Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-29-2011   #61
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: When dust settles the Texans will have LOST ground not gained

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
All very true statement Frog, no disagreement from me. Much like the draft every year - we can pick the winners and losers but ultimately they've got to actually play and produce!!

I only make fun and poke at the people that (1) continuously use the McNair is cheap excuse and (2) freak the eff out when an hour into free agency the Texans havn't come out and said they've signed every top FA. THAT's when I'll "continually" poking fun at people when they don't let the process unfold and think we're doomed. That's a "sky is falling" mentality: FACT. Just Fact as it is that our beloved Texans have not had the onfield success they need to have.
Cool, I just didn't want to be lumped as negative or hating. This is definitely their most aggressive off-season and I thought they would get Aso. Better than what my Boys are doing...resigns and nothing else. I just want to see how these guys get coached up.
Old 07-29-2011   #62
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Don't you love "the sky is falling mentality" around here?

Texans are huge winners this offseason. Picked up Wade Phillips whose a highly respected Defensive mind, I LOVE the guys we drafted, I like the undrafted guys we're picking up, I like we re-signed Jacoby and Butler, hoping Vonta is next, and I LOOVVVEEE the additions of Joseph and Manning to our secondary.

Now let's just go and make all this a success on the field!!
Where have you been the last 5 years. Why the hell would I have any confidence is this group. 1st round draft choices Okoye, Brown, Cushing, Kareem. Free agent PU Ahman Green, RB Chris Brown, Reeves, Orlovsky .....
going all young last year in secondary,... Hiring of assistant coaches, Do I need to say more. As the story comes out Joseph is the one that said let's get it done, or the outcome might have been different. Credit to Smith in having an offer out and then pulling trigger. I think the Texans had great FA signings THIS year, but based on the history I do not think I was one bit out of line with my post. You talk about "sky is falling mentality" again where have you been. Depending on how you want to define it the sky has never been up but once if you consider an above .500 record good or never if your idea of the sky up is the playoffs. I am not ready to annoint Smith the GM of the year based on this performance. Sorry my memory is a little longer than that. I will not put up with your crap post about this being a "sky is falling" post. I said in above posts that my opinion went up. I just hope this is not
" Even a blind hog finds an acorn"
I agree now we need to see what Kubiak/Wade can do. Go Texans

Last edited by gafftop; 07-29-2011 at 07:27 PM. Reason: sp
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #63
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Thanks Thunder,

I think my title is what drew the most response. They might not have read the original post. Smith did exactly what he needed to do.
I "got" it, and had the same fear.

Glad Smith picked up on the fact that Namby wasn't gonna commit & moved forward. Could have been total loss.
Old 07-29-2011   #64
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Where have you been the last 5 years. Why the hell would I have any confidence is this group. 1st round draft choices Okoye, Brown, Cushing, Kareem. Free agent PU Ahman Green, RB Chris Brown, Reeves, Orlovsky .....
going all young last year in secondary,... Hiring of assistant coaches, Do I need to say more. As the story comes out Joseph is the one that said let's get it done, or the outcome might have been different. Credit to Smith in having an offer out and then pulling trigger. I think the Texans had great FA signings THIS year, but based on the history I do not think I was one bit out of line with my post. You talk about "sky is falling mentality" again where have you been. Depending on how you want to define it the sky has never been up but once if you consider an above .500 record good or never if your idea of the sky up is the playoffs. I am not ready to annoint Smith the GM of the year based on this performance. Sorry my memory is a little longer than that. I will not put up with your crap post about this being a "sky is falling" post. I said in above posts that my opinion went up. I just hope this is not
" Even a blind hog finds an acorn"
I agree now we need to see what Kubiak/Wade can do. Go Texans
"As the story comes out..." Not doubting your statement but it's the first I've heard of it.

Source?

Just axin.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.

Last edited by drs23; 07-29-2011 at 08:46 PM. Reason: sp
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #65
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Heard it on 610 or 790 this afternoon. Texans had best offer out and Joseph told his agent to get it done. I guess the agent called the Texans and said Joseph was ready. Again to Smith's credit he did not say wait I need to see what Aso says, he pulled the trigger.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #66
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I think a lot of this was posturing. We were always going to get a safety and getting 2 players for the price of Namdi was worth that posturing. His price went up enough that the Eagles will overpay for him. I have to say that this was the best offseason we've had. We finally signed a big budget player that has a history of playing well.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #67
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Heard it on 610 or 790 this afternoon. Texans had best offer out and Joseph told his agent to get it done. I guess the agent called the Texans and said Joseph was ready. Again to Smith's credit he did not say wait I need to see what Aso says, he pulled the trigger.
610 and 790
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-29-2011   #68
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
I think a lot of this was posturing. We were always going to get a safety and getting 2 players for the price of Namdi was worth that posturing. His price went up enough that the Eagles will overpay for him. I have to say that this was the best offseason we've had. We finally signed a big budget player that has a history of playing well.
They didn't overpay him he got 5yrs/$60m $25m garunteed.
Old 07-29-2011   #69
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

In the end this was a very good outcome for us.

I don't see Nnamdi picking us over Philly, and we would have lost on Joseph and would be bidding for Cromartie right now or Carr.

Philly must have always been where he really wanted to go. The whole mess of Nnamdi wanting to get more exposure in NYC and being a actor didn't seem to factor into his decision.

Neither the stuff about playing for a Ryan since he just passed on both.

Or playing in a state with no tax.

He must have really liked how the Philly team looked and I'm guessing it was his first option, what held it back was Philly dealing Kolb and getting their stuff together. While all the rest of the teams just set his price.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #70
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge View Post
Have they shown the new CBA yet? I firmly believe that the only reason we re-signed Jacoby is because the new agreement allows the use of Stickum again.

I was wrong, the FO was just stupid that day...

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read