Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-26-2011   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153344 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Was it worth it to you to get 10 yr CBA?

We probably had much more activity on Texans in the MB this offseason. Not only CBA issues but free agents Texans could be interested in, players who could, would or should be let go. Possible trades for a brief time before lock out, debates over the exact NFL cap amount and where Texans stood, etc. Usually, not much to get interested in between SB and OTAs then Training Camp other than combine and NFL draft..

My question is prior to first week of negotiations between players & owners, if you knew we would end up where we are today, would you prefer to go through all the uproar and activity on TexansTalk or "hell no". Would you have just tuned out and then tuned back in when vote was done on CBA?
Old 07-26-2011   #2
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64231 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Was it worth it to you to get 10 yr CBA?

I really like the fact that free agency, trades, etc are packed into a rapid-fire period and that preseason is only two weeks away.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #3
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 128458 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

You know, I really do not like the business side of football.

I'm very glad this did not mess with the timetables of the preseason and more importantly the regular season.

I want to see some sweat!

Time for Football!
Old 07-26-2011   #4
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to say the last time I saw posting stats talked about we were actually down from previous years. That's my memory and not my department if I am miss speaking.

Honestly, I though there was a lot of talking about tha same things in a normal off-season there is a good bit of that, but multiple Aso and Kareem Jackson threads, etc really did not advance the site that much.

In terms, of big picture football, having one compressed off-season to not have to worry about CBA issues for ten years is a bargain. I will enjoy this madhouse over the next couple of weeks, but not an every year thng.
Old 07-26-2011   #5
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

I glad to see the players didn't cave to the greedy-ass owners, and
negotiated a CBA that will take care of its retired and injured players.

The days of tossin' players to the side like gobbage, after making
millions off their backs, seem to be over.
Old 07-26-2011   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153344 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I want to say the last time I saw posting stats talked about we were actually down from previous years. That's my memory and not my department if I am miss speaking.

Honestly, I though there was a lot of talking about tha same things in a normal off-season there is a good bit of that, but multiple Aso and Kareem Jackson threads, etc really did not advance the site that much.

In terms, of big picture football, having one compressed off-season to not have to worry about CBA issues for ten years is a bargain. I will enjoy this madhouse over the next couple of weeks, but not an every year thng.
Well that surprises me.
Old 07-26-2011   #7
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
You know, I really do not like the business side of football.

I'm very glad this did not mess with the timetables of the preseason and more importantly the regular season.

I want to see some sweat!

Time for Football!
Same here. Same for all sports I get into. You can't help but look into this or that in terms of the business end, but my thing is always about the game itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post

Amen, Arlington.

To answer the main question of the thread, it didn't really effect my sports routine except to say the nearer it got to getting into the season the more it weighed on my mind.

I'm just glad it's over.
Old 07-26-2011   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes. I'm willing to admit that I bitched a lot during the lockout. But now that it's over and we'll have 10 guaranteed years of football, I love it. Plus, I reckon TV stations dig a full ten years too
Old 07-26-2011   #9
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 102277 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I really like the fact that free agency, trades, etc are packed into a rapid-fire period and that preseason is only two weeks away.

EllisUnit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #10
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 207192 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

It's all part of Master Plan. They figure that in another decade, there will be a brand new group of young fans who will not have had to go through the agony of dealing with this insanity, and a whole generation of older fans that can no longer remember that far back.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #11
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 92530 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
It's all part of Master Plan. They figure that in another decade, there will be a brand new group of young fans who will not have had to go through the agony of dealing with this insanity, and a whole generation of older fans that can no longer remember that far back.
Um... refrain from using the word master please. It might instigate a riot.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #12
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Um... refrain from using the word master please. It might instigate a riot.

Mike
Maybe 'Drunken Master' would be more accurate?
Old 07-26-2011   #13
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 25097 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
It's all part of Master Plan. They figure that in another decade, there will be a brand new group of young fans who will not have had to go through the agony of dealing with this insanity, and a whole generation of older fans that can no longer remember that far back.:spin:
I resemble that remark.
Old 07-27-2011   #14
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 94543 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm good with it. I'm even enjoying the FA frenzy that started yesterday
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #15
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm good with it. Now. It's over now and we will have 10 years without this again. Glad we got it over and done.

Now, on to the show!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

I was thinking the NFL is trying to drive me away like baseball did.
Old 07-27-2011   #17
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94543 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I was thinking the NFL is trying to drive me away like baseball did.
If this had cost games, I'm with ya. I always thought the deal would get done, though.
Old 07-27-2011   #18
badboy
Site Contributor

If things don't improve for TEXANS this season I will not be around for the other 9.
Old 07-27-2011   #19
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
If things don't improve for TEXANS this season I will not be around for the other 9.
I don't like your attitude!!! LOL

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read