Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011   #41
El Tejano
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,811
Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: When dust settles the Texans will have LOST ground not gained

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I guess everybody can step away from the ledge now huh? I can't believe I'm about to say this, but so far Houston's FO has done EVERYTHING right this offseason. From the draft on down. We are already one of the biggest winners this offseason and it isn't over with yet.
Mentioned earlier that today shows us why they drafted the way they did. So they could get one of the top FA CBs. Good job. And when you hear that they just got outbidded by Weddle's current team, you know they did what we all wanted. Let's see what we can do for the 2nd best Safety.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #42
Corrosion
Hall of Fame
 
Corrosion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Northwest Houston
Age: 46
Posts: 31,095
Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: When dust settles the Texans will have LOST ground not gained

So much for this thread .... crash and burn.
__________________



Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #43
VTexan
The Realist
 
VTexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 519
Rep Power: 5502 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: When dust settles the Texans will have LOST ground not gained

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Sorry but I have ZERO confidence in our braintrust during this crucial period. Hasn't a Houston Pro Sports team been used as BAIT before. Didn't they learn from this. Give a deadline and then proceed with your other choices before they are all gone. Don't play the FOOL. Then when you don't get Aso you start throwing money around trying to do something and make stupid deals if there is any time left to do anything. It just seems that Aso may wait until deadline and then make deal with the Jets then the Texans are holding the bag. Hell if I was Rex I would tell Aso to wait until the last minute just to screw the Texans. Again just my opinion.



VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #44
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame
 
Ole Miss Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,680
Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: When dust settles the Texans will have LOST ground not gained

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
god it must suck to be that negative in one of the most exciting periods of the yr...

when we finally get to the playoffs, y'all will prob be grumping 'ah we're just gonna get embarassed, would be better off at home'
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Ok...now I'm saying this shit...

**** this fan base. And if you agree with the OP...you suck, as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I guess everybody can step away from the ledge now huh? I can't believe I'm about to say this, but so far Houston's FO has done EVERYTHING right this offseason. From the draft on down. We are already one of the biggest winners this offseason and it isn't over with yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Mentioned earlier that today shows us why they drafted the way they did. So they could get one of the top FA CBs. Good job. And when you hear that they just got outbidded by Weddle's current team, you know they did what we all wanted. Let's see what we can do for the 2nd best Safety.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
So much for this thread .... crash and burn.
Don't you love "the sky is falling mentality" around here?

Texans are huge winners this offseason. Picked up Wade Phillips whose a highly respected Defensive mind, I LOVE the guys we drafted, I like the undrafted guys we're picking up, I like we re-signed Jacoby and Butler, hoping Vonta is next, and I LOOVVVEEE the additions of Joseph and Manning to our secondary.

Now let's just go and make all this a success on the field!!
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #45
Section516 
Warrior
 
Section516's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,308
Rep Power: 7822 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: When dust settles the Texans will have LOST ground not gained

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Don't you love "the sky is falling mentality" around here?

Texans are huge winners this offseason. Picked up Wade Phillips whose a highly respected Defensive mind, I LOVE the guys we drafted, I like the undrafted guys we're picking up, I like we re-signed Jacoby and Butler, hoping Vonta is next, and I LOOVVVEEE the additions of Joseph and Manning to our secondary.

Now let's just go and make all this a success on the field!!
You changed your avatar, you ready for the old-woman assumptions?
__________________
Get there by kickoff.
Section516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #46
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog
 
HoustonFrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago
Age: 44
Posts: 12,417
Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: When dust settles the Texans will have LOST ground not gained

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Don't you love "the sky is falling mentality" around here?

Texans are huge winners this offseason. Picked up Wade Phillips whose a highly respected Defensive mind, I LOVE the guys we drafted, I like the undrafted guys we're picking up, I like we re-signed Jacoby and Butler, hoping Vonta is next, and I LOOVVVEEE the additions of Joseph and Manning to our secondary.

