Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-26-2011   #301
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Free Agent Activity involving Texans 2011

reports saying that jacksonville has agreed upon a deal for Paul Posluszny from the bills

and they are trying to land either eric weddle or dawn landry.
WTF y the jaguars (of all teams) being so active i want either weddle or landry if jacksonville can sign them y can't we
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #302
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 94228 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
LaConfora at nfl.com.

Either the Texans have their man and keeping really damn quiet about it or no one told them the lockout ended.
I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but the optimist in me is wondering if the Texans haven't agreed to terms with Aso, but they are foliowing their typical MO of keeping it a complete secret until it is 100% official.
IIRC, they've been pretty consistent as a team that makes absolutely no statements regarding transactions until they are official.

/optimism

... back in Texans realityville, I fully expect to hear that we've lost out on the best FAs while attempting to pursue urnealistic signings.
michaelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #303
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but the optimist in me is wondering if the Texans haven't agreed to terms with Aso, but they are foliowing their typical MO of keeping it a complete secret until it is 100% official.
IIRC, they've been pretty consistent as a team that makes absolutely no statements regarding transactions until they are official.

/optimism

... back in Texans realityville, I fully expect to hear that we've lost out on the best FAs while attempting to pursue urnealistic signings.
News of that magnitude would've leaked by now imo. I hope it's true, but not counting on it. Texans need to be aggressive, they have no other option if they want to show the fans they are serious about the playoffs.
Old 07-26-2011   #304
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
News of that magnitude would've leaked by now imo. I hope it's true, but not counting on it. Texans need to be aggressive, they have no other option if they want to show the fans they are serious about the playoffs.
Unfortunately for fans, snake oil comes cheap. Sell lots of it; make lots of profit.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #305
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 280296 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Aso will be choosing a ring & city ... money will be the same.

Question: Can Smithiak sell Houston to him?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #306
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114521 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
Aso will be choosing a ring & city ... money will be the same.

Question: Can Smithiak sell Houston to him?
Ill take his ass out for some Tex-Mex if he signs here.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #307
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 178952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Ill take his ass out for some Tex-Mex if he signs here.
Me and TB will take him for & (o)(o)'s

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-26-2011   #308
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 87746 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post

/optimism

Illegitimi non carborundum, lol.
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #309
vupac1
Veteran

Rep Power: 288 vupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Unhappy Re: Free Agent Activity involving Texans 2011

Quinton Mikell signs with the Rams.
I was hoping he would be our backup plan if we couldn't land Weddle.

I guess we'd better be sure we get Weddle.
vupac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #310
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE
Default Re: Free agent activity about to get hot and heavy for Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Warning! The following post may contain extreme dorkiness. Reader discretion advised.

With that out of the way, I just wanted to say that Eric Weddle reminds me of a pokemon called Weedle. Weedle was a pretty useless pokemon, but maybe it evolved into something interesting...I don't know.

Must spread rep for the reference. Beedrill (the pokemon Weedle evolved into) was lame, though.

It's all about that butterfree maaaan!
Old 07-27-2011   #311
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2514 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

As far as Free agency goes...Looks like Texans are holding true to form and not signing any big name players. Building through the draft the right way and on the right track Yadda yadda yadda....
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #312
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Players are only getting "Agreements" right now, not actual signings
there haven't been "agreements" with new teams today anyway besides UDFA's the most action was from re-signings
Old 07-27-2011   #313
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
As far as Free agency goes...Looks like Texans are holding true to form and not signing any big name players. Building through the draft the right way and on the right track Yadda yadda yadda....

It's been ONE day.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #314
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
It's been ONE day.
I agree.

I figured if we were going to get Nnamdi, we would have known by now.

I don't think it's going to happen.

c'est la vie
Old 07-27-2011   #315
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I agree.

c'est la vie
I don't agree with that.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #316
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I agree.

c'est la vie

So does that mean no one gets Nnamdi?

The Jets fans don't know, neither the Ravens, Cowboys, Bucs or any other team fans.

It's clear to me that Nnamdi has not agreed to any deal and is weighing his options or that whoever he has agreed with is being very very quiet about it.

EDIT: Schefter just confirmed as much too. He said Nnamdi is taking his time we may not know until Friday. Said The Bucs and Ravens are lurking but the Texans and Jets are the most likely.

I think whoever gets an agreement from him will like to have that done before then though so they can plan. Would hate to have the Texans miss out on FAs because they are focused on getting Nnamdi and comes Friday he signs elsewhere. I'm sure ever other team on Nnamdi's list thinks the same.
fiasco west is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #317
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
So does that mean no one gets Nnamdi?

The Jets fans don't know, neither the Ravens, Cowboys, Bucs or any other team fans.

It's clear to me that Nnamdi has not agreed to any deal and is weighing his options or that whoever he has agreed with is being very very quiet about it.

EDIT: Schefter just confirmed as much too. He said Nnamdi is taking his time we may not know until Friday. Said The Bucs and Ravens are lurking but the Texans and Jets are the most likely.

I think whoever gets an agreement from him will like to have that done before then though so they can plan. Would hate to have the Texans miss out on FAs because they are focused on getting Nnamdi and comes Friday he signs elsewhere. I'm sure ever other team on Nnamdi's list thinks the same.

I was just getting ready to post the same thing, just different words.

If we were guaranteed to NOT get him that would mean he signed somewhere else and that would be out. I'm hoping that the Texans are just being quiet as usual and will announce the signing on Friday when he signs on the dotted line.
Old 07-27-2011   #318
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114521 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

SOmeone tell the Texans FO that "being aggressive in FA" doesnt mean signing your own 2nd stringers and a bunch of UFA's.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #319
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

UDFA Mister Alexander (LB, FSU) signed.http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2011-...ed-free-agents
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #320
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I just have a feeling that the Texans are going to disappoint. I think they are gonna play that same old tired ass line that they tried, but in the end the two sides couldn't reach an agreement. Then, they will sign some third rate CB, and say they have faith in their young players. I would never be so happy to be wrong in my life.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read