Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-31-2011   #1
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199795 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jason Allen, FA?

I thought Jason Allen was still a Texan.

But two sources show him as being an FA (Walter Football and CBS Sports).

Did he get cut when I wasn't looking? I thought he was on a 2 year contract.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jason Allen, FA?

he is still on the Texans nfl.com roster
http://www.nfl.com/teams/houstontexans/roster?team=HOU

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011   #3
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he has a year left.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011   #4
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

If he's still under contract, I'm removing CBS Sports from my favorites. The have him listed as an UFA. They also have McClain as signed with Denver and McGahee as an UFA.
EDIT: He does indeed have one year left on his contract. Damn CBS Sports.
Old 07-31-2011   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199795 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Walter Football usually doesn't screw these things up and they show him as a FA as well.
Old 07-31-2011   #6
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Walter Football usually doesn't screw these things up and they show him as a FA as well.
But if he were truly a FA, wouldn't the Jets, Cowboys and Forty-Niners have been all over him as soon as Asomugha was off the market.

Old 07-31-2011   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I've found Rotoworld to be the most reliable.

Quote:
New DBs coach Vance Joseph indicated that Jason Allen will be in the mix for a major role this season.
"He made some plays," Joseph said after watching 2010 tape. "That guy does some things that make you really, really excited. Im looking forward to him playing corner for an entire training camp. Because his entire career, hes been in between safety and corner." Allen is in a contract year. He had six interceptions in 2010, three with Miami and three with Houston. May 27, 5:17 PM
Old 07-31-2011   #8
Crushing56
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Crushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow... I didnt realize he had six interceptions. Thats not bad at all.
Crushing56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushing56 View Post
3 with Texans 3 with prior team. I want to see how he does focusing on corner rather that CB & safety.
Old 07-31-2011   #10
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought he was a FA as well, but I'm pretty sure he's tweeted about being at the facilities and practicing with the team.
Old 07-31-2011   #11
BullsOnParade
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 282 BullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respected

I expect Jason Allen to be the starting cornerback opposite Johnathan Joseph. If I remember correctly, Jason Allen was a first round draft pick just like Kareem Jackson (different years of course).

Which one would you rather have starting?
BullsOnParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011   #12
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 70974 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.nfl.com/photos/09000d5d82...000d5d82126b7d

does this answer your question ?
EllisUnit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011   #13
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The answer is that we claimed him off waivers and assumed his rookie contract which does not run out until the end of this season.
Old 08-02-2011   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
The answer is that we claimed him off waivers and assumed his rookie contract which does not run out until the end of this season.
The problem was that several of the free-agent trackers on the internet had him as a FA. Like you said, I'd heard we assumed his rookie contract and still had him. So I was confused when I posted this as to what the real deal was.

Can you imagine though? Websites with bad information? WTF?
Old 08-02-2011   #15
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

I think EllisUnit would have rage quit the forums...again.
Old 08-02-2011   #16
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushing56 View Post
No kidding. That's a real shocker.

Tied for third most picks in the league with 4 other players including DeAngelo Hall and Joe Haden.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011   #17
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Jason Allen was picked 8 spots ahead of J-Joe in the 2006 NFL draft. Wouldn't it be fantastic if he finds another gear and becomes a solid CB for us?!
Old 08-02-2011   #18
vupac1
Veteran

Rep Power: 288 vupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
Jason Allen was picked 8 spots ahead of J-Joe in the 2006 NFL draft. Wouldn't it be fantastic if he finds another gear and becomes a solid CB for us?!
would be nice to have the pick only 6 spots ahead of J-Joe instead.. A. Cromartie
vupac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011   #19
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 70974 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I think EllisUnit would have rage quit the forums...again.
Na that was an off day, hell today i just found out i got promoted to an office job at Chesapeake Energy and on salary with bonuses. So not tonight
EllisUnit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011   #20
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Allen was drafted high because he was a safety with corner skills. He,huff,and whitner were all picked top 10 to combat the y-flex te. Huff played well last year,after they decided to play allen at corner he came on, and whitner just doesn't make plays , but he is solid also. Allen can also run like the wind which helps or should help him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read