Now let's just go and make all this a success on the field!!
I love the yearly process of blue skys because of picking up "said people". I'm all about seeing results before praise. The people who complain do so because of 9 years of direct evidence. How is that hard to see? Sometimes even All-Star teams don't do well when not put in the right place to succeed. Every year is a wait and see.
__________________
Desperation is a stinky cologne. -Super Troopers
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #47
DocBar
Hall of Fame
 
DocBar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: I'm international
Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Age: 44
Posts: 8,860
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: When dust settles the Texans will have LOST ground not gained

I can't get over how relaxed and good I feel now that I'm not zipping through every NFL site on the internet hoping to see anything related to Aso.
Gafftop, I hope you're feeling better now also.
__________________
“If you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality.” Halton Arp
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-29-2011   #48
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame
 
Ole Miss Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,680
Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: When dust settles the Texans will have LOST ground not gained

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I love the yearly process of blue skys because of picking up "said people". I'm all about seeing results before praise. The people who complain do so because of 9 years of direct evidence. How is that hard to see? Sometimes even All-Star teams don't do well when not put in the right place to succeed. Every year is a wait and see.
You should try and be excited sometime, it's really fun. Don't be chichen!
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #49
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame
 
The Pencil Neck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Age: 52
Posts: 17,292
Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: When dust settles the Texans will have LOST ground not gained

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I love the yearly process of blue skys because of picking up "said people". I'm all about seeing results before praise. The people who complain do so because of 9 years of direct evidence. How is that hard to see? Sometimes even All-Star teams don't do well when not put in the right place to succeed. Every year is a wait and see.
It's all well and good to be wait and see and it's all well and good that we've had some bad years here (although I disagree that we've had 9 years of bad football.)

But I can't see anything wrong with being excited by your team's offseason moves because you think they've made the right decisions. I can't see anything wrong with being optimistic about your team's chances.

Can this all go wrong? Sure. This team could go 0-16 next year. With a few injuries that can be said about any team. There's no team out there that's assured of making the playoffs.

Personally, I watch football to be entertained. I watch football to be happy. If I were to take a mind-set of not being happy until my team wins a Super Bowl (or is a perennial play-off team), then I'd stop watching football because I'd only be happy for a few minutes before I was worried and pissed off about the next year. And there's no fun in that.

So if my team makes moves that I think are good and picks up players and coaches I think improve the team, why shouldn't I be happy about it?
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #50
Speedy
Yeller Dweller
 
Speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The Livable Forest
Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Posts: 3,133
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: When dust settles the Texans will have LOST ground not gained

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I love the yearly process of blue skys because of picking up "said people". I'm all about seeing results before praise. The people who complain do so because of 9 years of direct evidence. How is that hard to see? Sometimes even All-Star teams don't do well when not put in the right place to succeed. Every year is a wait and see.
BS! The people who complain do so because that's what they do. That said the Super Bowl isn't won on paper and in July.

I'm excited that they are finally playing this part of the game like a real football team for a change. Doesn't mean they've won anything but at least there's some excitement around here again.
__________________

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #51
Rey
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,475
Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I love the yearly process of blue skys because of picking up "said people". I'm all about seeing results before praise. The people who complain do so because of 9 years of direct evidence. How is that hard to see? Sometimes even All-Star teams don't do well when not put in the right place to succeed. Every year is a wait and see.
That's fine if you choose to have that approach.

But this off-season, from the wade hiring to the manning signing, has been different.

I challenge anyone to say otherwise.

I think that people who are excited are excited mores about what we can do and not what we will do.

Nothing wrong with being excited about the team you root for.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #52
gafftop
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Age: 56
Posts: 1,751
Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: When dust settles the Texans will have LOST ground not gained

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I can't get over how relaxed and good I feel now that I'm not zipping through every NFL site on the internet hoping to see anything related to Aso.
Gafftop, I hope you're feeling better now also.
LOL Thanks Doc,

As someones said this is the best time of the Kubiak/Smith era. I do see a light and this time it isn't a train. You have no idea how much I hope the Texans have a great season. If they can just make the playoffs then anything can happen. I still have reservations but yes I do feel better.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #53
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 33,342
Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: When dust settles the Texans will have LOST ground not gained

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Don't you love "the sky is falling mentality" around here?

