Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-25-2011   #81
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Free agent activity about to get hot and heavy for Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Phillips has said he is pleased with the guys on roster for NT so why spend money on another?
Because we didn't know Kelly was going to be cut. He won't demand a huge contract and can hold the spot down for the next couple years while we find our space eater.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011   #82
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Just read the Ravens cut McGahee, Heap, Mason and another player. Some speculating it is to open room for run at Aso.
Somebody tie up Kubiak and gag him. A really good TE is on the market.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011   #83
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42267 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Somebody tie up Kubiak and gag him. A really good TE is on the market.
That would be Rick Smith you need to horse collar.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011   #84
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42267 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Because we didn't know Kelly was going to be cut. He won't demand a huge contract and can hold the spot down for the next couple years while we find our space eater.
Every dollar you spend on someone else is one dollar further from signing Aso.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011   #85
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Every dollar you spend on someone else is one dollar further from signing Aso.
But does Kelly solve that need at DT that we also haven't fixed yet?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011   #86
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

If this was answered already I apologize.

I know we can talk to FA's tomorrow but its not official until Friday or Saturday, but can teams announce they have signed someone?

Kust hoping that tomoorrow at Noon Pacific Time I'm doing cartwheels because Rick gotter dun!!!!

Man I miss that guy the Chron had back when we were "trying" to sign Michael Turner. I was checking his blog every 3 minutes for 24 hours. Was so sad that he passed away.
Old 07-25-2011   #87
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2511 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
If this was answered already I apologize.

I know we can talk to FA's tomorrow but its not official until Friday or Saturday, but can teams announce they have signed someone?

Kust hoping that tomoorrow at Noon Pacific Time I'm doing cartwheels because Rick gotter dun!!!!

Man I miss that guy the Chron had back when we were "trying" to sign Michael Turner. I was checking his blog every 3 minutes for 24 hours. Was so sad that he passed away.
A deal can be reached but not signed until Friday according to Schefter.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-26-2011   #88
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't mind seeing Kelly Gregg filling the NT spot for us, especially if Baltimore screws us out of the Aso sweepstakes.
Speculation that Rex Ryan might want him in NY. Says Gregg was a Rex Ryan favorite when Rex was with the Ravens.
Old 07-26-2011   #89
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Speculation that Rex Ryan might want him in NY. Says Gregg was a Rex Ryan favorite when Rex was with the Ravens.
Sounds logical, but Didn't the Jets just spend their first 2 draft picks on DTs?
Old 07-26-2011   #90
Allstar
Bona fide

So who thinks Nnamdi has a new team by 10 am?
Old 07-26-2011   #91
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So who thinks Nnamdi has a new team by 10 am?
I'm guessing him and his agent are taking calls right now (hope the Texans are one of them) and probably by Wednesday he has an agreement with someone.
Old 07-26-2011   #92
Allstar
Bona fide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
I'm guessing him and his agent are taking calls right now (hope the Texans are one of them) and probably by Wednesday he has an agreement with someone.
Isn't it normal for the top FA to have a deal day 1? I remember Hayneworth signed basically at midnight of FA period.
Old 07-26-2011   #93
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section516 View Post
A. Frankin, Weddle and Joseph please..

My thoughts exactly. I think they're better served getting franklin for 7m, joseph or marshall for 7m, and weddle for 5 vs nmandi for 20m
Old 07-26-2011   #94
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25491 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section516 View Post
A. Frankin, Weddle and Joseph please..
I like how you think. Unfortunately it's most likely a fantasy but it sure is a nice one.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #95
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52230 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Frankly, I like our chances of making ONE big splash than hitting on three separate nice pieces, even if breaking it up and spending it on three guys might help us more.

You have to make sure a helluva lot of things go right to get three pieces like that.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #96
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Hey everybody!

I just got this tweet from Bob McNair himself!

Here's your beer, everyone:

LMAO! Man, this is the one time I wish I could give myself some rep. I mean, I already self-fulfill other areas of my life....so why not? Wonder if anybody will read past the Pissweiser pic. God I hope not. Now that I think about it, this post is in "bad taste." LOL! ROFLMAO! More rep! :crazed:
Are you drinking alone again?
Old 07-26-2011   #97
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm really thinking the Joseph re-signs with the Bengals which would take him off the market. I would have loved to get quality signing likes him + weddle, but it's easier to do in Madden... harder to do in real life: convince 2 stud pro bowl players to come play for you.

I still think we have a decent shot at Asomugha and I don't think he's going to command $20MM a year, it should be less (I'm thinking $15-17MM range. I'll bet the percentage of his contract that is guaranteed though will be one of the highest in the league.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #98
Allstar
Bona fide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I'm really thinking the Joseph re-signs with the Bengals which would take him off the market. I would have loved to get quality signing likes him + weddle, but it's easier to do in Madden... harder to do in real life: convince 2 stud pro bowl players to come play for you.

I still think we have a decent shot at Asomugha and I don't think he's going to command $20MM a year, it should be less (I'm thinking $15-17MM range. I'll bet the percentage of his contract that is guaranteed though will be one of the highest in the league.
I think anybody that has a chance to get out of Cincy while they can, they will. The only way Cincy re-signs him is if they overpay, JMO.
Old 07-26-2011   #99
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Just read the Ravens cut McGahee, Heap, Mason and another player. Some speculating it is to open room for run at Aso.
I saw this last night and I was thinking that Mason could be a good replacement for JJ. I seem to recall that he has pretty good hands.

Any thoughts on that?
Old 07-26-2011   #100
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
I saw this last night and I was thinking that Mason could be a good replacement for JJ. I seem to recall that he has pretty good hands.

Any thoughts on that?
He's 37 years old. Last year was his worst year since 1999.

I don't see him as a replacement for anyone.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read