Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-22-2005   #41
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not whining or animosity. Many of us said we appreciated him while he was here. We just figured, he would have been a bit more respectful than to say we don't have a chance of winning a championship.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005   #42
aphia1996
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to aphia1996
Default Enjoyed and wish him the best in the G.N/W

I understand he is trying to build up his hopes with the Seahawks but they are on the way down and we are on the way up and he knows it or he wouldn't have said it....I like their coach and they have a few good player but they still don't have a quality QB and we are still building ...Each year our team has made improvements and I feel this is just another building block toward our championship run!!!! The Houston Texans are going to be fine without Sharper but I do wish him all the best along with all the other Texans that have left during the off season. Furthmore, the Texans are a quality organization that has the TEAM not individual goals come first and that is where the difference will be when you see our team con't to build and the Seahawks fall...individuals vs. TEAM!!!

Geaux TEXANS!!!

James H.
Baton Rouge, LA
aphia1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005   #43
canadiantexan
Veteran

So Jamie Sharper is glad he is gone from the Texans... good I think there are a few Texans who are glad he's gone as well. Dont get me wrong I liked jamie. Jamie was a good tackler and led our team in tackles the last couple of years, but let's not forget this is a system designed to get the ILB's tackles by funneling the run there so I fully expect his replacement to get just as many (maybe more) . At the salary Jamie was making he was a major cap cocern on this team,he was getting to old and he was not a leader. Now with the upgraded speed and attitude on defense I like our team alot more.
As far as Jamie's parting shot it was'nt really all that bad just unaccurate, he's leaving for a team on the decline (wether Seahawk fans want to admit it or not), does he really believe a team who had half their wins against the Niners and Cardinals (lets not forget the defensivly inept Rams) are a team on the verge of a championship. The Texans who went 4-2 against a tough division (Colts, Jags, Titans) are definatly on the way up and if they played last year in the NFC would have been in the playoffs.
So in parting good luck in Seattle Jamie I hope you do well I just have the feeling your going to regret what you said while at home watching the Texans go on their playoff run.
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005   #44
geofb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexFan58
Jamie Sharper made this statement to Seattle Press "I wanted to get back to a quality team that has a chance to win a championship," Sharper said. I was thinking that he was on a quality team here in Houston.
The "quality team" part doesn't sound right. But who can argue with the "chance to win a championship" part. I mean, if you were to ask the Las Vegas oddsmakers what the odds are of the Seahawks or the Texans winning the Super Bowl in either 2005 or 2006, I would be willing to bet they would give Seattle the better odds. The lines are already out for 2005 and the Seahawks have much better odds than the Texans. So it's pretty tough to fault him on the championship part of the quote.
geofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005   #45
Boris
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 Boris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVP

at the peak of his career this guy gets put on an expansion team's roster. Not once did i hear Sharper complain about being a Texan. He played hard for our city & i wish him the best.
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read