Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-26-2011   #261
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8706 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Free agent activity about to get hot and heavy for Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Good News

judybattista Judy Battista
RT @JennyVrentas: Jets extend offer to free-agent receiver Santonio Holmes: http://tinyurl.com/3r9htb5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Good news indeed.

Skins could still try to top that offer though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Why is that good? It means less of a chance they can sign Aso?
Perhaps because it would be inversely proportional to the Texans chances to signing Aso.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #262
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Good news indeed.

Skins could still try to top that offer though.
Thought the Skins sent an offer to Moss nto Holmes.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #263
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Reports are the Skins have resigned Moss.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #264
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Other than some reports that come off as hunches, things have been eerily quiet on the Nnamdi front today. It doesn't really seem like there is a front runner, and I can't say with 100% certainty that any team is indeed pursuing him. The top FA usually goes first, their soon-to-be big contracts can hold teams hostage while all other teams sign everyone else off.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #265
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
And then they might want Weddle back, which might mean $7 mill-per if I read it right in another thread.

If the Jets retain their own guys, it could limit them in trying to get a guy like Aso.
It's also been said that they want to resign Cromartie also. I remember hearing that early in the day but the problem is Cromartie will always put money first and wants to test the market.

Quote:
They did, but they still have room to offer Holmes and the word is they'd still want Holmes.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #266
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Pete Prisco
Jaguars are back in on Weddle. So are Cowboys, Texans and Chargers.
http://twitter.com/#!/PriscoCBS/stat...87354728271872

There is some Weddle news...
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #267
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Other than some reports that come off as hunches, things have been eerily quiet on the Nnamdi front today. It doesn't really seem like there is a front runner, and I can't say with 100% certainty that any team is indeed pursuing him. The top FA usually goes first, their soon-to-be big contracts can hold teams hostage while all other teams sign everyone else off.
But there could already be a "deal in place" and people have kept it quiet, knowing the dollar amount they need to work around (the amount Aso is getting is already known, which means other players' agents can use it for negotiations with their own players).

I find it hard to believe that for the past several months there hasn't been any type of talks between Aso and teams who are interested. In fact, I think there's a deal in place. There, I said it with certainty.

Somebody has Haynesworth'd a deal with Aso and his agent.
Old 07-26-2011   #268
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But there could already be a "deal in place" and people have kept it quiet, knowing the dollar amount they need to work around (the amount Aso is getting is already known, which means other players' agents can use it for negotiations with their own players).

I find it hard to believe that for the past several months there hasn't been any type of talks between Aso and teams who are interested. In fact, I think there's a deal in place. There, I said it with certainty.

Somebody has Haynesworth'd a deal with Aso and his agent.
I had this same thought process, I just figured it would be already announced if so.
Old 07-26-2011   #269
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I had this same thought process, I just figured it would be already announced if so.
And it would be just like McNair to have planted his recent comments, what with all his talk of "we're going to TRY to be aggressive," and "it will be fluid..." and other low-key phrases.

The Texans organization is very secretive. Hell, they flat out LIED to David Carr when they told him we were drafting Bush...but went right ahead and drafted Mario instead.

I wouldn't put it past those guys. Kubiak looks like Stalin to begin with.

Losing ninja focus. Again. Dammit.
Old 07-26-2011   #270
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
ArianFoster Arian Foster
I was lost until yoga found me
21 hours ago
in reply to ↑

VontaLeach44
@vleach44 VontaLeach44
@ArianFoster I gonna go this year with u to yoga
http://twitter.com/#!/johnson80
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #271
Allstar
Bona fide

Well honestly I think the only thing we have going for us is the fact that no one else seems to have anything going for them in the Nnamdi stakes.
Old 07-26-2011   #272
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Well honestly I think the only thing we have going for us is the fact that no one else seems to have anything going for them in the Nnamdi stakes.
In other words, for what Aso is wanting...other teams feel they already have a secondary that's good enough without him? And teams that might ordinarily want him are too consumed with things like finding a QB or a WR or a RB or other positions.

Which means, MAYBE, the perfect storm exists for the Texans for a change?

Screw the ninja focus. I'm now 100% sold out. DAMMIT. And you're partly responsible.
Old 07-26-2011   #273
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Leinart going to Seattle ..... we're screwed.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #274
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Let me ask this...

Why in the holy hell would the Jets want Aso when they drafted Wilson in the first round last year? Then they would have Revis(1st rounder), Wilson(1st rounder) and Nnamdi(huge investment). Never would happen...
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #275
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
Leinart going to Seattle ..... we're screwed.
I know, good riddance!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #276
Allstar
Bona fide

Quote:
In other words, for what Aso is wanting...other teams feel they already have a secondary that's good enough without him? And teams that might ordinarily want him are too consumed with things like finding a QB or a WR or a RB or other positions.

Which means, MAYBE, the perfect storm exists for the Texans for a change?

Screw the ninja focus. I'm now 100% sold out. DAMMIT. And you're partly responsible.
Haha, I'm just cautiously optimistic. Hope for the best, expect the worst, thus is the life of a Texans fan.
Old 07-26-2011   #277
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Let me ask this...

Why in the holy hell would the Jets want Aso when they drafted Wilson in the first round last year? Then they would have Revis(1st rounder), Wilson(1st rounder) and Nnamdi(huge investment). Never would happen...
wilson is relatively cheap as the 31st pick in the draft so doesnt affect it one way or the other...

consider that the texans have a 2nd rounder (harris) and 2 first rounders (kareem and allen off waivers) on their books & are going after nnamdi hard
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #278
texanchris
Veteran

Rep Power: 3783 texanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...tm_term=%23nyg

looks like texans are interested in plaxico burress after all.
texanchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #279
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2075 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanchris View Post
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...tm_term=%23nyg

looks like texans are interested in plaxico burress after all.
Or could be his agent trying to drum up interest in his client

Quote:
Citing a source familiar with Plaxico Burress, the Newark Star-Ledger reports that the free agent is drawing interest from the Texans, Rams, and Bears.

This sounds like an agent-driven report. The Chicago Tribune is adamant that Burress is not on the Bears' radar, and the Rams aren't expected to consider signing him, either. The Texans make a small amount of sense -- Kevin Walter can do many of the same things. This story may be a ploy from the Burress camp to attempt to drive up Plax's price tag with the Eagles.
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #280
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
wilson is relatively cheap as the 31st pick in the draft so doesnt affect it one way or the other...

consider that the texans have a 2nd rounder (harris) and 2 first rounders (kareem and allen off waivers) on their books & are going after nnamdi hard
I heard that Allen makes a pretty good amount.

If signing aso is iminent I would not be surprised if they cut him to save a lot of money.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read