Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-25-2011   #21
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Free agent activity about to get hot and heavy for Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
According to Shefter, Teams can begin sigining free agents tomorrow at noon.
Our own, other teams FAs, or both ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011   #22
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Our own, other teams FAs, or both ?
We can start signing our own FA, UDFA, and draft picks at noon today. We can start talking to UFA and teams about trades at noon today. We can start signing UFA at noon tomorrow. Trades can be officially declared on Saturday.

These times are EST I assume.
Old 07-25-2011   #23
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

I am optimistic about Aso.

Clayton thinks the Texans and the Bucs are the leading suitors. I just think other teams like the Jets...Eagles...Ravens, CB isn't that big a need. I hope the Texans just make a offer no other team really cares to match and one Nnamdi can't refuse.

I just gots a good feeling about this offseason. Ravens aren't going to blow a ton of cap and money on a position they don't even need, neither are the Jets. If they sign CBs they will be value guys, not a big splash like Nnamdi. Eagles are the only team that really scares me.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Too many people here want Aso.

Too many people "in the know" say we are in the running.

Chances are we aren't going to get him.

Think..... Jason Allen as your veteran Corner.
Old 07-25-2011   #25
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post

Clayton thinks the Texans and the Bucs are the leading suitors.
Peter King has emphatically stated that the Bucs will not sign him, FWIW.

I think it'll be between us, the Cowboys, and the Raiders.
Old 07-25-2011   #26
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaV1 View Post
Been saying it since before last season even ended: Weddle is a must for the Texans.
I would love to see Weddle and Wilson in a Texans uniform.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011   #27
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
I would love to see Weddle and Wilson in a Texans uniform.
Eugene?
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-25-2011   #28
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
We can start signing our own FA, UDFA, and draft picks at noon today. We can start talking to UFA and teams about trades at noon today. We can start signing UFA at noon tomorrow. Trades can be officially declared on Saturday.

These times are EST I assume.
I don't think anything's set in stone right now. The players are just now on their conference call discussing new details of the CBA. They can't do anything until the players vote, and pass the CBA.

I also read that their are GM's that don't even know the exact timeline (probably Rick).

After all the BS these asshats have put us through...I'll wait for the results from the vote before poppin the cork
Old 07-25-2011   #29
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I don't think anything's set in stone right now. The players are just now on their conference call discussing new details of the CBA. They can't do anything until the players vote, and pass the CBA.

I also read that their are GM's that don't even know the exact timeline (probably Rick).

After all the BS these asshats have put us through...I'll wait for the results from the vote before poppin the cork
I wouldn't bet on the players rejecting this proposal.
Old 07-25-2011   #30
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wouldn't bet on the players rejecting this proposal.
I agree, but they still have to approve it before any type of event timeline can begin.
Old 07-25-2011   #31
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Eugene?
Josh Wilson. Ravens CB who is from Houston.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011   #32
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Should be interesting. If they are going to make a splash this is the year to do it. I think the Aso sweepsteaks is going to an outsider....good team/less money than expected because of team. I know many here say the almighty dollar always speak but coming from the Raiders he has to have it in his head to go elite or close to elite.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 07-25-2011 at 12:26 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011   #33
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see Htown make a big splash. Even if it doesn't work out, it makes the team fun and interesting. Its hard to get up for a team when they fill their holes with minor players.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011   #34
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd love to have him lining up at CB for us but I will believe it when he signs.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011   #35
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Should be interesting. If they are going to make a splach this is the year to do it. I think the Aso sweepsteaks is going to an outsider....good team/less money than expected because of team. I know many here say the almighty dollar always speak but coming from the Raiders he has to have it in his head to go elite or close to elite.
How do you like the 'Boys chances?
Old 07-25-2011   #36
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Now, this is the proposed timeline:

Old 07-25-2011   #37
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How do you like the 'Boys chances?
0% for Aso. I'm not sure if Jerry is trying to learn a lesson or what but the last 5 years they have been more prone to sign vets that fit than big names. The only "big name" they really signed (not including trade for Roy W.) was PacMan and that was more of an experiment at a discount rate so they could cut him. They are in cap trouble and need to sign OL Doug Free first and formost. After that I'm not sure what they will have unless they cut Barber and a bunch of vets. All reports are they won't attempt it. My only hope that makes it 1% is that they didn't draft CB and Jerry is too quiet about it. But he may just think Jenkins and Scandrick rebound and Newman stays as a vet. I see them chasing Safeties...Huff.
Old 07-25-2011   #38
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
0% for Aso. I'm not sure if Jerry is trying to learn a lesson or what but the lasrt 5 years they have been more prone to sign vets that fit than big games. The only "big name" they really signed (not including trade for Roy W.) was PacMan and that was more of an experiment at a discount rate so they could cut him. They are in cap trouble and need to sign OL Doug Free first and formost. After that I'm not sure what they will have unless they cut Barber and a bunch of vets. All reports are they won't attempt it. My only hope that makes it 1% is that they didn't draft CB and Jerry is too quiet about it. But he may just think Jenkins and Scandrick rebound and Newman stays as a vet. I see them chasing Safeties...Huff.
That's what they were saying on NFLN last night.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011   #39
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Peter King has emphatically stated that the Bucs will not sign him, FWIW.

I think it'll be between us, the Cowboys, and the Raiders.
I think the Eagles would be a top contender too.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011   #40
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 18555 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Now, this is the proposed timeline:

why do the jets and texicans start 2 days after everyone else?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read