Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-31-2011   #1
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25491 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Are we done with FA?

Joseph and Manning were both huge signings for the Texans but I haven't heard of the Texans pursuing anyone else in FA. Surely we're not done, are we? Will the Texans sign any more FA's? If so who do you think we'll go after? We've still got holes on the team and could use some better quality depth at several positions.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011   #2
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 164018 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we done with FA?

I'd like to think the answer is "no, we're not done". I'm thinking they're trying to get the draftees and minor UFA (i.e., the Bulman-class folks) re-signed.

And when you think about it, F/A is never done. I just think the frenzy has died down. We were "drinking from a fire hose" for a while there.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011   #3
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25491 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea it was pretty exciting there for the first few days. I'm just thinking they need to sign some depth at ILB, DT, and DE as well as a Punter and another SS/FS for training camp competition.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011   #4
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 167919 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I could see them signing several positions -

FB (Vonta)
ILB
DE
NT
Punter
Maybe a WR & an OLB.

Dont ask for names , they will probably be minor signings in comparison to those deals already done. So many guy's available at every spot its hard to know who they might bring in.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011   #5
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 164018 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Yea it was pretty exciting there for the first few days. I'm just thinking they need to sign some depth at ILB, DT, and DE as well as a Punter and another SS/FS for training camp competition.
I totally agree.... especially about bringing in more LBs
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

This fo brings in guys all the time. Even during the season we are working guys out and stuff.

No way we are completely done. The longer you wait though, the more desperate guys become and the cheaper you can get them for.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011   #7
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74062 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I'd like to think the answer is "no, we're not done". I'm thinking they're trying to get the draftees and minor UFA (i.e., the Bulman-class folks) re-signed.

And when you think about it, F/A is never done. I just think the frenzy has died down. We were "drinking from a fire hose" for a while there.

Love this gif
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-31-2011   #8
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Not knowing our cap position I am guessing we are in the position where the Texans are looking for bargins. We cant fix 9 years of offseasons in one offseason.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011   #9
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Not knowing our cap position I am guessing we are in the position where the Texans are looking for bargins. We cant fix 9 years of offseasons in one offseason.
Exactly, we as fans, wanted them to make a big splash in free agency. Well they did and they spent a LOT of money. They are going to be looking for veterans, rookies, and backups, to sign for the league minimum more than likely. They might have a little room, but they aren't going to sign another big name player.
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011   #10
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 65389 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I could live with them signing a good DT, and some depth guys (ie, the DT has a good/great chance of actually being a starter) but I'm not going to be too sad if they don't.

They can't possibly be done bringing in bodies for the 2011 season though, no way.
Old 07-31-2011   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 118955 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to see another vet corner, but ok if not. We need to find a punter and a FB. Other teams still have time to let players go that we could be interested in.
Old 07-31-2011   #12
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69234 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I could see them signing several positions -

FB (Vonta)
ILB
DE
NT
Punter
Maybe a WR & an OLB.

Dont ask for names , they will probably be minor signings in comparison to those deals already done. So many guy's available at every spot its hard to know who they might bring in.
Yep

ILB,DE,FB and P really need to be addressed for depth purposes. Warren if healthy and Vickers would be a great place to start.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011   #13
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

How much cap room could we possibly have left? The lack of cap space is the excuse we gave for letting Leach walk.
Old 07-31-2011   #14
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19314 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post

Love this gif
Getting off topic, but that's one of my favorite movies (UHF), and one that it ssems lots of people haven't ever seen.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
How much cap room could we possibly have left? The lack of cap space is the excuse we gave for letting Leach walk.
I think they had $X allocated for the FB spot and wouldn't go higher than that. Now that $X goes in to the pot with whatever $Y they had allocated for other positions.

I think they may have more available than you expect because they've budgeted to take care of a few more positions.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read