Texans are huge winners this offseason. Picked up Wade Phillips whose a highly respected Defensive mind, I LOVE the guys we drafted, I like the undrafted guys we're picking up, I like we re-signed Jacoby and Butler, hoping Vonta is next, and I LOOVVVEEE the additions of Joseph and Manning to our secondary.

Now let's just go and make all this a success on the field!!
I think this conversation got flipped. This is the original post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Sorry but I have ZERO confidence in our braintrust during this crucial period. Hasn't a Houston Pro Sports team been used as BAIT before. Didn't they learn from this. Give a deadline and then proceed with your other choices before they are all gone. Don't play the FOOL. Then when you don't get Aso you start throwing money around trying to do something and make stupid deals if there is any time left to do anything. It just seems that Aso may wait until deadline and then make deal with the Jets then the Texans are holding the bag. Hell if I was Rex I would tell Aso to wait until the last minute just to screw the Texans. Again just my opinion.
All the guys you quoted were jumping on gafftop for saying this. He was right. I think. It appeared we were headed down the same ol Texans' Free Agency period...... getting punk'd by someone with no intention of ever coming to Houston.

We were both wrong about how it was going down. Rick Smith had several irons in the fire....... but none of the guys jumping on gafftop knew that anymore than gafftop did.
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #54
scourge 
Digression King
 
scourge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The Liveable Forest
Age: 36
Posts: 1,734
Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: When dust settles the Texans will have LOST ground not gained

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Don't you love "the sky is falling mentality" around here?

Texans are huge winners this offseason. Picked up Wade Phillips whose a highly respected Defensive mind, I LOVE the guys we drafted, I like the undrafted guys we're picking up, I like we re-signed Jacoby and Butler, hoping Vonta is next, and I LOOVVVEEE the additions of Joseph and Manning to our secondary.

Now let's just go and make all this a success on the field!!
Have they shown the new CBA yet? I firmly believe that the only reason we re-signed Jacoby is because the new agreement allows the use of Stickum again.
__________________
Miss you, mom. Love ya always. 6/4/1923 - 6/16/2011

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #55
gafftop
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Age: 56
Posts: 1,751
Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: When dust settles the Texans will have LOST ground not gained

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think this conversation got flipped. This is the original post:


All the guys you quoted were jumping on gafftop for saying this. He was right. I think. It appeared we were headed down the same ol Texans' Free Agency period...... getting punk'd by someone with no intention of ever coming to Houston.

We were both wrong about how it was going down. Rick Smith had several irons in the fire....... but none of the guys jumping on gafftop knew that anymore than gafftop did.
Thanks Thunder,

I think my title is what drew the most response. They might not have read the original post. Smith did exactly what he needed to do.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #56
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame
 
Ole Miss Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,680
Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: When dust settles the Texans will have LOST ground not gained

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think this conversation got flipped. This is the original post:


All the guys you quoted were jumping on gafftop for saying this. He was right. I think. It appeared we were headed down the same ol Texans' Free Agency period...... getting punk'd by someone with no intention of ever coming to Houston.

We were both wrong about how it was going down. Rick Smith had several irons in the fire....... but none of the guys jumping on gafftop knew that anymore than gafftop did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Thanks Thunder,

I think my title is what drew the most response. They might not have read the original post. Smith did exactly what he needed to do.
Yea, my intention was not to jump on anyone specifically... this was just the perfect thread to address how different (read exciting/successful) this offseason has been.

