Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-26-2011   #1
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default John McClain: Texans have just agreed to new contract with their OT Rashad Butler

McClain_on_NFL John McClain
Texans have just agreed to new contract with their OT Rashad Butler.

Hmm, all that talk about leaving for nothing.

RavensInsider Aaron Wilson
by LanceZierlein
OT Rashad Butler re-signs with Houston Texans for two years, $3.8 million, $1.25 million bonus, per a league source.

Last edited by Allstar; 07-26-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: John McClain: Texans have just agreed to new contract with their OT Rashad Butler

I like
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #3
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84321 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: John McClain: Texans have just agreed to new contract with their OT Rashad Butler

@RickSmith Can you work on Aso now? #stopbeingatool

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #4
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

That is AWESOME. I'm glad we could keep him. Maybe he'll take Winston's spot and Winston can go the way of Johnny Miller and Dave Feherty.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #5
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

This is odd.

Only explanation I can think of is that the market wasn't as hot for him as he thought it'd be. I can't fathom why, though. And why sign so quickly?

Weird.
Old 07-26-2011   #6
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess all that talk about Butler getting starter's money somewhere else was just that. Talk.

I'm ok with Butler coming back. But, I'm hoping Newton is a player and is ready by 2012.
Old 07-26-2011   #7
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
This is odd.

Only explanation I can think of is that the market wasn't as hot for him as he thought it'd be. I can't fathom why, though. And why sign so quickly?

Weird.
Maybe he's a better fit for the ZBS than he is another. IDK, but I'm happy we kept him.
Sponsored links
Old 07-26-2011   #8
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 94228 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Obviously, all of us are waiting, fingers crossed, for a FA signing with a bigger splash, but I like this on the whole. Solid backup, capable of starting for a stretch of games if needed.
I was expecting him to be gone for sure.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I am surprsied as I thought he was gone. This is a good move if not too expensive. He handled Duane's spot better than I ever imagined he would.
Old 07-26-2011   #10
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Good to have Butler back. We learned during the David Carr years what it means to have good depth at the tackle positions. This is a good re-sign by the Texans.
Old 07-26-2011   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans got him off the scrap heap because he was sick and couldn't keep weight on . The Texans doctors medicated him and the rest is history as they say . Maybe Butler was thankful for the chance the Texans gave him ... nah .
Old 07-26-2011   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Guess he didn't want to go to that train wreck known as Washington
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #13
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Guess he didn't want to go to that train wreck known as Washington
or the skins told him, "we never wanted you, brah."
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #14
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a MUCH more significant signing than some folks realize. Quality depth can be the difference in the season. Great signing as long as the bank isn't huge.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #15
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
or the skins told him, "we never wanted you, brah."
Maybe Butler said no to the train wreck. Who wants to be in a train wreck?
Old 07-26-2011   #16
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
He stated numerous times that he wanted to sign with the 'Skins.
Old 07-26-2011   #17
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
he kept talking about the redskins as if it was a done deal already. they must of said no thanks. that must of got an "ooops" out of butler and his agent. "rick, buddy, i love it here in houston. i want to re-sign"
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #18
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
he kept talking about the redskins as if it was a done deal already. they must of said no thanks. that must of got an "ooops" out of butler and his agent. "rick, buddy, i love it here in houston. i want to re-sign"
Sounds exactly like that. "I don't read, I don't write, I play foosball" player talking trash and his agent popping hemmorhoids over it. Have a little crow, Mr. Butler. It really sux when you over value your own worth to an organization. Don't ask me how I know this.
Old 07-26-2011   #19
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Odd move by Butler just two days ago on twitter he specifically said to someone "I just want to start."

Some have been speculating about a certain right tackle being a possible cap casualty. Not trying to throw fuel on the rumor fire but it is what it is and resigning Butler is just odd given that you'd think he'd get starter's money.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #20
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
This is a MUCH more significant signing than some folks realize. Quality depth can be the difference in the season. Great signing as long as the bank isn't huge.
Especially depth at a position as vital as OT.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read