Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-30-2011   #201
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Latest Lombardi Anti-Texans Comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
We were 4-2 last season and ended up 5-7 (for the fourth year in a row). That's a soft team. Hopefully this year is different. Much, much different.
You're saying we should start 5-1 then end up 5-7?
Old 08-30-2011   #202
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
You're saying we should start 5-1 then end up 5-7?
I'm not saying anything other than what is written on the page.

We should have been better than 5-7 last year when we started 4-2. But, we weren't and that is what it is.

I can comprehend why national media perceives our team as soft and/or unable to finish games.

It doesn't mean that I like it or agree with it, but I can understand their perceptions.

Which is why I don't get butthurt when some doofus like Lombardi doesn't shower us with love.
Old 08-30-2011   #203
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I'm not saying anything other than what is written on the page.

We should have been better than 5-7 last year when we started 4-2. But, we weren't and that is what it is.

I can comprehend why national media perceives our team as soft and/or unable to finish games.

It doesn't mean that I like it or agree with it, but I can understand their perceptions.

Which is why I don't get butthurt when some doofus like Lombardi doesn't shower us with love.
Hey... hey.... I agree, we're soft until proven otherwise.

I should have put the little kitty after my last post.
I was just play'n

Old 08-30-2011   #204
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

The media has anointed the Texans as a playoff team the past few years, only to have them collapse and give up. I can see why plenty of media types have gotten tired of doing it.

It is up to the Texans to prove them wrong and I think they will
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011   #205
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We were 4-2 last season and ended up 5-7 (for the fourth year in a row). That's a soft team. Hopefully this year is different. Much, much different.
I'm looking forward to Dex's running tally sheet for the first 12 games. I'm in the "it'll look alot different this year" camp.

Go Texans!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011   #206
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans nay-sayers in here have only been proven right year in and year out. I hope last year was their (and mine as well) swan song, because I'm as tired of it as anyone.

I want the Texans to kick ass for a change. We've been waiting long enough.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011   #207
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Hey... hey.... I agree, we're soft until proven otherwise.

I should have put the little kitty after my last post.
I was just play'n

It's all good, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
The media has anointed the Texans as a playoff team the past few years, only to have them collapse and give up. I can see why plenty of media types have gotten tired of doing it.

It is up to the Texans to prove them wrong and I think they will
yep. QFT. I like hearing the Texans picked, but part of me wishes they were not given any of it because they should earn it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I'm looking forward to Dex's running tally sheet for the first 12 games. I'm in the "it'll look alot different this year" camp.

Go Texans!
Man, I hope I don't see 5-7 for a long, long time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
The Texans nay-sayers in here have only been proven right year in and year out. I hope last year was their (and mine as well) swan song, because I'm as tired of it as anyone.

No doubt, man. A decade of this crap and 18 years of no playoffs can sure take it out of a football fan!

That being said, this is the year that it finally happens.
Old 08-30-2011   #208
drs23 
Veteran

Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's all good, man.

yep. QFT. I like hearing the Texans picked, but part of me wishes they were not given any of it because they should earn it.

Man, I hope I don't see 5-7 for a long, long time!!!

No doubt, man. A decade of this crap and 18 years of no playoffs can sure take it out of a football fan!

That being said, this is the year that it finally happens.
DB, that I hope, is an indicator of this season. I've been somewhat surprised by the positive comments by yourself and "a few" others. I can only hope we're all correct in boarding this vessel one more time.

Hope that made sense.

Old 08-30-2011   #209
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
DB, that I hope, is an indicator of this season. I've been somewhat surprised by the positive comments by yourself and "a few" others. I can only hope we're all correct in boarding this vessel one more time.

Hope that made sense.
yep, it makes sense, man. I'm a cynic, but I'm still taking that annual leap of faith that this is The Year.

And honestly, that leap is a little easier this year with Wade and seeing what he's already doing with the defense. I LOVE watching a good defense, and the thought of our D being feared and revered around the league just make me rabid!
Old 08-31-2011   #210
drs23 
Veteran

Quote:
yep, it makes sense, man. I'm a cynic, but I'm still taking that annual leap of faith that this is The Year.

And honestly, that leap is a little easier this year with Wade and seeing what he's already doing with the defense. I LOVE watching a good defense, and the thought of our D being feared and revered around the league just make me rabid!
I agree verbatim. I've got the Kool-Aid on ice.

REP

Old 08-31-2011   #211
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Me too! Love me some D! Which is why I watch SEC games over Big 12 all the time.

I'm still a bit reluctant to take that leap of faith. I've done it year in and year out. The only thing I've gained from it is a broken heart and a bit of resentment.
Old 08-31-2011   #212
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Lombardi is just trying to get us back on board with his blogs.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #213
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Lombardi is just trying to get us back on board with his blogs.
Like a lot of media figures, he talks out of both sides of his mouth.

So if the Texans fail this season, he can point to July 2011 and say "see, I said they were soft!".

And if the Texas are successful, he can point to late August 2011 and say "see, I knew they'd be the team to beat!".
Old 08-31-2011   #214
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Did he say more recently?

Was surprised to see this thread still breathing and am genuinely asking if he said anything else.

The guy is a friggin tool bag. anyhow Texans comments aside. He just always irritates me for some reason.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #215
drs23 
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Did he say more recently?

Was surprised to see this thread still breathing and am genuinely asking if he said anything else.

The guy is a friggin tool bag. anyhow Texans comments aside. He just always irritates me for some reason.
^^^^ +1 (at least) That tool gives me a rash but I will change my tune when our guys play to their potential and he HAS to give us the props we'll deserve. He'll still be a forked-tounged tool though.

Old 09-01-2011   #216
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like he thinks we will make AFC Wildcard....

And he picked JJ Watt as D ROY

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...t_Email_NL0901

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011   #217
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Looks like he thinks we will make AFC Wildcard....

And he picked JJ Watt as D ROY

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...t_Email_NL0901
That's all well and good, but honestly I didn't give a rats ass when he said something negative about us, and I don't really care that he says something positive now, either.

(I realize that it's hard to gauge the tone of my comments via text, so I wanted to say that this is not a slam against anything you said. I'm just spring-boarding off your post. Didn't want you to think I was being a jackass to you...)

-
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011   #218
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I've been one of the biggest naysayers.

This yr has a different feel to it. They appear to be playing with alot more sense of urgency. Apparently this has alot to do with Rick and Garys jobs being on the line. As well as Wades hiring seems to have helped raise the overall intensity of the team. What this means record wise will probably be somewhere between 8-8 and 10-6. IMHO This takes into account the 1-2 games Gary screws up.

The question that needs to be answers is if Gary and Rick finish 8-8,9-7 and fails to make the playoffs, does BoBBy finally fire them and their mediocrity?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011   #219
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I do the annual roller coaster. Way up in pre season, way down during most of the season, way up at the end of the season cuz we "finished strong" and had "momentum". This year, maybe we actually ride some of that finishing momentum deep into the playoffs. A tsunami of steel blue and battle red.
Old 09-05-2011   #220
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

evansilva Evan Silva
NFL Network's Mike Lombardi says #Titans are new favorites to win AFC South. Calls them the "most complete" team in the division.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read