Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-21-2011   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Wow!

If this belongs in the NFL thread, sorry. Just made me think again about how much smarter the Texans were for picking Mario!

Titans | Cutting Vince Young saves team nearly $13M
Wed, 20 Jul 2011 23:30:00 -0700

The expected release of Tennessee Titans QB Vince Young will save the team $12.8 million heading into the 2011 season.

0 Comments | Share: | Source: ESPN - John Clayton

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1SkHFYbfI

Saints | Cutting Reggie Bush will save a ton
Wed, 20 Jul 2011 23:28:49 -0700

The New Orleans Saints will create another $12 million of salary cap space by releasing RB Reggie Bush once the NFL lockout is lifted.

0 Comments | Share: | Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune - Jeff Duncan

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1SkHp715z
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011   #2
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
If this belongs in the NFL thread, sorry. Just made me think again about how much smarter the Texans were for picking Mario!

Titans | Cutting Vince Young saves team nearly $13M
Wed, 20 Jul 2011 23:30:00 -0700

The expected release of Tennessee Titans QB Vince Young will save the team $12.8 million heading into the 2011 season.

0 Comments | Share: | Source: ESPN - John Clayton

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1SkHFYbfI

Saints | Cutting Reggie Bush will save a ton
Wed, 20 Jul 2011 23:28:49 -0700

The New Orleans Saints will create another $12 million of salary cap space by releasing RB Reggie Bush once the NFL lockout is lifted.

0 Comments | Share: | Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune - Jeff Duncan

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1SkHp715z
Just a look at the stats line or just being an average fan paying average attention to the NFL would tell you we made the right draft pick. Having said that, I still have heartburn about all the flak the Texans AND Mario took over the pick.
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Just a look at the stats line or just being an average fan paying average attention to the NFL would tell you we made the right draft pick. Having said that, I still have heartburn about all the flak the Texans AND Mario took over the pick.
Yeah I know. It's just crazy to see that one team didn't get their money's worth and the other barely has or hasn't gotten their money's worth.
Old 07-21-2011   #4
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah I know. It's just crazy to see that one team didn't get their money's worth and the other barely has or hasn't gotten their money's worth.
As a Texan would say, "ain't but one team got it's money worth out of this deal." History shows that the Texans made the right pick, but a lt of media types still put us in a bad light becaus of it. A bunch of Kieth Olbermann's with jock sraps tied to their chins clamor abou VY's wnning record or Bush's...does he even have any records??? Of any kind of records that don't pertain to college just get ?!?!?!?!?!!?!!!?!??!!?
Old 07-21-2011   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
As a Texan would say, "ain't but one team got it's money worth out of this deal." History shows that the Texans made the right pick, but a lt of media types still put us in a bad light becaus of it. A bunch of Kieth Olbermann's with jock sraps tied to their chins clamor abou VY's wnning record or Bush's...does he even have any records??? Of any kind of records that don't pertain to college just get ?!?!?!?!?!!?!!!?!??!!?
I do think that if Reggie goes to Philly, they will make him a more utilized part of their offense than New Orleans needed to. Westbrook had a great career under Philly's scheme and I think that Bush could provide the same kind of player.
Old 07-21-2011   #6
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Looking back i think i would of still gotten VY maybe things would of been different if VY was in HOuston maybe we would have Won more games !!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011   #7
OrdinaryAvgGuy
Rookie

Rep Power: 47 OrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respectedOrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respectedOrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respectedOrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respectedOrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respectedOrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respectedOrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respectedOrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respectedOrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respectedOrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respectedOrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Looking back i think i would of still gotten VY maybe things would of been different if VY was in HOuston maybe we would have Won more games !!!

Please tell me this is a joke.

#vinceyoungneedstobecommittedandidon'tmeantohistea m
OrdinaryAvgGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-21-2011   #8
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrdinaryAvgGuy View Post
Please tell me this is a joke.

#vinceyoungneedstobecommittedandidon'tmeantohistea m
I think someone hacked Norg's account....

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 225538 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I do think that if Reggie goes to Philly, they will make him a more utilized part of their offense than New Orleans needed to. Westbrook had a great career under Philly's scheme and I think that Bush could provide the same kind of player.
Yep. Bush in Philly would be really good for both of them.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011   #10
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Back at the time the pick was made , only ONE person on this forum had MW as the pick ..... Kaiser Toro.

Everyone else was having a bitchfest over VY and RB.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Back at the time the pick was made , only ONE person on this forum had MW as the pick ..... Kaiser Toro.

I think you are missing someone else but KT called it first.
Old 07-21-2011   #12
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I believe Bush would thrive in that situation, but it has to be cost effective first. You don't see any top 10overall picks as 3rd down backs for a reason. Unless Oakland drafted one when I wasn't paying attention. Or Smith drafted one that played tight end in high school baseball.

Bush and VY are busts and MW has become a VERY solid player. His stats might not blow you away, but his over all product on the field is hard to beat.
Old 07-21-2011   #13
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:

That may or may not be true. I was a RB fan til I paid closer attention. I can't remember if MW was even on my radar,though so I can't argue that point.

Last edited by DocBar; 07-21-2011 at 11:32 PM.
Old 07-21-2011   #14
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I think you are missing someone else but KT called it first.
Nope .... Was just KT , everyone else in the draft threads had RB or VY .... including myself

Ive gone back and looked over those threads multiple times .... just to torture myself.

Old 07-21-2011   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

(tongue-in-cheek)We can save a bit more by cutting Mario...
Old 07-21-2011   #16
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Hulk75 pm'd me on that Wednesday before the Saturday draft, IIRC, and said the Texans top brass had told David Carr (his brother) that it was going to be Reggie Bush all the way...and Hulk75 said his brother (David) was stoked.

Then, when it went down on the news that we had a tentative agreement in place with MW's agent prior to the draft...I pm'd Hulk75 and said "What happened from the time you told me this and it became that?"

He replied that David was shocked. He (Hulk75, real name is Darren, IIRC) was shocked.

And that, my friends, was the beginning of the end for DC. I think at THAT point, when he knew he had been lied to so that the media would not find out about MW ahead of time, DC knew he was on the outs and he wasn't as "in" with the higher ups as he thought he was.

Here DC thought he was getting this great weapon in the backfield to help him out, especially it being a West Coast California kid like himself, and it turns out they totally lied to him. LOL. Ouch.
Old 07-21-2011   #17
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Didnt Hulk pass recently ? .... RIP.

Old 07-21-2011   #18
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Didnt Hulk pass recently ? .... RIP.
Dont know? Are you joking?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011   #19
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
I think someone hacked Norg's account....
No kidding, I think he at least spelled everything right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011   #20
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Dont know? Are you joking?
I thought I recalled seeing something about it a while back .... there's just so many people to keep up with .... Im gettin old and senile not to mention half drunk.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read