Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-27-2011   #1
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Schaub willing to restructure

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-r.../post/15360139

Schuab would be willing to restructure his contract to be able to sign more free agents. Looks like he is pulling a Sanchez! I am okay with that, it just shows his commitment to the team.
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #2
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub willing to restructure

Quote:
Originally Posted by XI CMURDER IX View Post
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-r.../post/15360139

Schuab would be willing to restructure his contract to be able to sign more free agents. Looks like he is pulling a Sanchez! I am okay with that, it just shows his commitment to the team.
Leader!
Old 07-27-2011   #3
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems like a day late, and possibly a few million bucks short.
Old 07-27-2011   #4
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
That is what I was thinking when I first saw it. Regardless, it could open up enough room to sign a corner or resign Vonta.
Old 07-27-2011   #5
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

I know AJ just signed a new deal last year, but considering the Texans went out of their way to take care of him when they didn't have to do anything, maybe AJ will step up and agree to restructure his deal to allow some room under this year's cap.
I really don't know a thing about capology, so it might not even be possible, but AJ has been pushing for getting Aso in Houston. You never know, right?
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #6
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I know AJ just signed a new deal last year, but considering the Texans went out of their way to take care of him when they didn't have to do anything, maybe AJ will step up and agree to restructure his deal to allow some room under this year's cap.
I really don't know a thing about capology, so it might not even be possible, but AJ has been pushing for getting Aso in Houston. You never know, right?
It isn't unthinkable for AJ to say, "Hey Aso, if you come here I will give you $_______ million out of my paycheck!"
Old 07-27-2011   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It isn't unthinkable for AJ to say, "Hey Aso, if you come here I will give you $_______ million out of my paycheck!"
Why the flying squirrel would AJ give up money to have Aso make more money than him?
Old 07-27-2011   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks Matt. Even if it doesn't help.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #9
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Why the flying squirrel would AJ give up money to have Aso make more money than him?
So that his entire career is not wasted by the Texans....

I doubt he would do this and agree with you, but I'm just saying....not totally unreasonable as I bet he wants to win at this point more than make $$.

He knows he owns Houston and is going to the HOF. Now he needs wins.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #10
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Quote:
Old 07-27-2011   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
So that his entire career is not wasted by the Texans....

I doubt he would do this and agree with you, but I'm just saying....not totally unreasonable as I bet he wants to win at this point more than make $$.

He knows he owns Houston and is going to the HOF. Now he needs wins.
Maybe. But there is a base instinct as well. He has been named best WR in the NFL for a couple years now. I just don't see him going from $9 mil to $8 mil so that Aso can go from $12 mil to $13 mil. Restructure sure. But not less actual money.
Old 07-27-2011   #12
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope it works! We've got to offer a substantial more than the Jets for him to come here. Make. it. happen.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that's against league rules.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #13
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe. But there is a base instinct as well. He has been named best WR in the NFL for a couple years now. I just don't see him going from $9 mil to $8 mil so that Aso can go from $12 mil to $13 mil. Restructure sure. But not less actual money.
Agreed. Besides, how many times can we rely on AJ's largess? That song and dance will get old. He's doing everything he can possibly do to help the Texans. Sooner or later, the Texans need to reply in kind.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #14
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

First, when players restructure for salary cap benefit, they don't give up money - they defer it, and they make their contract more salary friendly (at least on a short-term basis), but they don't cost themselves any money in the long term. I'm not saying it's never happened, but if it has it's very, very rare.

Secondly, the contract that makes the most sense to restructure for salary cap purposes is Mario's. His base salary is almost $14 Million, and he's entering the final year of his contract. I don't know this for a fact, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Texans liked the idea of extending him anyway, it could free up money for 2011, and it would avoid the possibility of having to franchise him after the the upcoming season.

This obviously requires the willingness of both parties, but it's got the most potential to benefit the team's salary cap situation right away.
Old 07-27-2011   #15
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Thanks Matt. Even if it doesn't help.
Why doesn't it help? What am I missing?
Old 07-27-2011   #16
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I hope it works! We've got to offer a substantial more than the Jets for him to come here. Make. it. happen.

I'm pretty sure that's against league rules.
It isn't if no one knows about it
Old 07-27-2011   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This.
Old 07-27-2011   #18
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Agreed. Besides, how many times can we rely on AJ's largess? That song and dance will get old. He's doing everything he can possibly do to help the Texans. Sooner or later, the Texans need to reply in kind.
Are you serious? Just last year the Texans tore up AJ's contract with something like 5 years on it, and gave him more money, just to take care of a player who was being under paid. There was absolutely nothing forcing the team to do that other than wanting to take care of Andre Johnson.
That more than qualifies as "largess" by the Texans.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #19
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
Leader!
Regardless of all the rest, I have to agree with that.

HJam72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #20
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Why doesn't it help? What am I missing?
Because Aso is working a deal with New York. The boat appears to have sailed yesterday, when the Jets flooded the media about their interest in Aso. Now it seems that they are only a Sanchez restructured contract away from signing him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read