Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Austin Texans Fans?

atexan

Practice Squad
Who here lives in Austin and would be interested in joining a club located in downtown area?

:whip:

Watch party's don't necessarily have to be downtown, but we can rotate or eventually find a permanent home!

WOOOOO!

:specnatz:

Other fans and I have tried putting together watch parties in Austin, but it always fizzles. The only places that consistently have Texans fans is, strangely, Pluckers. The one near campus, the one at Burnet and 183, and the one in Round Rock. Many Texans Talk forum members already go to the Round Rock location.

Other fans and I have tried putting together watch parties in Austin, but it always fizzles. The only places that consistently have Texans fans is, strangely, Pluckers. The one near campus, the one at Burnet and 183, and the one in Round Rock. Many Texans Talk forum members already go to the Round Rock location.

This is true unfortunately. Even though I only live 5 exits south of Round Rock, I'd much rather go downtown like we used to at 3rd base and not have to go to Williamson County.

I'm in for sure. Will sign up when I have time today FWIW.

EDIT: Will probably be bringing my buddy who I converted to a Texans fan as he is usually my ride if I am drinking. Probably can't go out every Sunday, but, I have a fenced in backyard at my apartment and I typically grill and drink every Sunday during football so some people who live North like me would be welcome to do that as an alternative now and then too (I'm a master at the grill FYI).

EDIT 2: I signed up bt not sure if it went through. Once I hit submit it didn't say anything and just flashed back to the original blank screen. I signed up by first and last name of Jordan HTown2ATX and left a message about drinki9ng and grilling meat haha....so you ought to know that was me.

:jam:

:htown2atx:

My usual NFL watching spot is Common Interest on Burnet near 183. They have every NFL game on 20 screens. What I might do this year is watch the Texans at the Pluckers on 183, then go down the road to watch the afternoon games at Common Interest.

Brisco, I know the owner of CI pretty well. He may be able to provide us with our own watching room.

Metal- I received your email. Thanks.

That'd be me.

I guess you could make a list of watch locations and let us take our pick of which one we want to go to.

I go to school at St. Edward's so I'm in South Austin (Congress/Oltorf). I don't know any Texans fans here other than ones I knew before I moved here to go to school. I'd definitely be down for some watch parties, even if it's not Texans games. Hell, I watch college football all day saturday too, not a fan of any team, but love to watch. I'm down for anything when I don't have loads of homework/work.

I live on the north side, but work downtown, so I might be willing to catch a game here or there. I also need to go to the pluckers in round rock and meet the group there one day.

I wish you all the luck. For years I worked with forming and organizing the " Austin Houston Texans fan club", I am a previous PSL owbner, my name is on the glass wall at Reliant and had seats in the Bullpen for years. We started out at the Saxon Pub in SOCO because the owner was a fan and would give us rfree food, heck even buy a round for all when we scored. We had the likes of Joe Texan, AJ, gr8fan, and lots more board members show before. But when the games were not being shown due to the VY -Titans games or the Cowgirls games we moved to the 3rd Base to try something central. Then we got too many north side folks not wanting to come south. Well long story short I had an email list of over 60 fans here in the ATX, and after awhile it was only me showing up or maybe one othe, so it juts did not hold up.
I truly wish you luck and applaud your energy and hope it works for you, heck I may even make an appearance myself. I have the NFL Sunday tciket at home so i will never miss a game but will be willing to meet sometime who knows.
Good Luck and Godspeed my fellow fan!

+1

I didn't even bother signing up at atexan's link. Sunday Ticket is where its at. Carolina at Third Base was F-U-N though but it got to where it was just specnatz and me. I left at halftime. He's just too hard to lip-read. Whatever happened to him?

Anyway, I probably wouldn't be interested in a meetup unless we're making a playoff run or something that gets fans out from their homes. Its no fun being there alone.

I was in for 3B Downtown for a couple of years, then 2 things happened: my wife and I spawned children, and critical mass of the watch party moved 30 miles from my house (i.e., RR). Tough sell to the family. I miss the fun, though I like watching the game on the couch with my kids. Who knows, I might come out for a game or two, just to see some old faces and reconnect.

All the best,
Boz

For the first time in years I finally have a schedule where I can actually go out for the games. Due to other commitments I have had on Sundays I have had to either watch the games at home and even record them on some Sundays and watch them on delay.

This year I will be free on Sundays (when I am in the US that is) which should be the majority of the season.

I am a Texans fan first and foremost however I am also a Giants fan so I would like to hit some place up where all the games will be on. I am sure I will see some of you guys this season.

I'm was in, until I saw the banana in the whip :)
That's odd, because it was the banana with the whip that swayed me to join. And I don't even live in the Austin area. :whip:

I keep meaning to hookup with a Austin viewing party when I'm in town (2 or 3 weekends out of the football year). I hope that happens this season.

For the first time in years I finally have a schedule where I can actually go out for the games. Due to other commitments I have had on Sundays I have had to either watch the games at home and even record them on some Sundays and watch them on delay.

This year I will be free on Sundays (when I am in the US that is) which should be the majority of the season.

I am a Texans fan first and foremost however I am also a Giants fan so I would like to hit some place up where all the games will be on. I am sure I will see some of you guys this season.

You should come down for a game or two. For all you do for us, I'd gladly spot you a pair of tix if you needed them.

I am sometimes up in Austin for the weekend, and I'd like to meet up with some real Texans fans, gosh dangit! I have been on these boards much too long to not have meet some of you guys. Last season, I made it up to the Pluckers at 183 and Burnet for a game, but there wasnt anything over there.

Anyway, I will be up there next weekend. I know its only a preseason game against the Saints... but is anyone thinking about getting something going?

I know this is 4 weeks old and I got to meet some peeps when Big Wig was in charge but then got season tickets for a few seasons but im down to watch with fellow fans!!

Anyone doing anything this Sunday? I am back in town.

Edit: I am heading to the Common Interest off of Burnet. Heard it is a great place to watch FB so I will give it a shot. I will be going early to see the early games also.

My usual NFL watching spot is Common Interest on Burnet near 183. They have every NFL game on 20 screens. What I might do this year is watch the Texans at the Pluckers on 183, then go down the road to watch the afternoon games at Common Interest.

It was great meeting you Brisco. Maybe next time I can stick around for the Texans game ;).

Back