Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-30-2011   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default AJ:It's time for Wade Phillips to start cooking

Quote:
One of the non-football related television shows I watch from time to time is a cooking competition show on Food Network called Chopped.

The basis of the competition is that four chefs have only seconds to plan and just 30 minutes to cook up to three courses using a basket of mystery ingredients given to them moments before the clock starts ticking.

Once their dish is completed, the chefs go to the chopping block where they have to present their creation to a panel of finicky judges. One by one, the chefs are sent home, or chopped, until there is only one standing. The winner gets $10,000.

Wade Phillips, welcome to Chopped, NFL style.

Gary Kubiak? He's your kitchen assistant.

Rick Smith? Bought the groceries.

Bob McNair? Hopeful financier.

Texans fans? We can be the finicky judges - but only if you know something about cooking.

Chef Wade, open your basket of mystery ingredients:

One player that has experience in a 3-4 (Antonio Smith)
A bunch of players playing in a new scheme and new positions (everyone else)
Three sprouts that are expected to bring strong flavor (J.J. Watt, Brooks Reed and Brandon Harris)
Two starting linebackers coming off serious injuries (Barwin and Ryans)
Finely seasoned condiments (Joseph and Manning)

Okay, the clock starts in 3, 2, 1 ... Go! (start running around the kitchen and acting like your hair is on fire)

I kid, but there's really an analogy here.

The Texans have given Wade Phillips nearly all the ingredients he needs to succeed:

Continue reading on Examiner.com It's time for Wade Phillips to start cooking - Houston Houston Texans | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/houston-texa...#ixzz1TbFP6Zuu
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011   #2
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AJ:It's time for Wade Phillips to start cooking

Can you smell what the Rock is cookin'? Good article. It's gonna be a wild ride to start the season, for sure.
I don't think it'll take Wade as long to install his D as it did Buddy Ryan. Wade has a track record of 1 year turnarounds. I know that includes full offseasons and all. I also don't think his D is as complicated as Ryan's 46 was.
Old 07-30-2011   #3
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 166327 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

That cooking analogy brings the phrase "Where's the BEEF?!" immediately to my mind

Beef = Space-eating NT
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011   #4
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
That cooking analogy brings the phrase "Where's the BEEF?!" immediately to my mind

Beef = Space-eating NT
Instead of beef, we're getting a shrimp cocktail.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read