Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-21-2005   #1
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2801 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans 2005 highlight reel hits!

Can anyone post some highlight videos of dunta and the hit against denvers fullback or jason simmons hit on chris brown.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005   #2
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

i wanna see the one simmons layed out on that lineman during the steelers game it was posted but it wouldnt let me download it.
Old 04-21-2005   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

You are thinking of Simmons' hit on Barry Sims during the Raiders game after Dunta picked off a pass.
Old 04-21-2005   #4
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

yea that on! that was a wicked hit i'd like to see it in slow motion.....and wow i put steelers dunno y i was at that raiders game haha
Old 04-21-2005   #5
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123
Can anyone post some highlight videos of dunta and the hit against denvers fullback or jason simmons hit on chris brown.
Boom#1 with Jason Simmons on Chris Brown.

Boom #2 with Dunta on the fullback.

TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005   #6
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not Texans related...but still a heck of a tackle:

Old 04-21-2005   #7
TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTexanFan16
yea that on! that was a wicked hit i'd like to see it in slow motion.....and wow i put steelers dunno y i was at that raiders game haha
PM your email adress and I can send it to you...thanks to Coach Jim.
Sponsored links
Old 04-21-2005   #8
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

haha its my g/f's but it'll do its boogerwuzhere@yahoo.com and thax
Old 04-21-2005   #9
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't we already do this thread?
Old 04-21-2005   #10
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

those look like awsome hits, but it appears that our two guys took the worst of it....
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005   #11
jr0ck
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jr0ck

Quote:
but still a heck of a tackle:
i had highschool football coaches who would have screamed at the top of their lungs "ARE YOU A COWBOY AT A *EXPLITIVE* RODEO?!?!?! SINK YOUR HIPS AND HIT HIM!!!!" that 'tackle' might be impressive in a wrestling ring, but football-wise ....

Quote:
it appears that our two guys took the worst of it
the brown/simmons was more of a train wreck type collision that dealt damage equally (it did knock brown out of the game though ). watching two athlete's throw their bodies around like that is the greatest thing since gladitorial combat!

but dunta definately got the better of the fullback, the staggering afterwards is totally negated by the size difference and the direction the fullback traveled relative to d-rob...namely backward!
Old 04-21-2005   #12
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

No one has the Carr juke?
Old 04-21-2005   #13
LBblitz
Veteran

I like the hit on the first clip but there is one thing that is bothering me...wong does not attack the runner. It reminds me of some of sharpers tackles when he wraps the guy up but either left his feet or has no momentum and allows a few extra yards.

I like wong and think he has major potential but I would rather see him be more aggessive. I dont remember at what point in the game this play happened in, but if it was late in the game and we were about to win I guess it is understandable/excusable.
Old 04-21-2005   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBblitz
I like the hit on the first clip but there is one thing that is bothering me...wong does not attack the runner. It reminds me of some of sharpers tackles when he wraps the guy up but either left his feet or has no momentum and allows a few extra yards.
Well don't know about not wrapping because Wong never gets close to starting to tackle the guy, but he definitely took the safe angle to make sure Brown was going down even though it gave up 2-3 yards off a more agressive play.

On another note--anyone notice who the 3rd Texan in the picture is at the beginning of that clip? That would be Peek coming in from the LOLB to be almost as close to the play as the ROLB on a play to the ROLB's side. Peek has warts, but hussle isn't one of them.
Old 04-21-2005   #15
LBblitz
Veteran

I guess it is just the slow motion making it seem like he is not going after him. Peek has heart and will be a stud this year.
Old 04-21-2005   #16
TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
On another note--anyone notice who the 3rd Texan in the picture is at the beginning of that clip? That would be Peek coming in from the LOLB to be almost as close to the play as the ROLB on a play to the ROLB's side. Peek has warts, but hussle isn't one of them.
Still running where it looks like Brown is going out of bounds. Peek hustles...and that small clip is a perfect example.
Old 04-22-2005   #17
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

Hey I was just wondering how ya'll post those videos? Oh and really koo hits I jus wish it was the Eagles player takin that last hit
Old 04-22-2005   #18
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

can someone please post the simmons/sims hit in the raider game i've been dieing to see it.
Old 04-22-2005   #19
TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTexanFan16
can someone please post the simmons/sims hit in the raider game i've been dieing to see it.
I forgot about you, I apologize. I'll email it to you when I get off work...its on my home computer.
Old 04-22-2005   #20
TigerBait
Veteran

Im uploading the Simmons hit on Barry Sims following a D-Rob INT. Ill edit and link you when its done.

http://s34.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...E3PYJ2OEQRG7R9

BTW, only 10 or so people can download, so feel free to upload it again on that main page of yousendit.com, very self explanitory. I could have uploaded it permenantlyso if u want me 2 just ask..
TigerBait is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read