Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-26-2011   #201
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Free agent activity about to get hot and heavy for Texans

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...tm_term=%23nyg

Cool.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #202
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Yeah but Revis's and Aso's relationship seems to far outdate any of the stuff I've seen being reported about AJ and Aso.

Like I said though, we won't really know until Friday, and it could easily be some sleeper team like Dallas come in and snatch him up. Either way, I'm not putting much stock into an opinion of a writer down here in Houston right now, especially a Chron worker. For all intents and purposes though, I'm most worried about him just going to the Jets and taking a lot less money than what the Texans are (hopefully) trying to offer him.
If the Texans go hard, offer the most money, and lose out, I won't be too bummed. If they instead, try to half ass it and offer an average contract I will be disappointed. The only thing we control is our offer to him. If it is a strong offer and we don't pull it off, we don't do it. But it has to be strong.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #203
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Hmm...would be interesting I guess? Just hope he's in football shape, and that they aren't hoping for the second coming of Michael Vick.

Seems doubtful to me considering Mr. McNair's stance on "quality off the field guys".
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #204
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sheesh. This offseason will say a lot about this franchise. If we sign Plaxico Burress and Nnamdi Asomugha... it'd be pretty easy for us to see that the front office does in fact want to win. LOL
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #205
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody know what the talk around our division is like about all this? If I were a Colts, Jags or Titans fan I would be pretty concerned about the Nnamdi/Texans talk. muahahahaa
Old 07-26-2011   #206
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Hmm...would be interesting I guess? Just hope he's in football shape, and that they aren't hoping for the second coming of Michael Vick.

Seems doubtful to me considering Mr. McNairs stance on "quality off the field guys".
I'm surprised that he'd be the WR we're after because of the 'off the field' issues.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #207
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I won't mind signing Plaxico because I know he'll be on his best behavior this year. I'd love to line him up opposite Andre.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-26-2011   #208
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Anybody know what the talk around our division is like about all this? If I were a Colts, Jags or Titans fan I would be pretty concerned about the Nnamdi/Texans talk. muahahahaa
I think the Colts would be worried....I don't think the Jags or Titans have big expectations for next year.
Old 07-26-2011   #209
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I won't mind signing Plaxico because I know he'll be on his best behavior this year. I'd love to line him up opposite Andre.
Me too.. as being a Giants fan, it sucked to have to let him go, but heck, he was going off to jail.. he has decent speed going straight and just gets up there for those jump balls...If the price was right and he was to select Houston, that would be a great 1-2 WR tandem !
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #210
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Yessir, I've already stated my case for Plax. I'd take him in a heartbeat. Heck, shooting yourself and spending time in jail for it is more than paying for it, imo
Old 07-26-2011   #211
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Plax comments on NFL Network earlier this month:

Quote:
As for the Texans, he said: "When you say Houston, all I can say is 'Wow.' That's all I can say, because I give respect where respect is due. And I believe Andre Johnson is the best wide receiver in football. ... The way he's playing down in Houston, they're getting everything going in the right direction. Matt Schaub has really taken off as an elite quarterback. I think Arian Foster is one of the top-five running backs in this league. I think that team is bound for the playoffs this year and looking forward to great things."
link
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #212
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
I think the Colts would be worried....I don't think the Jags or Titans have big expectations for next year.
Every Jags fan I come across believes that they are right in the thick of things for the division this year.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #213
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Plax comments on NFL Network earlier this month:

link
Hopefully Aso thinks the same. If signing Cheddar Bob would bring in Aso, I am all for it!

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #214
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Every Jags fan I come across believes that they are right in the thick of things for the division this year.
Well in a way, a lot of us here think the same of the Texans.. yet they have have never made the playoffs..So, until they do it..we are a lot like Jags fan on that matter.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #215
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, but have you talked to all 10 of them yet?
Old 07-26-2011   #216
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

The Jags are like the anti-Texans. They overachieve as much as we underachieve.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #217
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Well then I'd think they'd be worried about Aso signing here. That will for sure take out the possibility of winning via Hail Mary...or at least I'd hope so.
Old 07-26-2011   #218
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 221373 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
The Jags are like the anti-Texans. They overachieve as much as we underachieve.
LOL, that's not what a guy in JAX told me earlier today. He expressed frustration about losing to the Texans with the playoffs on the line. I just chuckled.
Old 07-26-2011   #219
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
If the Texans go hard, offer the most money, and lose out, I won't be too bummed. If they instead, try to half ass it and offer an average contract I will be disappointed. The only thing we control is our offer to him. If it is a strong offer and we don't pull it off, we don't do it. But it has to be strong.
But how will we know unless ASO tells what offer was? Will fans accept anything Texans say was the offer?
Old 07-26-2011   #220
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Well then I'd think they'd be worried about Aso signing here. That will for sure take out the possibility of winning via Hail Mary...or at least I'd hope so.
I don't know, Quin will be the FS..... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
Yeah, but have you talked to all 10 of them yet?
That was awesome. REP

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read