Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-28-2011   #21
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think we've done enough trying. The money is out there, he's waiting for the Jets to pony up. If they don't he's going to sign with them for less money.

I'm thinking he believes he is going to set the market.

We need to let him know, we are going to set the market. We'll offer Joseph 12-14 million, making him the highest paid corner in the league.

Then we'll know if it's about the money, or if he has no interest in playing for the Texans at all.
I think paying that much for Joseph would suck worse than losing out on aso.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #22
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
& this is the difference between good GMs & Rick Smith. Some people make **** happen some people wait for ****.
Using that logic no matter who signs aso is a bad gm.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #23
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49254 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: When dust settles the Texans will have LOST ground not gained

Quote:
I agree. They should tell Aso they are willing to offer Joseph the same deal. Then Aso has to decide if he wants to gamble with the Jets, or take the money he knows Joseph will take.

If the Jets aren't offering him $12m+. How's he going to feel if he isn't the highest paid CB when it's over & done.

I'd be fine with the texans paying Joseph $12+ million
I hope if my Raiders aren't going to be the ones with Nams, that Houston gets him. IF he comes to Houston, you guys will all be very impressed with what a class act Nams is, and then you'll realize it isn't just about being paid with him.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/04/29/10/N...89&feedID=5738
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #24
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
If the Texans do that, I'm going to fart in your general direction.
Why on earth would we cut off our nose to spite our face? We don't get the guy we wanted so we're going to pay an obviously inferior payer more money?
PLEASE tell me you forgot to use the smilie.
LOL I know, that line of thinking didn't make any sense whatsoever. If the Texans did something like that they would be a league wide laughing stock and it would be career suicide for Rick Smith.

And this thread is kind of ridiculous and over dramatic because the other corners are not going to sign a deal until Aso does, because he's going to set the market and regardless of how hard the Texans try to set the market...they won't, they can't, and it's out of their control. Aso is going to set the market because he's the best player (arguably) at his position and he's the best player in this FA period. Guess what that means... He's setting his own market by getting teams to bid for him. That's normal for a elite star FAs looking for a new home and that's what HAPPENS in FA.

It's also ridiculous to say the Texans are going to take a step back and LOSE GROUND, because they're pursuing Nnamdi Asomugha. Even if they don't get him, they've already WON and gained a step because of their pursuit of Asomugha. They won, because now every agent out there knows Houston is looking to spend BIG BUCKS and is serious about signing serious FAs. Guess what those agents are going to do. They're going to sit back and wait for the dust to settle between the Jets and Texans and then they're going to entertain whoever lost out on the Nnamdi sweepstakes. How anybody can think the Texans are "losing", because of their pursuit of Nnamdi is beyond me, because that's clearly not the case.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #25
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's not being negative, it's being real. The same ol song & dance. Are they trying not to piss Nnamdi off or something, playing good guys.

Screw that. We need to stop being soft.

"Nnamdi, we are prepared to make you the highest paid corner in the league. But we aren't prepared to play your *****. We will make someone the highest paid CB. You've got an hour to help us decide who it will be."
you need to stop acting like you know whats happening & whats going to happen. cant even remember where i read it at this stage but earlier in the day lombardi maybe? tweeted that the texans are meeting him or his agent (cant even remember) today. for all you & i know they're all around a table making nice after agreeing to a deal
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #26
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Nnamdi Asomugha and Antonio Cromatie have the same agent. Yep, so we're losing ground talking to that guy.
Old 07-28-2011   #27
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think we've done enough trying. The money is out there, he's waiting for the Jets to pony up. If they don't he's going to sign with them for less money.

I'm thinking he believes he is going to set the market.

We need to let him know, we are going to set the market. We'll offer Joseph 12-14 million, making him the highest paid corner in the league.

Then we'll know if it's about the money, or if he has no interest in playing for the Texans at all.
Or it could be an agent who knows he has the number 1 and 3 top rated CB FAs and if #1 sets the market real high, then #3 gets a very good contract also with whoever and the agents make bookoo cash!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-28-2011   #28
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's not being negative, it's being real. The same ol song & dance. Are they trying not to piss Nnamdi off or something, playing good guys.

Screw that. We need to stop being soft.

"Nnamdi, we are prepared to make you the highest paid corner in the league. But we aren't prepared to play your *****. We will make someone the highest paid CB. You've got an hour to help us decide who it will be."
And if you're Nnamdi you can turn around and say "and if you give me another ultimatem you will make my decision easier and then you will have to be prepared to take a chance on someone else who may upgrade the wack secondary you got now."
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #29
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
you need to stop acting like you know whats happening & whats going to happen. cant even remember where i read it at this stage but earlier in the day lombardi maybe? tweeted that the texans are meeting him or his agent (cant even remember) today. for all you & i know they're all around a table making nice after agreeing to a deal
Well, I know they better not be meeting with Nnamdi today.

That's illegal.
Old 07-28-2011   #30
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 13195 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, I know they better not be meeting with Nnamdi today.

That's illegal.
Why?
Old 07-28-2011   #31
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Uusually I'd agree with this thread completely. But the way it is setting up makes me think he is coming here. I honestly...at 30...would rather be a Jet and competing for a SB. But the Texans will have about 3 mil more to offer and can wait. The Jets already lost Brad Smith and can't sit forever. Plus look at how this is playing out. alot of big deals have been announced already. the Jets would be all over the news with the deal. This looks like a "by the book" Texans move where it is announced on the proper day Friday. I never though they would get him but I'm leaning that it will happen. If I were the Jets I'd be selling his age, years to win it and what they have set up already.
Old 07-28-2011   #32
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

THIS just in from PFT
Old 07-28-2011   #33
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

The texans have already made there gameplan on free agents weeks ago chill out
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #34
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6869 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

If we really got Joseph my opinion of our braintrust just went up depending on what we paid. Now let's keep signing.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #35
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
If we really got Joseph my opinion of our braintrust just went up depending on what we paid. Now let's keep signing.
I think they had to beat 49ers to it...his injury history is scary though
Old 07-28-2011   #36
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Maybe Rick Smith was laying down the law this whole time.
Old 07-28-2011   #37
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6869 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe Rick Smith was laying down the law this whole time.
I think that is the case. Maybe not all is lost. I know I am feeling more optimistic now. C'mon SHOW ME THE PLAYERS RICK
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #38
cland
Veteran

Rep Power: 1875 cland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sorry but I have ZERO confidence in our braintrust during this crucial period. Hasn't a Houston Pro Sports team been used as BAIT before. Didn't they learn from this. Give a deadline and then proceed with your other choices before they are all gone. Don't play the FOOL. Then when you don't get Aso you start throwing money around trying to do something and make stupid deals if there is any time left to do anything. It just seems that Aso may wait until deadline and then make deal with the Jets then the Texans are holding the bag. Hell if I was Rex I would tell Aso to wait until the last minute just to screw the Texans. Again just my opinion.
stompzinnige
tulala
idiootti
იდიოტი
白痴
ηλίθιος
ઇડીયટ
אידיוט
馬鹿
멍청이
идиот
идиот
cland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #39
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

I guess everybody can step away from the ledge now huh? I can't believe I'm about to say this, but so far Houston's FO has done EVERYTHING right this offseason. From the draft on down. We are already one of the biggest winners this offseason and it isn't over with yet.
Old 07-28-2011   #40
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think that is the case. Maybe not all is lost. I know I am feeling more optimistic now. C'mon SHOW ME THE PLAYERS RICK
I was hoping this was one of those reverse psychology threads. It appears to have worked, whether that was the original intent or not.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read