Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-29-2011   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Alright Kubiak This Is Your Year

Now fans of the Texans have heard this line before but I really do think this is the year for Gary. He is going into his sixth season as HC of a team which lacks success of any kind on the field. Key players should be returning who were injured for a lot of last season but how they will play is not known. They have added a DC in Wade who has done some good things as a DC. The front office has signed top tier free agents for the first in years or maybe ever and hopefully they are not done yet. I think because of all this 2011 is a do or die year Gary and his staff because it just has to be. This is going to be one of the best teams Kubiak has ever had as a Texans HC his time is now. GO TEXANS.
Old 07-29-2011   #2
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Alright Kubiak This Is Your Year

This will be the year only when the football gods decide that this will be the year.

Trying to reason that "this will be the year" because this or that event took place, or because "we now have the players" or whatever is ....

Don't mean to bust your balloon Gary, but it's now "I won't believe it until I see it, and until then I'm not wasting the effort in getting all that excited" with many of us.

(Pretty piss poor example of looking at the glass half-full, ain't it?)
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #3
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
This will be the year only when the football gods decide that this will be the year.

Trying to reason that "this will be the year" because this or that event took place, or because "we now have the players" or whatever is ....

Don't mean to bust your balloon Gary, but it's now "I won't believe it until I see it, and until then I'm not wasting the effort in getting all that excited" with many of us.

(Pretty piss poor example of looking at the glass half-full, ain't it?)
I won't call me excited but just the way I see it because five years should have been enough for Gary but surely he'll do it in six.
Old 07-29-2011   #4
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

what if we go 11-5 and miss the playoffs ?????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #5
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
I'll take it as long as they are playing their hardest and winning because might happen one year but it shouldn't happen a lot.
Old 07-29-2011   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

what drives Gary to start these kinds of threads?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #7
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Beer and Meth
Sponsored links
Old 07-29-2011   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 318355 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

gary does beer and meth? That's a change. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #9
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 76006 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Kubiak would stay then...that would be simple.

Winning 11 games would be great and would mean that we should have made the playoffs but some fluke season occured where a bunch of teams had 12 wins. Like that onse season when the Pats went 11-5 or something but got kept out of the playoffs. I'd consider that a fluke and keep Kubes as I would think 11 wins means we FINALLY have the right formula.

10 wins or less though and missing the playoffs is a FAIL though. That's only one win more than our previous watershed year at 9-7 after 6 years.

Bad thing about that is the coaching search would only last 2 minutes as Wade walks from the AC office to the HC office and sits down

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #10
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
what drives Gary to start these kinds of threads?
Thinking that it couldn't get any worse for the team and city. Just tired of dogging it every year. Again this is not me getting excited but Kubiak and the team needs good things to happen for them.
Old 07-29-2011   #11
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164570 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

The better question is: when they have a press conference about these signings and the question 'Who is the leading force in these signings?" does Gary stand there and say "Its all on me"

DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #12
gary
Hall of Fame

I know all of you really do wish my thread does become a reality this year finally.
Old 07-29-2011   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Now fans of the Texans have heard this line before but I really do think this is the year for Gary. He is going into his sixth season as HC of a team which lacks success of any kind on the field. Key players should be returning who were injured for a lot of last season but how they will play is not known. They have added a DC in Wade who has done some good things as a DC. The front office has signed top tier free agents for the first in years or maybe ever and hopefully they are not done yet. I think because of all this 2011 is a do or die year Gary and his staff because it just has to be. This is going to be one of the best teams Kubiak has ever had as a Texans HC his time is now. GO TEXANS.
So my thread asking if Kubiak could be coach of the year need to be updated.
Old 07-30-2011   #14
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Awww Shucks!

Even IF we make the playoffs, GK still gives me worries that 1 mental melt-down is where I feel the odds are more favorable to a season ender than they should be.

How many ways could(not should) that happen?
Old 07-30-2011   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm hoping that Gary Kubiak has a plan in place on how to keep teams from reviewing a potential questionable play this year. That is one improvement I'd like to see him make. The Ryan Moats play two years ago in Indy and Arian Foster play in Houston last year vs. The Chargers are two examples of how we lost games that way.

I'm hoping that any play to the side lines that's a first down, any gain over 40 yards, or any play that gets us in the redzone/5 yard line results in a hurry up offense to run the next play.

I know that he will be limited on scoring reviews because this year the league will review every TD, FG and extra point so the ones I mentioned above are the ones that are in his hands.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read