Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-30-2011   #1
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Vince Young: We are a dream team

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-team/related/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio
“From Nnamdi [Asomugha] to [Dominique Rodgers-]Cromartie, to Jason [Babin] to myself,“ Young told the media on Saturday, according to Tim McManus of PhillySportsDaily.com. “I know they are going to do some more things. . . . It’s just beautiful to see where we’re trying to go.”
ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease let VY start most of the season in Philly. If they hated McNabb they are going to just loooooooooove VY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Babin
JasonBabin93: I feel like we are the Miami Heat of the NFL..... Except we win the final game....
Old 07-30-2011   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

He was never known for his intelligence.
Old 07-30-2011   #3
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59516 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young: We are a dream team

I think Vince is going to surprise some people. The fact that he went to Philadelphia shows a real maturation IMO. He wanted to be a backup with a good organization rather than start somewhere like Buffalo. Reid is a brilliant coach and can use Young's talents effectively -- if Vince chooses to listen to him. I think Vince is showing that he will.

I also think Philly fans are going to be better towards him than others do. The backup QB is always the most popular guy in town. If Vick goes down, the city will go into meltdown. If Vince comes in and does even a few things right (something I think he is capable of), the fans will start screaming for him to start. See: Rosenfels, Carlson, or Bucky Richardson. Philly didn't crucify Vick, and there was at least as much to work with on Vick's resume. I don't think Philly fans would fault Vince for getting in a scuffle at practice.

Some of y'all need to get over the grudge with Vince. He's not at fault for getting drafted by the worst team in sports. It's not his fault that *********s wore his jersey to Reliant. I'm personally feeling a lot better about Vince now. It hurt before because I had a lot of positive memories of the guy. Now I can root for him again, with the added bonus of watching him beat the Cowboys. I'm really hoping that Jerry looks out from his box in Arlington when Dallas plays Philly and sees 50,000 jerseys with "Young" on the back. I would LOVE to see Vince get a 50 yard run in OT to crush the Boys.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011   #4
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

It's entirely hilarious that the backup QB is calling his new team The Dream Team and is making it sound like they should just mail the Lombardi to Philly. Even Babin's comments are hilarious as well.

The fact that VY happens to be that backup is just icing on the cake.

EDIT: You didn't hear Dan O. talk about how him and Peyton are going to be a dynamic duo (more like an ambiguously gay duo lol), or see Leinart saying that the Texans making it deep. Backup QB's should be seen on the practice field and almost never heard from. I don't know how "mature" this strikes me. Didn't hear him utter the words "Hard work" either.
Old 07-30-2011   #5
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I agree with him after all of the players Philly has now signed out of basically nowhere. I think we might be looking at a Patriots vs Eagles super bowl.
Old 07-30-2011   #6
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
Now I can root for him again, with the added bonus of watching him beat the Cowboys. I'm really hoping that Jerry looks out from his box in Arlington when Dallas plays Philly and sees 50,000 jerseys with "Young" on the back. I would LOVE to see Vince get a 50 yard run in OT to crush the Boys.
I am a Giants fan so it's hard for me to root for the Eagles, however I normally always do when they play the Cowboys. I pretty much agree here. I was hoping VY would go to an NFC East team just to pay back all those VY/Cowboys fans that gave me grief all these years about how I should be rooting for the Titans because of the Horns. Now I want to see them rooting for the Eagles. I can't wait to see all of those Eagles jerseys at the Austin area Academy stores.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011   #7
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think Vince is going to surprise some people. The fact that he went to Philadelphia shows a real maturation IMO. He wanted to be a backup with a good organization rather than start somewhere like Buffalo. Reid is a brilliant coach and can use Young's talents effectively -- if Vince chooses to listen to him. I think Vince is showing that he will.

I also think Philly fans are going to be better towards him than others do. The backup QB is always the most popular guy in town. If Vick goes down, the city will go into meltdown. If Vince comes in and does even a few things right (something I think he is capable of), the fans will start screaming for him to start. See: Rosenfels, Carlson, or Bucky Richardson. Philly didn't crucify Vick, and there was at least as much to work with on Vick's resume. I don't think Philly fans would fault Vince for getting in a scuffle at practice.

Some of y'all need to get over the grudge with Vince. He's not at fault for getting drafted by the worst team in sports. It's not his fault that *********s wore his jersey to Reliant. I'm personally feeling a lot better about Vince now. It hurt before because I had a lot of positive memories of the guy. Now I can root for him again, with the added bonus of watching him beat the Cowboys. I'm really hoping that Jerry looks out from his box in Arlington when Dallas plays Philly and sees 50,000 jerseys with "Young" on the back. I would LOVE to see Vince get a 50 yard run in OT to crush the Boys.
Damn, great post!
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-30-2011   #8
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think Vince knows what a 'Dream Team' actually is. The Eagles are far from that, but that's not to say they won't be a favorite for at least the NFC championship.
Old 07-30-2011   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Let me just paint the timeline now:

Eagles get off to a great start, Vick is lighting it up.

Vick scrambles in a super hero-esk run, exposes his body to a tough hit from a defender and gets injured.

In comes VY. Starts off great, wins a couple of games.

His play begins to decline, he throws a few picks, drops a few games and fans turn on him.

Vince takes in a tequila party at Sausagefest 2 to try and make himself feel better.

His perceived maturation is uncloaked like virgin's dress on prom night.
Old 07-30-2011   #10
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Go Cowboys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2011   #11
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74785 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Then he goes and makes a stupid, dumbass and immature comment like this. If he just cried when the Nashville fans boo'd him how will he react when the Philly fans cuss him and chucnk snowballs at him?
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011   #12
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Vince needs to take the cotton of of his ears and stuff it in his mouth (and his tweeter).

Time to shut-up, grow-up, study-up, and commit to being a teammate and to his craft.

He is damn lucky to be in Philly.
Old 07-30-2011   #13
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Spoken like a true UT homer!! J/K!!!! LOVE ya neph!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011   #14
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Are people going to stomp all over this guy for his entire career? And then after it too??
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011   #15
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

What's wrong with him talking up his new team?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011   #16
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Are people going to stomp all over this guy for his entire career? And then after it too??
YEP!! And enjoy every minute of it!! After all, its the TEXAN thing to do ya know! Just read this messsage board and all the HATE post against players that are not liked! NOONE does it better than Texan fans!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011   #17
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm cool with calling them the dream team, spread the word. Dallas just knocked out Miami Dream team, so I say it's houston turn to knock out the Eagles dream team in the super bowl. ahhh the state of Texas, were dreams come to die, LOL ok I need a new slogan, ideas anyone.
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011   #18
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
As long as he keeps up with saying inflammatory stuff and being a general goofball? Yes.
Old 07-30-2011   #19
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Every chance I get. Hurling pads into the stands? Pouting like a crybaby? Sausage and tequila parties sporting the panther fist pump? Gimme a break.

And I left a few out. The guy is a sausage case/moron.

Best wishes to him.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011   #20
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

If they're the Dream Team, VY is Christian Laettner.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read