Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-28-2011   #1
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default When dust settles the Texans will have LOST ground not gained

Sorry but I have ZERO confidence in our braintrust during this crucial period. Hasn't a Houston Pro Sports team been used as BAIT before. Didn't they learn from this. Give a deadline and then proceed with your other choices before they are all gone. Don't play the FOOL. Then when you don't get Aso you start throwing money around trying to do something and make stupid deals if there is any time left to do anything. It just seems that Aso may wait until deadline and then make deal with the Jets then the Texans are holding the bag. Hell if I was Rex I would tell Aso to wait until the last minute just to screw the Texans. Again just my opinion.

Last edited by gafftop; 07-28-2011 at 06:18 PM. Reason: sp
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #2
Ckw

Default Re: When dust settles the Texans will have LOST ground not gained

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Sorry but I have ZERO confidence in our braintrust during this crucial period. Hasn't a Houston Pro Sports team been used as BAIT before. Didn't they learn from this. Give a deadline and then proceed with your other choices before they are all gone. Don't play the FOOL. Then when you don't get Aso you start throwing money around trying to do something and make stupid deals if there is any time left to do anything. It just seems that Aso may wait until deadline and then make deala deal with the Jets then the Texans are holding the bag. Hell if I was Rex I would tell Aso to wait until the last minute just to screw the Texans. Again just my opinion.
I have some of the same fears. I really believe though we are in a good position because of Cromartie. I think he really would like to come here and his decision basically hinges upon whether or not the Jets sign Aso. If they sign Aso, then I see us bringing in Cromartie. If we sign Aso, I see the Jets resigning Cromartie.
Old 07-28-2011   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I agree. They should tell Aso they are willing to offer Joseph the same deal. Then Aso has to decide if he wants to gamble with the Jets, or take the money he knows Joseph will take.

If the Jets aren't offering him $12m+. How's he going to feel if he isn't the highest paid CB when it's over & done.

I'd be fine with the texans paying Joseph $12+ million
Old 07-28-2011   #4
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37160 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sorry but I have ZERO confidence in our braintrust during this crucial period. Hasn't a Houston Pro Sports team been used as BAIT before. Didn't they learn from this. Give a deadline and then proceed with your other choices before they are all gone. Don't play the FOOL. Then when you don't get Aso you start throwing money around trying to do something and make stupid deals if there is any time left to do anything. It just seems that Aso may wait until deadline and then make deala deal with the Jets then the Texans are holding the bag. Hell if I was Rex I would tell Aso to wait until the last minute just to screw the Texans. Again just my opinion.
I have to agree with ya here.

The Bad News Bears return to Houston in 2012.

The Houston Cubbies.

You know how we love our losers. They gotta match the Lastros'
strategy.
Old 07-28-2011   #5
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

So you are saying we shouldn't try and just give up?

Joseph and Cro I feel aren't signing. They see the money the Texans are throwing around for DBs and if Aso passes on Houston i'm sure these guys would love to deal with them. Especially Cromartie since he's confirmed he's going to follow the money anyways.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #6
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

At least Cromartie is honest about going to the highest bidder. It really seems that Aso is playing games with multiple teams. I agree give Aso a deadline and make the offer to Joseph at the same time. Quit playing his game.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post

Joseph and Cro I feel aren't signing. They see the money the Texans are throwing around for DBs and if Aso passes on Houston i'm sure these guys would love to deal with them. Especially Cromartie since he's confirmed he's going to follow the money anyways.
I think we've done enough trying. The money is out there, he's waiting for the Jets to pony up. If they don't he's going to sign with them for less money.

I'm thinking he believes he is going to set the market.

We need to let him know, we are going to set the market. We'll offer Joseph 12-14 million, making him the highest paid corner in the league.

Then we'll know if it's about the money, or if he has no interest in playing for the Texans at all.
Old 07-28-2011   #8
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Not give up but control the situation otherwise you risk getting NOTHING. What if the other CBs begin signing and we just continue to wait. Aso decides and everybody we wanted has already committed. C'mon what player used us was it in baseball?
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #9
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

god it must suck to be that negative in one of the most exciting periods of the yr...

when we finally get to the playoffs, y'all will prob be grumping 'ah we're just gonna get embarassed, would be better off at home'
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #10
Ckw

No WAY Joseph deserves to be the highest paid corner in the league. Due to his frequent injuries, he probably isn't even a top 10 corner.

Sure, make him an offer for $9-10M a year but $14M for a corner that is maybe top 15 is RIDICULOUS.
Old 07-28-2011   #11
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Ok...now I'm saying this shit...

**** this fan base. And if you agree with the OP...you suck, as well.
Old 07-28-2011   #12
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think we've done enough trying. The money is out there, he's waiting for the Jets to pony up. If they don't he's going to sign with them for less money.

