Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Ravens fan here.....

THE RAVENS DEN

Practice Squad
Ravens fan here, just wanted to say thank you for you boy Vonta Leach.
And i not trying to be a dick, i know you guys are kinda upset about losing him.
But i will say this Us Ravens fans are very grateful for Leach and he fits our scheme perfect. We are hoping for a Foster yardage yr from Ray Rice now, because now we have a FB that wants to be a FB.

I will say this, i am very Jealous that you guys got Jonathan joseph. Us Raven fans were hoping to get him after we lost Josh Wilson to the Skins.

And i personally am very Jealous that you guys got Brook Reed in the Draft, the dude is a beast, i dont know how he is doing in your camp , im just basing it off of highlights of what i saw of him.

Another thing is, i saw that some of you Texan fans were interested in McClain as a FB. Let me just tell you, Dont, the man thinks he is a running back and trust me he isnt. McClain actually has the skill to be one of thee Best FULLBACKS in the LEAGUE, but he wants to be a RB. He doesn't want to be a FB

Anyways just wanted to say good luck on the upcoming season except for week 6:runaway:

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
And i not trying to be a dick, i know you guys are kinda upset about losing him.
But i will say this Us Ravens fans are very grateful for Leach and he fits our scheme perfect. We are hoping for a Foster yardage yr from Ray Rice now, because now we have a FB that wants to be a FB.

I will say this, i am very Jealous that you guys got Jonathan joseph. Us Raven fans were hoping to get him after we lost Josh Wilson to the Skins.

And i personally am very Jealous that you guys got Brook Shields in the Draft, the dude is a beast, i dont know how he is doing in your camp , im just basing it off of highlights of what i saw of him.

Another thing is, i saw that some of you Texan fans were interested in McClain as a FB. Let me just tell you, Dont, the man thinks he is a running back and trust me he isnt. McClain actually has the skill to be one of thee Best FULLBACKS in the LEAGUE, but he wants to be a RB. He doesn't want to be a FB

Anyways just wanted to say good luck on the upcoming season except for week 6:runaway:
yeah it sucked to lose him, but we are over it ;), should be aq good season its gonna suck seeing leach light up our LBs instead of the other way around.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame

And i personally am very Jealous that you guys got Brook Reed in the Draft, the dude is a beast, i dont know how he is doing in your camp , im just basing it off of highlights of what i saw of him.

Interesting. I had thought about McClain if we weren't going to end up with Vickers. I always thought that McClain was really good. He does run pretty well with the ball for a FB. Does he not block that well or what??

IBleedTexans

Superbowl Bound

Sorry guy, not to be rude but Ray Rice aint no Foster homie! Leach had a part in Fosters success but , he was the best back because HE made those cuts . Im just sayin...

vupac1

Waterboy
Now that we signed Vickers, I can finally say that I am happy for Leach getting the big payday he deserved. I will still root for him (except when he plays against us) and hopefully he can make another trip to Hawaii backing up Vickers ;)

I think yall will fall in love with Leach just as we did, his attitude def fits in well with that of your team. All that being said.. dam, yall realy paid a pretty penny for him! Don't be turning on him in a few yrs complaining about how much money yall have tied into your FB!

Also, what's your opinion on not seeing Vickers lead for Hillis twice a year now? I think the reason I'm so happy for Leach's situation is because I'm so pumped about getting Vickers (especially at a fraction of the cost!)

b0ng

Bad Hombre
Great first post and repose.

You guys really going to love Leach I think he completely fits your guys style. Ray Rice's new best friend I bet. Can't wit to get another crack at you guys after last years excellent game.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Good luck to you guys except when we play ya!!! Enjoy watching Leach cuz we sure did.

Rey

Personally I never wanted McClain because i had heard about him wanting to be a ball carrier.

I really liked leach but I really was neutral on seeing him go. He fits well with you guys though.

THE RAVENS DEN

Practice Squad
Interesting. I had thought about McClain if we weren't going to end up with Vickers. I always thought that McClain was really good. He does run pretty well with the ball for a FB. Does he not block that well or what??
Put it this way, McClain wanted Ray Rice's job ok.

