Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-26-2011   #281
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Free agent activity about to get hot and heavy for Texans

Per La Canfora:

Texans agree to 1 year vet min deal with DT Damoine Lewis
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #282
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Reports are the Skins have resigned Moss.
Let the mediocrity continue!!! I think Shanny has gone the way of Bill Walsh and Bill Parcells. They think their judgement of a player is infallible. Santana Moss.....
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #283
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Warning! The following post may contain extreme dorkiness. Reader discretion advised.

With that out of the way, I just wanted to say that Eric Weddle reminds me of a pokemon called Weedle. Weedle was a pretty useless pokemon, but maybe it evolved into something interesting...I don't know.

Old 07-26-2011   #284
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

well im out... color me a little underwhelmed on the 'hot & heavy' first day of free agency.

intrigued by our udfa wr's but thought there would be a little more action texans & league wide today
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #285
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Free Agent Activity involving Texans 2011

Wtf?

Quote:
mcclain_on_nfl john mcclain
texans have just agreed to new contract with their ot rashad butler.
Old 07-26-2011   #286
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Warning! The following post may contain extreme dorkiness. Reader discretion advised.

With that out of the way, I just wanted to say that Eric Weddle reminds me of a pokemon called Weedle. Weedle was a pretty useless pokemon, but maybe it evolved into something interesting...I don't know.

Give your man-card to Tex. I believe he's collecting them.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #287
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Wtf?
Seriously? I thought he wanted out. Awesome news if true.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-26-2011   #288
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wtf?
I was wondering why everyone was congratulating him on twitter.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #289
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Give your man-card to Tex. I believe he's collecting them.

Mike
Tex likes man cards? Did Houston just go all broke back mountain??
Old 07-26-2011   #290
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

coveted cb Ike Taylor resigned with pit on a four-year deal
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #291
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
coveted cb Ike Taylor resigned with pit on a four-year deal
who coveted him? Obviously Pittsburgh. It's surprising to see Pittsburgh resign him, though. They have a history of letting FA's walk.
Old 07-26-2011   #292
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

one by one FA secondary players are falling off the board. Come on Jonathan Joseph.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #293
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
one by one FA secondary players are falling off the board. Come on Jonathan Joseph.
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits. Come on Aso!!!!
Old 07-26-2011   #294
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wtf?
Yeah, I heard that on the news, but I figured I misheard it since they didn't follow up at all...

Don't know how I feel about this. Having that backup swing tackle who can step in is valuable, but it eats into the amount we can offer Aso or Weddle. We need to address our defense!
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #295
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Yeah, I heard that on the news, but I figured I misheard it since they didn't follow up at all...

Don't know how I feel about this. Having that backup swing tackle who can step in is valuable, but it eats into the amount we can offer Aso or Weddle. We need to address our defense!
We do need to address D, but passer rating differential determines championships. This is a good signing.
Old 07-26-2011   #296
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post

early reports is Weddle is going to Jacksonville.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #297
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Tampa Bay announces CB Talib will be back this season per NFL Network.
Old 07-26-2011   #298
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95576 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
early reports is Weddle is going to Jacksonville. He's one of the players off the board.
Source please.
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #299
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

PriscoCBS Pete Prisco
No deal yet for Weddle anywhere. Those saying he signed in Jax are wrong.

1 hour ago
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #300
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95576 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The 49ers and Raiders are negotiating with DB Dashon Goldson, who was in San Francisco last season.
LaConfora at nfl.com.

Either the Texans have their man and keeping really damn quiet about it or no one told them the lockout ended.
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read