We need to let him know, we are going to set the market. We'll offer Joseph 12-14 million, making him the highest paid corner in the league.

Then we'll know if it's about the money, or if he has no interest in playing for the Texans at all.
If the Texans do that, I'm going to fart in your general direction.
Why on earth would we cut off our nose to spite our face? We don't get the guy we wanted so we're going to pay an obviously inferior payer more money?
PLEASE tell me you forgot to use the smilie.
Old 07-28-2011   #13
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I disagree. Plus that would be overpaying for Joseph, some people say that 14 mil is overpaying Nnamdi!

I think if he was so willing to take less money for the Jets then trying to bleed them dry of every penny is unlikely. Afterall he's already committed to taking less in this scenario, if the Jets can't go past their 12 mil then they simply cant and he'd agree to sign already. It's not like he has to actually sign anything, it'll just be an agreement. I think if that scenario is true then he'd agree already.

IMO the guy is just weighing his options and isn't quite sure. Maybe he's leaning to one team but he won't make a decision until he's 100% sure if he were smart...and he is.
Old 07-28-2011   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
god it must suck to be that negative in one of the most exciting periods of the yr...

when we finally get to the playoffs, y'all will prob be grumping 'ah we're just gonna get embarassed, would be better off at home'
It's not being negative, it's being real. The same ol song & dance. Are they trying not to piss Nnamdi off or something, playing good guys.

Screw that. We need to stop being soft.

"Nnamdi, we are prepared to make you the highest paid corner in the league. But we aren't prepared to play your *****. We will make someone the highest paid CB. You've got an hour to help us decide who it will be."
Old 07-28-2011   #15
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Not give up but control the situation otherwise you risk getting NOTHING. What if the other CBs begin signing and we just continue to wait. Aso decides and everybody we wanted has already committed. C'mon what player used us was it in baseball?
I don't think there is a risk and if there is? Ah well, these are the risk you take when going after a great player. I'd rather the team take the risk and follow it through.
Old 07-28-2011   #16
dinkatoid
Veteran

Rep Power: 629 dinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually do not mind the waiting. I have a feeling that the majority of the big-ish name corners will not sign until Aso does. He will set the market, and then everyone else will follow. If we miss out on him, I think we will still get a chance to talk to others.

I know we are allowed to sign starting tomorrow, but these guys can not even join us for a week, so there really is no rush to get this signing done today.

I also feel that no team is dumb enough to just talk to 1 guy. I am sure we have been on the phone with the agents for at least Joseph and probably others, saying things like don't sign anything till you talk to us, we may be able to beat your best offer.
dinkatoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw View Post
No WAY Joseph deserves to be the highest paid corner in the league. Due to his frequent injuries, he probably isn't even a top 10 corner.

Sure, make him an offer for $9-10M a year but $14M for a corner that is maybe top 15 is RIDICULOUS.
Ok, it's called negotiating. Just because you say you'll make Joseph the highest paid corner doesn't mean that you will.

Doesn't matter if anyone thinks Joseph is worthy.

All that matters is that Joseph is the #2 guy on the market & Aso & his agent thinks we are desperate enough to do it.

The only way he turns us down then, is if he thinks another team will offer him more money, which he shouldn't believe, or that Joseph won't come for the money, which is a a stupid bet to take.
Old 07-28-2011   #18
Ckw

Quote:
Ok, it's called negotiating. Just because you say you'll make Joseph the highest paid corner doesn't mean that you will.

Doesn't matter if anyone thinks Joseph is worthy.

All that matters is that Joseph is the #2 guy on the market & Aso & his agent thinks we are desperate enough to do it.

The only way he turns us down then, is if he thinks another team will offer him more money, which he shouldn't believe, or that Joseph won't come for the money, which is a a stupid bet to take.
I see what you are saying now. So you are saying to make it sound like we are willing to offer Joseph that to put pressure on Nnamdi. Too many ways I think that could backfire though.
Old 07-28-2011   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:

IMO the guy is just weighing his options and isn't quite sure. Maybe he's leaning to one team but he won't make a decision until he's 100% sure if he were smart...and he is.
If he's half as smart as you think he is, he would have been thinking about this since January, just like we have.
Old 07-28-2011   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkatoid View Post
I actually do not mind the waiting. I have a feeling that the majority of the big-ish name corners will not sign until Aso does. He will set the market, and then everyone else will follow. If we miss out on him, I think we will still get a chance to talk to others.

I know we are allowed to sign starting tomorrow, but these guys can not even join us for a week, so there really is no rush to get this signing done today.

& this is the difference between good GMs & Rick Smith. Some people make shit happen some people wait for shit.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read