Now with that being said, would you want your boy Foster running behind someone that wants his job. HELL NO

Im not saying McClain didnt do his job ,but i think McClain could have done better. Last season when McClain got the ball he would run to the side thinking he was faster then he was and also tip toeing like he is a finesse player. Instead of running up the gut like he was supposed to. He is supposed to be a bruiser. There were many time when it was 3 n 1 and he couldnt get a yard. There was this one time when it was 2 n goal (one yard to score), we ran it twice, i think once with McClain and once with Rice with McClain in front with no TD. I dont know about you but wouldn't you expect a TD from the 1 yd line with 2 downs to go.

THE RAVENS DEN

Practice Squad
Sorry guy, not to be rude but Ray Rice aint no Foster homie! Leach had a part in Fosters success but , he was the best back because HE made those cuts . Im just sayin...

My man i didnt come here to argue who is a better back, think what you will. Foster has skill ill give him that but thats all. Hopefully he doesnt have a sophmore slump. Im just sayin...

IM NOT TRYING TO ARGUE WITH YOU, ILL GO THE STEALERS FORUMS FOR THAT.

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
You're going to love Vonta. We did.

For a while we even had the Vonta's KTFO (Knocked The ****** Out) award based on him destroying people.

He should make a big difference for your boy Rice. Without McGahee and McClain trying to steal his touches, Rice should have a great year and Leach will open the holes for him.

IBleedTexans

Superbowl Bound
My man i didnt come here to argue who is a better back, think what you will. Foster has skill ill give him that but thats all. Hopefully he doesnt have a sophmore slump. Im just sayin...

IM NOT TRYING TO ARGUE WITH YOU, ILL GO THE STEALERS FORUMS FOR THAT.
You'll get no argument from me homie , you stated your opinion ,as did I. I wish y'all the best except for when we meet as you stated .

THE RAVENS DEN

Practice Squad
Now that we signed Vickers, I can finally say that I am happy for Leach getting the big payday he deserved. I will still root for him (except when he plays against us) and hopefully he can make another trip to Hawaii backing up Vickers ;)

I think yall will fall in love with Leach just as we did, his attitude def fits in well with that of your team. All that being said.. dam, yall realy paid a pretty penny for him! Don't be turning on him in a few yrs complaining about how much money yall have tied into your FB!

Also, what's your opinion on not seeing Vickers lead for Hillis twice a year now? I think the reason I'm so happy for Leach's situation is because I'm so pumped about getting Vickers (especially at a fraction of the cost!)
We already love him like he has been here for yrs, the way i see it is you get what you pay for. Now with Vickers, i would be kinda jealous if we didnt pick up Leach. You guys would still have Leach if McClain didnt think he was a RB, The RAVENS are setting up to Beat the Stealers, we all know that. We literally give them games. The sad thing is Stealer fans act like they own us every time we play them which is far from the truth, the difference in scores are with TD almost everytime.(they got away with one in the play off against us thats for sure) Im just hoping we Sweep the Stealers and beat the Colts (we havnt won against the COLTS since 03').
Its funny because last yr was the first time we didnt play the COLTS in a season since i can remember and i feel we could have beat them.

THE RAVENS DEN

Practice Squad
You're going to love Vonta. We did.

For a while we even had the Vonta's KTFO (Knocked The ****** Out) award based on him destroying people.

He should make a big difference for your boy Rice. Without McGahee and McClain trying to steal his touches, Rice should have a great year and Leach will open the holes for him.
We cut McGahee (6 million a yr to be a back up, i dont think so) and i never liked him when we signed him. And McClain im hoping wont be here, i don't think he is anyways.

We drafted Anthony Allen and from what i saw on Highlights on youtube, im very excited, dude is a beast. Plus we have Parmalee and i think 2 other guys fighting for a spot.

PapaL

Loose Screw
As a resident of Maryland and a Texans fan, I love Vonta coming to Balt. He's gonna kick a$$ in black and purple.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
As a resident of Maryland and a Texans fan, I love Vonta coming to Balt. He's gonna kick a$$ in black and purple.
DUDE!!!! Send me some crabcakes!!!! I worked outside of Fredricksburgh, Md and loved it. Such a beautiful area and maybe 30 minutes from Gettysburgh. I like all that historical stuff.

