Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-27-2011   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 166542 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Where are the Cuts?

Evidently, we had such a great team last year, that we can't seem to part with any of them to clear room for the cap for some better players. I guess you can't improve on perfection.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where are the Cuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Evidently, we had such a great team last year, that we can't seem to part with any of them to clear room for the cap for some better players. I guess you can't improve on perfection.
thinking the same thing.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 275769 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

The roster allowed is expanded this off-season. They will only cut folks as they sign folks if cap room is needed.
Old 07-27-2011   #4
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75474 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

McNair/Kubiak/Smith.

the triumvirate of loyalty to "good mannered boys".
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #5
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Pollard and Wilson are gone...still need 90 for camp, so if they don't need the cap space, no sense in cutting anyone.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #6
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would expect us to drop around 12051 of our 39201 corners within the next couple of days.

Oh, and Nolan too.
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #7
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by XI CMURDER IX View Post
I would expect us to drop around 12051 of our 39201 corners within the next couple of days.

Oh, and Nolan too.
I'll bet ya a dollar no TE's or former TE's will be cut....
Old 07-27-2011   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Obviously the only element needed to go from perpetual mediocrity to Super Bowl contender is a good defensive coordinator.
Old 07-27-2011   #9
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75474 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Obviously the only element needed to go from perpetual mediocrity to Super Bowl contender is a good defensive coordinator.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
lol! yep, good illustration of my attitude, too.
Old 07-27-2011   #11
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am going to wait til Friday before I start freaking out about who we did or didnt cut. That's also when I will freak out or be happy about who we did/didn't sign in FA
Old 07-27-2011   #12
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Still holding onto hope that some idiots is willing to deal a 4th rounder for Steve Slaton?

Is Josh McDaniels working anywhere still? Would he still take David Anderson for a handful of fireworks?

I know how Bob hates to see his boys go without already having a job lined up for them.....
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #13
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

There is no need to cut anyone until a free agent agrees to terms on a contract. If a free agent signs then the Texans know who they need to cut and restructure to get under the cap.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #14
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
There is no need to cut anyone until a free agent agrees to terms on a contract. If a free agent signs then the Texans know who they need to cut and restructure to get under the cap.
On the other hand.....

Accountability is nice. You suck? You're cut. No, we don't even want to see you in practice this year. Get your shit, get out Okoye, Slaton, Anderson, Studdard, Jacoby Jones (yeah I know), Brice McCain....geez....

I mean they didn't even wait on Pollard or Wilson. What did Antonio Smith do that was infinitely better? Dance for all 4 meaningless sacks? Yeah, and while I'm on the ninja dance thing NINJAS are supposed to be silent, deadly killing machines aka the exact opposite of A-Smith. So maybe it's sarcasm gone way over my head but Smith can either shut the eff up or not be so ridiculous the next time he doesn't get more sacks than encroachment calls.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #15
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
On the other hand.....

Accountability is nice. You suck? You're cut. No, we don't even want to see you in practice this year. Get your shit, get out Okoye, Slaton, Anderson, Studdard, Jacoby Jones (yeah I know), Brice McCain....geez....

I mean they didn't even wait on Pollard or Wilson. What did Antonio Smith do that was infinitely better? Dance for all 4 meaningless sacks? Yeah, and while I'm on the ninja dance thing NINJAS are supposed to be silent, deadly killing machines aka the exact opposite of A-Smith. So maybe it's sarcasm gone way over my head but Smith can either shut the eff up or not be so ridiculous the next time he doesn't get more sacks than encroachment calls.
They had nothing to wait on. They were both free agents that they chose not to re-sign
Old 07-27-2011   #16
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
On the other hand.....

Studdard's already a free agent. Now, that doesn't mean Kubiak won't try and get him to come back.
Old 07-27-2011   #17
sandman
Veteran

Rep Power: 36157 sandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
Studdard's already a free agent. Now, that doesn't mean Kubiak won't try and get him to come back.
Kasey said he was from the state of Colorado. Kubes heard the words "Colorado" and "state" and it sealed the deal for him.
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #18
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

"We are sticking with our guys because they are fighting so damn hard! (Runs hand through hair) I've never seen a group of good young kids with so much ability have so much pride after giving up 750 yards in the air while letting the opposing team build a 4 touchdown lead within the first 20 minutes of regulation. (Licks finger before fumbling through a Denny's Menu). We're going to keep battling with these guys!!!"

-Coach Kubiak at a press conference held in front of the Tight End lockers at Colorado State
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #19
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
The roster allowed is expanded this off-season. They will only cut folks as they sign folks if cap room is needed.
That and some of the players potentially on the chopping block may have some trade value.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #20
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 166542 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
I am going to wait til Friday before I start freaking out about who we did or didnt cut. That's also when I will freak out or be happy about who we did/didn't sign in FA
Feel free to practice freaking out for the big event...........without pads, of course!
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read