Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-28-2011   #1
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Babin returns to Philly after Pro-Bowl season in Tennessee

The Philadelphia Eagles have reached agreement with Pro Bowl defensive end Jason Babin on a five-year contract, according to a league source.
Babin had 11 sacks last season with the Tennessee Titans, where he played for defensive line coach Jim Washburn -- who's now with the Eagles.

Babin will team with Trent Cole to give the Eagles one of the league's best end combinations.

The 31-year-old Babin signed with the Titans last offseason as a free agent when the Eagles declined to match his offer sheet. He had a career season with the Titans, registering 12 sacks. He also was selected to his first Pro Bowl.

Babin, a first-round draft pick by the Houston Texans in 2004 out of Western Michigan, also has played for Seattle and Kansas City.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/68...ct-source-says
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Babin returns to Philly after Pro-Bowl season in Tennessee

I will be surprised if he can get more than 8 sacks this year. I think last year was just an abnormality for him.
Old 07-28-2011   #3
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Babin is a good player.

Don't think he'll have the same type of year as this past one but I think he'll be solid.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #4
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 11150 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I will be surprised if he can get more than 8 sacks this year. I think last year was just an abnormality for him.
To note, though, is Trent Cole is the #1 DE..He will be playing on the other side.

However, I don't know where/what he played last year..IE: if he was moved around.
Old 07-28-2011   #5
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Maybe he can capitalize off of what he did last season, but I agree. I don't think he'll match that ever again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Babin is a good player.

Don't think he'll have the same type of year as this past one but I think he'll be solid.
He's had one great season. Other than that, he's been merely average his entire career.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #6
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Babin had 11 sacks last season with the Tennessee Titans, where he played for defensive line coach Jim Washburn -- who's now with the Eagles.
I think he'll do really well in Philly. Mostly because he'll be with Washburn once again, but also the Eagles D-Line has more talent than the Titans D-Line did last year. Provided he's healthy all season I could see him getting around 10 sacks again.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Maybe he can capitalize off of what he did last season, but I agree. I don't think he'll match that ever again.

He's had one great season. Other than that, he's been merely average his entire career.
Maybe he will and maybe he will not but I don't want him in our division to find out. Good Luck Babin, get Tony Romo all day.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-28-2011   #8
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97142 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346 View Post
I think he'll do really well in Philly. Mostly because he'll be with Washburn once again, but also the Eagles D-Line has more talent than the Titans D-Line did last year. Provided he's healthy all season I could see him getting around 10 sacks again.
I agree. On his top 100 players of 2011 profile, Washburn or some other coach from the titans defense talked about how hesitant he was at 1st to just only focus on going after the qb b/c everywhere else he'd been, he had other responsibilities to worry about. If Washburn runs his d-line the same way, Babin should have the similar results b/c he's going to have better players around him.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read