JCTexan

Hall of Fame
We already love him like he has been here for yrs, the way i see it is you get what you pay for. Now with Vickers, i would be kinda jealous if we didnt pick up Leach. You guys would still have Leach if McClain didnt think he was a RB, The RAVENS are setting up to Beat the Stealers, we all know that. We literally give them games. The sad thing is Stealer fans act like they own us every time we play them which is far from the truth, the difference in scores are with TD almost everytime.(they got away with one in the play off against us thats for sure) Im just hoping we Sweep the Stealers and beat the Colts (we havnt won against the COLTS since 03').
Its funny because last yr was the first time we didnt play the COLTS in a season since i can remember and i feel we could have beat them.
Leach simply priced himself out of the Texans pocket books. The Texans are over the salary cap by 8 million right now, so they couldn't afford the 3 Mil+ a year Vonta got with the Ravens. He's a hell of a FB, though. He fits right in with that Ravens team. He's a tough, physical FB that can hit with the best of them. You will love him.

vupac1

Waterboy

Well lemme say that the Ravens have been my secondary team I root for after my Texans, so yes, I do agree that yall have been handing the steelers some games. I've always hated the Steelers ever since we had the Oilers here so trust me, I love watching BAL-PIT and I have been quite disappointed in some the outcomes...

Also, quick question.. when you say it's obvious you are gearing up to beat PIT by adding Leach.. and with the departure Mason, Heap, TJ.. are you guys beginning to lose a bit of faith in Flacco airing it out and want to focus solely on ground and pound? (bc let's face it, I felt like the playoff collapse was on him) Just curious as a semi-Ravens fan looking for some real insight...

HTown2ATX

TexansMetalhead
Welcome to the board first off.

Second though, I don't know if you are giving Arian his due. I can't crown him best ever yet, no one can. But I think you are downplaying him IMO.

Vonta was not on the field for every play and he was still just bustin it up.

Also, I was sad to see him go and you guys got a hell of a good plaer there.

Texan_Bill

Hall of Fame
Eff you Ravens fan. ;)

We love errrrrrrrr, loved Vonta Leach... That said, he's the enemy now!! However, we're certainly glad we didn't overspend for him the way y'all did. Y'all will love him; Dude plays hard every down he's on the field. He levels people! People hurt when he hits. There's a reason @RayLewis congratulated him after our last meeting against the Ravens (last season)!!!

MEGA SWATT

All Pro
Don't thank Texans fans, we didn't make that decision. Thank our glorious front office. Hard to see him go. Best of luck with him on your team.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Don't thank Texans fans, we didn't make that decision. Thank our glorious front office. Hard to see him go. Best of luck with him on your team.
It was probably the right decision regardless of how much it sucks right now.

Rey

I've been going back and looking at some of Arians runs and looking at vickers in Cleveland and I really think we got the better fb.

They didn't use vickers as much, but I saw him make better blocks overall. He was able to get out in front of receivers/returners and make good blocks. His athleticism really allows him to get up on defenders in a hurry at he hits with some good torque.

I watched some of Arians runs and a lot of times he's not even following leach.

I saw a couple pass plays where leach was in the game and leach went out for a route. He served no purpose other than decoy. If it wasn't play action and he was coming wide open he had 0 chance of getting the ball.

Leach's value was tremendously overrated by some. Jmo.

He made a lot of good blocks, but he also got his ass handed to him. There was a of talk about leach on the goal line. Well in this video he got destroyed by one of the jets lb's on the goal line: http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=US#/watch?v=lhQeiBdFTfo

It happens about the 1:30 mark.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I've been going back and looking at some of Arians runs and looking at vickers in Cleveland and I really think we got the better fb.

They didn't use vickers as much, but I saw him make better blocks overall. He was able to get out in front of receivers/returners and make good blocks. His athleticism really allows him to get up on defenders in a hurry at he hits with some good torque.

I watched some of Arians runs and a lot of times he's not even following leach
. That's part of the ZBS. It helps draw defenders that direction, opening up cutback lanes.

