Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-05-2011   #221
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Latest Lombardi Anti-Texans Comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
evansilva Evan Silva
NFL Network's Mike Lombardi says #Titans are new favorites to win AFC South. Calls them the "most complete" team in the division.
Yah, just watched his back and forth on the NFL network about the subject and others... Said he believes in the Texans when he sees it... can't disagree with him there...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011   #222
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
Yah, just watched his back and forth on the NFL network about the subject and others... Said he believes in the Texans when he sees it... can't disagree with him there...
Sad but true. As TK would say, in a very slow and tedious manner, winning cures everything.
Old 09-05-2011   #223
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

today on NFLN he said the titans were going to win the divison i was like what !!!!! yeah there a good young team with """some"""" good players but if your going on paper i think the JAGS look a bit better

and was all praising Hassleback man that fool aint going to stay healthy past WK 4 IMO
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011   #224
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah and ill beleive it when i see it with the titans most of the vets that were there during there that year they made it has a wc and got bounced by the Redskins are gone

they were 6-10 last year has well and couldnt finish games

or more like getting beat by more then 9+ points by teams like CHargers Miami Cheifs and getting Zero points vs the texans
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011   #225
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
today on NFLN he said the titans were going to win the divison i was like what !!!!! yeah there a good young team with """some"""" good players but if your going on paper i think the JAGS look a bit better

and was all praising Hassleback man that fool aint going to stay healthy past WK 4 IMO
Well I think people have been down on both the Titans and the Jags a little too much this year... I think both are average teams, which could mean 9-7, which isn't as bad as you hear on sports radio in Houston... I guess it could mean 7-9 as well, which I won't complain about... but I'm not expecting 5-11s for them this year...

The factor most aren't thinking about with the Titans this year is the whole "New HC Factor"... though the guy's been around the place for some time, he is fresh as the DC and the stale HC is now out... kind of a breath of fresh air effect that may loosen up the team...

I'll still pick the Texans to take the division, just think both the Tits and the Jags are being sold a tad low... we will see...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011   #226
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216706 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
evansilva Evan Silva
NFL Network's Mike Lombardi says #Titans are new favorites to win AFC South. Calls them the "most complete" team in the division.

I rather like being the "underdog" in a situation like this.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011   #227
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 29696 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Be interesting to see what Vegas says, I think I would value their collective opinions a little bit more.
Old 09-05-2011   #228
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Be interesting to see what Vegas says, I think I would value their collective opinions a little bit more.
Here ya go.. Not exactly what you were looking for.
Old 09-05-2011   #229
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Here ya go.. Not exactly what you were looking for.
I am not a gambler per say so I'm not sure I ever read these odds correctly. If I am reading these right, they show Houston to be a 8.5 to 9 point favorite depending on the betting house?
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011   #230
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
evansilva Evan Silva

I saw this mess earlier today and thought it .... stupid to be honest.

With or without Peyton , the Dolts are probably still a better team than Tenn.
Houston and Jax both improved while I think Tenn took a step back.

Hell I wonder if the Trailer Park Trash Boys win more than one game in the division ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011   #231
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
I am not a gambler persay so I'm not sure I ever read these odds correctly. If I am reading these right, they show Houston to be a 8.5 to 9 point favorite depending on the betting house?
The one I looked at showed the Texans as 8.5 pt favorites and the over/under at 47.5
Old 09-05-2011   #232
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
The one I looked at showed the Texans as 8.5 pt favorites and the over/under at 47.5
So I am reading them right. Only one other game has a spread that big. San Diego is an 8.5 point favorite over Minn. These things will change over the next 6 days as the wagers come pouring in.
Old 09-05-2011   #233
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Yeah, whut he said.

And asterisks be damned.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011   #234
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh he probably thought he had the most complete team in the AFC West when he was GM with the Raiders in the mid 2000s. Still it could happen and I can't get my confidence up too much because deep down I have the feeling that the Texans will disappoint me again.
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011   #235
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I wonder what "innovative" ways Chris Palmer comes up with to use Chris Johnson. He may line him up at TE. And with Frank Bush on the staff you know their linebackers will probably be a joke. I don't know how anyone can call the Titans complete when there's question marks at every position outside of RB1.
Old 09-05-2011   #236
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
I am not a gambler per say so I'm not sure I ever read these odds correctly. If I am reading these right, they show Houston to be a 8.5 to 9 point favorite depending on the betting house?

They were just 1.5 point favorites yesterday before that Manning info leaked.
Old 09-05-2011   #237
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216706 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I saw this mess earlier today and thought it .... stupid to be honest.

With or without Peyton , the Dolts are probably still a better team than Tenn.
Houston and Jax both improved while I think Tenn took a step back.

Hell I wonder if the Trailer Park Trash Boys win more than one game in the division ....
I'll see your one tooth........and raise you one..........
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011   #238
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19254 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
yeah and ill beleive it when i see it with the titans most of the vets that were there during there that year they made it has a wc and got bounced by the Redskins are gone

they were 6-10 last year has well and couldnt finish games

or more like getting beat by more then 9+ points by teams like CHargers Miami Cheifs and getting Zero points vs the texans
Exactly. Can't you say that about most teams? "I'll believe it when I see it."

That's why the games are played. Sounds like the guy just doesn't like the Texans this year and will refuse to pick them.

Titans most complete team in the division? Come now, I guess that's why Lombardi is talking about teams instead of building them now.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011   #239
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
They were just 1.5 point favorites yesterday before that Manning info leaked.
I expect the gap to tighten up over the week. Once all the Colts fans call in to take the points and the money goes heavy there, the gap will narrow.
Old 09-05-2011   #240
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

9/11 1:00 ET At Houston -8.5 Indianapolis 43

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read