Lots of fb's make the blocks he made.
Are you talking about the Jets game this year?
Foster's TD in the fourth quarter?
Old 08-04-2011   #60
Rey
Hall of Fame

I went back and watched it again.

Leach just basically gets in his way. It's not a real solid hit and he certainly didn't kick him out.

Arian just accelerated and ran past the guy.

Look vonta was solid. But Arian was amazing. Go back and look at his runs. Dude runs like a video game except better.

I had forgotten how good he was. His vision and acceleration in and out if his cuts is top notch. As a blocker he makes your job a whole lot easier. Just put a hat on a guy and Arian usually made the right cut and got positive yards. If a guy wants to run a certain way you just ride him and burry him and Arian will make the cut off of what you did.

No disrespect to vonta but Arian is the effin man. He needs to thank him for bringing him notoriety.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read