Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-03-2011   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kareem Jackson vs "the field"

I'm hearing a lot of commentary that KJ isn't looking like the starter opposite JJo?

Who will it be on opening day?
Old 08-03-2011   #2
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan
Default Re: Kareem Jackson vs "the field"

I'm thinking Jason Allen, with KJ filling in at the nickel until he develops.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011   #3
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

where are you hearing this? is it from an official source that is actually watching TC or a Texans employee or is it from reading uninformed message board posters guessing based on performance from last year?
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011   #4
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 97639 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post
where are you hearing this? is it from an official source that is actually watching TC or a Texans employee or is it from reading uninformed message board posters guessing based on performance from last year?
Yes, this is my exact thought about the original post as well.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011   #5
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 6353 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

How can anyone be judging who is "looking like the starter opposite JJo" when JJo hasn't even been on the field yet?
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011   #6
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Mike Meltzer is the Guy talking about it.
Old 08-03-2011   #7
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 97639 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdollaz View Post
How can anyone be judging who is "looking like the starter opposite JJo" when JJo hasn't even been on the field yet?
You're reasoning doesn't compute to me.

I mean, you can get a better sense of how the second CB will perform along side JoJo, but it isn't necessary for JoJo to be on the field to evaluate the second CB, and determine which one is looking more (or less) like the guy who will win that spot.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-03-2011   #8
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdollaz View Post
This was my first thought. JJo can't even take the field with the team until tomorrow...Not buying it, yet!
Old 08-03-2011   #9
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I've been listening to 610 all morning as usual online. They have had a couple Texans employees talk about it. I know Rick Smith was on and I believe they discussed the topic as well as with Nick Scurfield (SP?) the guy that manages the Texans info on their site, etc.

Also, I wanna say McClain was talking about it this morning but can't remember for sure.

Anyone else listening to 610 and hear all these interviews?

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011   #10
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Mike Meltzer is the Guy talking about it.

Meltzer hasn't been on the air all morning on 610 today unless I missed something.

I think you're listening to Brian Straw who is filling in for Meltz.

But either way, you're right, listening to that now too..

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011   #11
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Meltzer hasn't been on the air all morning on 610 today unless I missed something.

I think you're listening to Brian Straw who is filling in for Meltz.

But either way, you're right, listening to that now too..
Was listening to it online while I cleaned up, it was in Meltzers normal spot so I thought it was him
Old 08-03-2011   #12
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's commentary -- obviously nothing "official" from Texans at the opening of camp -- from two different sportstalk shows yesterday & today. Listening online for the first time, so I don't know who's who.

It's just the first time I've heard it as a possibility, and I heard it two times in two days.
Old 08-03-2011   #13
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 130706 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

KJ

You heard it from me first.

I wanna a cookie when it comes true.
Old 08-03-2011   #14
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102920 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
uninformed
Quin was the better of the two last year and he was moved. I have long wondered why KJ was anointed a starter before camp ever began. KJ was as much to blame as anyone last year.

My suspicion is that KJ and allen will share time depending on who was the last to give up a big play and ultimately Brandon Harris will take over.
Old 08-03-2011   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kareem Jackson vs "the field"
Given how many times KJ fell down.....the field wins
Old 08-03-2011   #16
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Given how many times KJ fell down.....the field wins
Via knock out or at least a TKO.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011   #17
vupac1
Veteran

Rep Power: 358 vupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm prety sure it will be an open competition.. KJ wasn't Wade's pick so he doesn't owe anything to him, hell he already criticized his technique during the lockout period..

I'll be happy with an open competition between KJ and JA with the better player being on the field opening day. (I'm pretty sure it will be Allen)
vupac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011   #18
c10x
Veteran

Rep Power: 360 c10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't mean to be the sound of reason because frankly I want to be optimistic and speculate with the rest of yall.

But... its freaking day 3 of training camp. There's almost a full month to go, and today is the first day in pads.

Lets back just hold our horses for the time being.
Old 08-03-2011   #19
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
KJ

You heard it from me first.

I wanna a cookie when it comes true.
You buy your own dang cookies buddy... you're the one with all the cash from the parachute jump
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Quin was the better of the two last year and he was moved. I have long wondered why KJ was anointed a starter before camp ever began. KJ was as much to blame as anyone last year.

My suspicion is that KJ and allen will share time depending on who was the last to give up a big play and ultimately Brandon Harris will take over.
#1 pick for a dire need position. Coaches needed to make a statement & did so with a player coached by Sabin who ran a "pro style" defense. It was a bad pick as the defensive coaches did little to help KJ with training or safety back up. That appears to have been recently corrected.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read