Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-22-2011   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default [PFF] Okoye - #1 Tackle Attempts per Miss (2008-2010)

Sweet, something he excels at....

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...ts-and-worsts/

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em

Last edited by Texans34Life; 07-22-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011   #2
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [PFF] Okoye - #1 Tackle Attempts per Miss

I don't know....any analysis that shows Jacques Reeves is "good" and Nnamdi asomugha is "bad" I can't take too seriously.
Old 07-22-2011   #3
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Shaun Cody ranks at the top. What does it mean?
Old 07-22-2011   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The lower the ratio, the worse.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011   #5
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
He excels at being the worse, duh!
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011   #6
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So Cody is great and Okoye is poo?
Old 07-22-2011   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 180779 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
So Cody is great and Okoye is poo?
No and yes. Cody's not great, but serviceable. Okoye is probably a few days from being cut.
Old 07-23-2011   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
No and yes. Cody's not great, but serviceable. Okoye is probably a few days from being cut.
I wished we could get a 7th round pick before he goes.
Old 07-23-2011   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hilarious

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Shaun Cody ranks at the top. What does it mean?
It means that if Shaun Cody gets his mitts on you, your ass is tackled.

If Amobi Okoye gets his mitts on you, you've got a pretty good chance of slipping out of his grasp.

Sounds like someone needs to either learn to wrap up OR work on their grip strength.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011   #11
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I find it odd that Bentley was the only Texans LB on here AND that he was top 15. Does this infer that Bentley is a better LB than Ryans? I know he missed most of last with an injury.
I also wouldn't put too much emphasis on the DB #'s. I wouldn't pay my CB's to be tackling machines. A dominant CB won't have enough passes thrown his way to be good at tackling. That's what I want to see.

This seems like a cherry picked article. It says 2008-2010 but it doesn't show MW or Ryans. They were definitely in the mix tackles wise. How come they don't show up? I'd like to see a full list not just top and bottom 15.
Old 07-23-2011   #12
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Posluszney should be available and would be a great fit in our 3-4 at ILB.
Old 07-23-2011   #13
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone needs to get Okoye some Stick 'Um

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011   #14
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 242285 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I find it odd that Bentley was the only Texans LB on here AND that he was top 15. Does this infer that Bentley is a better LB than Ryans? I know he missed most of last with an injury.
I also wouldn't put too much emphasis on the DB #'s. I wouldn't pay my CB's to be tackling machines. A dominant CB won't have enough passes thrown his way to be good at tackling. That's what I want to see.

This seems like a cherry picked article. It says 2008-2010 but it doesn't show MW or Ryans. They were definitely in the mix tackles wise. How come they don't show up? I'd like to see a full list not just top and bottom 15.
As much as many fans revere Demeco, let's keep it real. Since his rookie year (2006), he has never had reached 100 tackles (125 in 2006, 99 in 2007, 86 in 2008, 93 in 2009, and 32 in 6 games in 2010). He has had only 8 sacks in 5 seasons, with 3.5 occurring in his rookie year.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Because it's not about the NUMBER of tackles, it's about the ratio of hits and misses. This number doesn't tell how GOOD a player is, it tells how good a player is at making the tackle when they have the chance.

When Bentley got a chance to tackle you, he tackled you. He wrapped you up and put you down. The problem is, he's not good enough to get into the right spot quick enough to put himself in position to make the tackle like Cush and Demeco. They aren't as sure at tackling as he is but they're better linebackers and see the field more.

This isn't an indication of how good or bad someone is at playing their position. It's just an indication of how good or bad they are at tackling.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011   #16
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't imagine what these clowns saw in Okoye to make him a top 10 pick ahead of some truly elite players. Cut him, admit mistake and cut him, save the money for guys who at least EARNED the right to ask for bookoobucks. Cut Okoye and make Leach a happy fullback. Make an offer to some REAL defensive backs.

Seriously, what was it? He's not a good tackler, he's not explosive off the line, his pass rush repetoire includes hoping the OL doesn't notice him, he's not productive, he's not capable of taking attention off of Mario or using the attention paid to Mario to his advantage, he's not over powering, he doesn't get his hands up.....geezus, should I go on? He hasn't progressed a single step since having the keys handed over to him, he costs a boatload and he totally sucks in every situation, every down.

Cut.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011   #17
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Because it's not about the NUMBER of tackles, it's about the ratio of hits and misses. This number doesn't tell how GOOD a player is, it tells how good a player is at making the tackle when they have the chance.

When Bentley got a chance to tackle you, he tackled you. He wrapped you up and put you down. The problem is, he's not good enough to get into the right spot quick enough to put himself in position to make the tackle like Cush and Demeco. They aren't as sure at tackling as he is but they're better linebackers and see the field more.

This isn't an indication of how good or bad someone is at playing their position. It's just an indication of how good or bad they are at tackling.
I can't think of that many missed tackles for Ryans or MW. MW seems to be a very sure tackler. I do see a lot of RB's kick it back inside against MW. He's pretty good at staying at home and/or stringing plays out to the sidelines.
I would also have to say that tackling would be a very good indication as to how good a defensive player, that isn't a cb, is.
Old 07-23-2011   #18
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
As much as many fans revere Demeco, let's keep it real. Since his rookie year (2006), he has never had reached 100 tackles (125 in 2006, 99 in 2007, 86 in 2008, 93 in 2009, and 32 in 6 games in 2010). He has had only 8 sacks in 5 seasons, with 3.5 occurring in his rookie year.
You are only looking at solo tackles. You need to consider total tackles.

In 2006, Meco had 126 solo and 30 assisted for 156 total (#2 overall)
In 2007, Meco had 99 solo and 29 assisted for 128 total. (# 6 overall)
In 2008, Meco had 86 solo and 26 assisted for 112 total. (# 28 overall)
In 2009, Meco had 93 solo and 30 assisted for 123 total. (# 8 overall)(Meco was one tackle out of the top 10).

It should be noted that in 2009 Cushing's numbers were:
86 solo, 47 assisted for 133 (#6) overall.

Meco is a top 10 tackler when healthy. He had one bad season in 2008 and did not play a full 2010. I expect him and Cushing to be back in the top 10 in 2011.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011   #19
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I can't think of that many missed tackles for Ryans or MW. MW seems to be a very sure tackler. I do see a lot of RB's kick it back inside against MW. He's pretty good at staying at home and/or stringing plays out to the sidelines.
I would also have to say that tackling would be a very good indication as to how good a defensive player, that isn't a cb, is.
Ha, when all we hear about is how good this corner is at tackling, willing tackler, yadayadayada nobody ever says "CAN HE COVER?!?!"

Wade's picks, Harris/Carmicheal seem like guys who are "Cover first" (like that should even be a question) type of corners. These guys like Quin and Jackson and Molden and Bennett all seemed like safeties who were just a little short of being able to play corner.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011   #20
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 22350 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

not much weight here...DL are never tackling machines that ratio to miss is going to be high...they do the dirty work for LBs to make the plays (tackles)...the same argument can be made that if a DL has more attempts then he is more disruptive which again can lead to others making more plays or causing the offense to do something it didnt want to do.
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read