The biggest thing for me is the title of the thread, and thunder just addressed it too. See the bolded. Everyone is so quick to blame McNair or Smith for things when really we have no idea what's going on. We just get pissed because it's not reported in the news and the FO isn't leaking our moves. I think people are so quick to criticize when we're not even informed about what's up. And then after we find it it's like "oh uhm well whatever, they SHOULD be doing that." I totally understand we havn't gotten premier FAs in the past and that people are so down on the FO in this regard. But when we're ONE hour or ONE day into "free agency" and we landed the big time players people were freaking out and saying how much we suck. We gotta let this stuff play out guys!
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #57
ObsiWan
Contributor
 
ObsiWan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: League City, Tx
Age: 62
Posts: 12,675
Rep Power: 169179 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: When dust settles the Texans will have LOST ground not gained

I haven't been this excited about an upcoming season since we let HWWNBN hit the road.
:hur rah:
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #58
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog
 
HoustonFrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago
Age: 44
Posts: 12,417
Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: When dust settles the Texans will have LOST ground not gained

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
That's fine if you choose to have that approach.

But this off-season, from the wade hiring to the manning signing, has been different.

I challenge anyone to say otherwise.

I think that people who are excited are excited mores about what we can do and not what we will do.

Nothing wrong with being excited about the team you root for.
Never said there was. I like all the signings. What bugs me is that Ole Miss and some others will continuously throw out the "sky is falling mentality" or call people haters just being they are realistic. Fact..the Texans haven't been successful. Fact..the owner and GM and coaches haven't done a great job signing the right people and coaching them up. Fact..they haven't been winners. Fact..Carr sucked. That isn't sky is falling. That is fandom being realistic and waiting for good things. It isn't neghative to point out the obvious. So while this off season is looking great on paper I'm not going to sit here and act like there isn't more to it....like Kubiak actually coaching these people. Just like as a Cowboy fan I think their offseason, besides bringing Garrett on, has sucked. Just simple with me.
__________________
Desperation is a stinky cologne. -Super Troopers
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #59
Rey
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,475
Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Never said there was. I like all the signings. What bugs me is that Ole Miss and some others will continuously throw out the "sky is falling mentality" or call people haters just being they are realistic. Fact..the Texans haven't been successful. Fact..the owner and GM and coaches haven't done a great job signing the right people and coaching them up. Fact..they haven't been winners. Fact..Carr sucked. That isn't sky is falling. That is fandom being realistic and waiting for good things. It isn't neghative to point out the obvious. So while this off season is looking great on paper I'm not going to sit here and act like there isn't more to it....like Kubiak actually coaching these people. Just like as a Cowboy fan I think their offseason, besides bringing Garrett on, has sucked. Just simple with me.
Understood.

Definitely agree that they still need to prove it.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #60
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame
 
Ole Miss Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,680
Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: When dust settles the Texans will have LOST ground not gained

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Never said there was. I like all the signings. What bugs me is that Ole Miss and some others will continuously throw out the "sky is falling mentality" or call people haters just being they are realistic. Fact..the Texans haven't been successful. Fact..the owner and GM and coaches haven't done a great job signing the right people and coaching them up. Fact..they haven't been winners. Fact..Carr sucked. That isn't sky is falling. That is fandom being realistic and waiting for good things. It isn't neghative to point out the obvious. So while this off season is looking great on paper I'm not going to sit here and act like there isn't more to it....like Kubiak actually coaching these people. Just like as a Cowboy fan I think their offseason, besides bringing Garrett on, has sucked. Just simple with me.
All very true statement Frog, no disagreement from me. Much like the draft every year - we can pick the winners and losers but ultimately they've got to actually play and produce!!

I only make fun and poke at the people that (1) continuously use the McNair is cheap excuse and (2) freak the eff out when an hour into free agency the Texans havn't come out and said they've signed every top FA. THAT's when I'll "continually" poking fun at people when they don't let the process unfold and think we're doomed. That's a "sky is falling" mentality: FACT. Just Fact as it is that our beloved Texans have not had the onfield success they need to have.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger