Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-25-2011   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans records made to be broken

Quote:
Once a year we take a look at various statistical records and milestones within reach of Texans players during the upcoming season.

Yes, I'm really starting to talk about football, even before the players vote on the future CBA terms tomorrow. No, I'm not tempting fate and yes, they're fools if they don't approve the agreement, so we're going forward on the assumption that football is back.

For those who are already starting to type a snarky comment along the lines of 'the only record I care about is the win-loss record,' we hear you. We get it. But that's not what this is about so play along for a change.

So what are a few examples of records and milestones within reach of Texans players this season? Let's take a look:

Matt Schaub - Schaub already holds the franchise record with 77 TD passes and 14,424 yards passing, so every TD pass and passing yard he accumulates pads his franchise record. Schaub also had 1,033 yards and 6 TDs with the Falcons. Schaub needs 17 TD passes to hit 100 for his career which would put him among the likes of Doug Williams and Jim McMahon in career passing TDs. In terms of active players, Tony Romo has 118 career TD passes, Jay Cutler 104, and Chad Pennington 102. With 3,000 yards passing this season, Schaub will come very close to cracking the NFL top 100 all-time in passing yards. Dan Pastorini is currently #101 on the all time list with 18,515 career passing yards.
Andre Johnson - The only Texans player with a chance at the Hall of Fame - and that's only if he remains healthy and productive for three more years and the Texans add a playoff berth or two - needs 836 receiving yards to reach 10,000 for his career. Only 34 NFL players have achieved that mark. Johnson is Houston's best NFL player since Earl Campbell.
Arian Foster - Needs 1,323 rushing yards to become the Texans franchise leader. Domanick (Davis) Williams currently holds the Texans career mark with 3,195 rushing yards. Foster needs only 5 rushing TDs to capture the Texans career mark from Williams.
Jacoby Jones - Already holds franchise records with 130 career punt returns and 2 for TD.
Mario Williams - Already holds the franchise record with 48 career quarterback sacks. After that, it's a pretty sick list with Kailee Wong (15), Jason Babin (13) and Jamie Sharper (11.5) holding down spots two through four. Amobi Okoye is fifth all time for the Texans with 11 career sacks. Hopefully Wade Phillips' 3-4 defense will help guys like DeMeco Ryans and Antonio Smith (8.5), Brian Cushing (5.5), and Connor Barwin (4.5) up the list.

http://www.examiner.com/houston-texa...e-to-be-broken
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011   #2
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans records made to be broken

Thanks for posting Wolf.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011   #3
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

There are two I care about

1) post season appearances-0

2) season win toital 9
Old 07-25-2011   #4
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

one record that I dont want to see broken.....5

5 games last year I got my heart ripped out and thrown to the floor. I never thought I would see the Texans loose in that many ways...in one season. we had a couple of comebacks against us, a sudden death OT loss, a loss to azzboys in Dbag town....and we had the "for the love of God how can you knock it down into another players hands: hail mary" that ive seen everytime i walk into a target electronics dept.

So please Texans, for the sake of my heart...dont break that record.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

You spin me right round baby, like a record player right round.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read