Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-31-2011   #1
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cheta Ozougwu

???

Is there room for him?
Does he have a chance to make the team?

With only draft day comments about him for a basis, it doesn't seem likely, but who doesn't like a potential Mr. Irrelevant becomes Relevant story?

I'm looking forward to see training camp reports on him.
Old 07-31-2011   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217185 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cheta Ozougwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by _superMario90_ View Post
???

Is there room for him?
Does he have a chance to make the team?

With only draft day comments about him for a basis, it doesn't seem likely, but who doesn't like a potential Mr. Irrelevant becomes Relevant story?

I'm looking forward to see training camp reports on him.
I don't expect him to. I expect him to wind up on the practice squad, if anything.

He's way too small to be a DE in this defense. OTOH, he's not fast enough to be a rush linebacker and he's not fluid enough to be a linebacker that drops into coverage. His strength is against the run; he's a strong kid.

With the switch to the 3-4, we have to carry more LBs. I just don't see this kid having what it takes to make the squad.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011   #3
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Somebody is going to get injured. Might be in the lb corps.

So maybe.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011   #4
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm guessing they need at least 8 backers to make this happen.

Williams, Ryans, Cushing and Barwin round out the starters, so who are their backups?

Reed obviously fills an OLB spot, I guess they feel alright with Sharpton and Bentley backing up the middle spots even though one is undersized and the other...kinda sucks. I think there's room for him if they believe he can rush or would just be a better athlete to throw in than Kevin Bentley. I can't give a reason why Bentley plays on any team so...I could see him replacing Bentley. Another young LB I think we should watch for is the West Texas Braman UDFA backer dude. Big guy, maybe he could be an ILB who can clog up the running game, allow Cushing to see some reps at OLB for rushing.

Interesting stuff.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011   #5
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

When did bentley become the whipping boy?

He's not anything special, but he's solid and is a good special teams player by all accounts.

I think he makes a fine back up in the middle.
Old 07-31-2011   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217185 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Bentley is also a FA and is not currently on the team.
Old 07-31-2011   #7
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Bentley is also a FA and is not currently on the team.
Yeah, so I've heard.

I dont think Mark Anderson is on the team either.
Sponsored links
Old 07-31-2011   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Yeah, so I've heard.

I dont think Mark Anderson is on the team either.
Exactly. I'm not sure who's going to be suiting up but we seem to be deficient on LBs.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read