I saw a couple pass plays where leach was in the game and leach went out for a route. He served no purpose other than decoy. If it wasn't play action and he was coming wide open he had 0 chance of getting the ball.
He had no chance of being targeted or he drew an LB or S out of their coverage and opened up a bigger pkay down the field?

Leach's value was tremendously overrated by some. Jmo.
I'm tending to agree with this. I would say it would be interesting to see the play calling with a true pass catching threat at FB (Casey) but I know nothing at all about Vickers.

He made a lot of good blocks, but he also got his ass handed to him. There was a of talk about leach on the goal line. Well in this video he got destroyed by one of the jets lb's on the goal line: http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=US#/watch?v=lhQeiBdFTfo Everyone in the NFL gets their ass handed to them on occassion.
It happens about the 1:30 mark.
All things considered, that's understandable.

Texan_Bill

Hall of Fame
I'm happy with Vickers!! He's from Beaumont, lives in Houston irrespective of his Colorado college connection.... (Yes, I see you conspiracy theorists working on the Colorado theory, tip)...

Don't get me wrong Vonta is a beast and I love the way he plays the game (AKA blowing up DL's and LB's), BUT to overpay for a FB is foolish!!! I'll take Vickers in a heartbeat!!!

Rey

Wow. Watching that video reminded me how good Arian foster is. He does some absolutely sick things in that video. Leach on the other hand looked average.

I know that's not the complete package, but you'd think leach would have looked more hammerific on some of Arians best plays. Not the case.

Texan_Bill

Hall of Fame
Wow. Watching that video reminded me how good Arian foster is. He does some absolutely sick things in that video. Leach on the other hand looked average.

I know that's not the complete package, but you'd think leach would have looked more hammerific on some of Arians best plays. Not the case.
I wouldn't call Leach "average"... However I would say that he did things that a few FB's could do nearly equally as well, thus down grading his importance on the "O"!!!

gwallaia

Staff member
Are people in Baltimore still pissed about the Colts leaving in the middle of the night?

**serious question**

Rey

All things considered, that's understandable.
I know all about the zbs. I ran it for 4 years in HS and 4 years in college.

But the point you are making even further diminishes the importance if the fb on running plays in our scheme.

As far as him going out on routes, he had 0 chance of catching the ball. He was easy to guard and cluttered things up when he ran his little hooks in the middle of the field. No safeties bit up on him and no lb's went out of their way to cover him. In fact they tended to hold him loosely. They had him covered but they were able to help on other routes.

Probably the least scary route runner to run a route last year. Well not probably. Definitely.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I know all about the zbs. I ran it for 4 years in HS and 4 years in college.

But the point you are making even further diminishes the importance if the fb on running plays in our scheme.

As far as him going out on routes, he had 0 chance of catching the ball. He was easy to guard and cluttered things up when he ran his little hooks in the middle of the field. No safeties bit up on him and no lb's went out of their way to cover him. In fact they tended to hold him loosely. They had him covered but they were able to help on other routes.

Probably the least scary route runner to run a route last year. Well not probably. Definitely.
Did someone have to cover him? Besides, he was a LOT cheaper than Reggie Bush as far as decoys go....:whip:

Shaft75

All Pro
Welcome Ravens Den!

I just wanting to say hello and tell you sorry ahead of time for the hellacious beatdown the Texans are going to give the Ravens in y'alls house. I see our new man Vickers blasting LBs, Andre torching the DB's and Flacco get crutch by the new and improved Super Mario & co.

Hide ya kids, hide ya wife, and hide ya husband cause the Texans gonna be ballin outta control!

b0ng

Bad Hombre
Man after watching that Arian video our O-line is really effing fast. I saw Meyers almost staying stride for stride with Arian on one of his long runs.

Our O-line, Wade Smith, Chris Meyers were literally playing out of their minds and channeling some hot oldschool 90's broncos stuff.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
the m. before youtube.com in the address is for the mobile site, IIRC.
I took out the "m." and it still doesn't work!

But it doesn't matter.
I can still find the play when I have a little more time.
I still have the game,
At any rate, thanks for the help!