Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2011   #541
SeminoleTexan
Rookie

Rep Power: 113 SeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
You guys should really read this thread on the Jags board..... disturbing.
yea I've been following this thread since it started last week. My favorite quote...

"If the tacks have hit on Locker and Yates becomes a steal for Houston then i want Genes head. Ponder looks like the future in Minn despite the rest of the team, Dalton's the man in Cincy,Cam is carolinas future, Locker look good in limited time for the tacks, and Gabbert looks like garbage."

lmao
SeminoleTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #542
reinders
waterboy

Rep Power: 0 reinders is a quality contributor and well respectedreinders is a quality contributor and well respectedreinders is a quality contributor and well respectedreinders is a quality contributor and well respectedreinders is a quality contributor and well respectedreinders is a quality contributor and well respectedreinders is a quality contributor and well respectedreinders is a quality contributor and well respectedreinders is a quality contributor and well respectedreinders is a quality contributor and well respectedreinders is a quality contributor and well respected

reinders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #543
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

That picture is disturbing...
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #544
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

My nickname has meaning once again!!!! Yates for president!!!
Old 12-12-2011   #545
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

With 10:15 left in the third qtr, we rab a bootleg. Gannon said Tj should have slowed down & hit the tightend crossing across the middle. The tight end was open, but this is the same play Foster scored that 90 yard TD against Tennessee.

From the all 22 view, you can see this play develop just like it had in Tennessee. Had Tj stopped & looked to the other side of the field, like Schaub had done twice this year, my fantsy team would have done much better.
Old 12-13-2011   #546
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 25589 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With 10:15 left in the third qtr, we rab a bootleg. Gannon said Tj should have slowed down & hit the tightend crossing across the middle. The tight end was open, but this is the same play Foster scored that 90 yard TD against Tennessee.

From the all 22 view, you can see this play develop just like it had in Tennessee. Had Tj stopped & looked to the other side of the field, like Schaub had done twice this year, my fantsy team would have done much better.
Weren't those designed QB running plays? I thought the way he didn't look up seemed like it was setting something up for later, then when they chose to come back to it a defender blew it up and Yates had to get rid of the ball too quick.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011   #547
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
Weren't those designed QB running plays? I thought the way he didn't look up seemed like it was setting something up for later, then when they chose to come back to it a defender blew it up and Yates had to get rid of the ball too quick.
I think there was only one designed run. He picked up that 3rd & 15 on a broken play, then two bootlegs (to the right) he picked up 2 yards & 5 yards when he didn't see a receiver. The designed run was to the left.

But the play I'm talking about there (I think it's the one he picked up the two yards) he had two receivers in front of him that were sort of covered, then he had AF wide open with lots of green in front of him on the other side of the field.
Old 12-15-2011   #548
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Lots of Yates love on NFLN, once again, Deion Sanders can eat a dick

http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-te...ng-crop-of-QBs
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #549
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Why's it gotta be like that?

Not everybody is going to agree with our opinions..... not everybody is going to believe the Texans are the best team ever.

Just not going to happen.
Old 12-15-2011   #550
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Not everybody is going to agree with our opinions..... not everybody is going to believe the Texans are the best team ever.

I agree with this. The only thing he said was that he can't say the Texans are the top team in the AFC right now because he doesn't trust Yates. He's played 2 and a half games right now compared to 5 Super Bowls combined from 2 of the other QB's in the mix. I can't say I trust him 100 percent yet either, but he's earning it slowly.

If we show we can go out and dominate a bad Panthers defense then I'll feel a little better. Yates is only going to get better, but its hard to blame Deion for feeling this way after only a couple of games with him starting. Its going to be hard to beat Brady and Big Ben in the playoffs not scoring more than 20 points. We have to improve on our ability to put together complete games on offense over the next 3 weeks.

Edit: Sorry I thought this was the NFL No huddle video where they were talking about the AFC contenders. After watching it, he didn't say anything all that terrible although I disagree with him about his assessment up until this point. He said he doesn't know how "he's going to react to pressure in the playoffs". Well he graded the rookies on how they've performed so far and then graded him on how he's going to do. Doesn't make sense, but oh well. IMO he's already played in 2 "playoff" games and won them. Not bad if you ask me, and like a said he will get better.

Last edited by Texn4life; 12-15-2011 at 08:46 AM.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #551
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Oh, so true, so true. Folks seem to have already forgotten about all the rest of our seasons when no one took us seriously, they laughed at us, we were considered a soft spot in their schedule, and all the TV announcers picked against us. All of a sudden one season we finally start kicking ass and it's like "How come everyone doesn't love us?".

It's because no matter which team you are, there are folks on TV that don't like you. I've seen TV talking heads saying things about how Green Bay can be beaten and Tebow won't last long in the playoffs. No team is off limits no matter what they've accomplished.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #552
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 59860 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No, Deion Sanders can eat dick. It's not that I want Deion - or anyone else for that matter - to agree with my opinions, it's just that Deion always comes off as the most uneducated out of any of the talking heads. Any topic, anytime. He just sort of comes off like he's jiving and not thinking.

Oddly enough, the same with Michael Irving. Thank god that Aikmen and Moose are doing pretty good jobs in the booth, or it would leave one to believe there is no life after Dallas.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #553
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got no problem with what Deion said.

He needs to see more. Nothing wrong with that.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #554
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-te...ng-crop-of-QBs
Quote:

Very true.
and up until T.J. pulled off the win in Cincy last week, some of us around here had him as "incomplete"; as in not enough info on him to make an informed assessment.

So I don't have a real issue with Deion giving an "Incomplete". It's not good. It's not bad. It's "I don't know yet". And that's what anyone with any sense should say when they aren't sure.

Come to think of it, that's a lot more intelligent than some of the things said when Leinart first got hurt. Remember all those, "they don't have a chance with a 3rd string QB" assessments when they were predicting how we'd do against Atlanta?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #555
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Primetime tries to be the 'wittiest guy in the room' too much. I think his insight on certain aspects of the game are great, especially the angles that he is experienced in analyzing. But too often, he tries too hard with his comments. He tries to get cute with it, and I think it ultimately hurts his credibility as an analyst.

That being said, I don't have a problem with what he said about Yates. I do not think he's watching entire games, though. He sees highlights and seems to read what the producers tell him.

Sapp, on the other hand, is definitely watching the entire game and you can tell with his comments. And I'm not just saying this because he likes us.
Old 12-15-2011   #556
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 12-15-2011   #557
Jaysol 
3rd String Rook

Rep Power: 410 Jaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dude, I ****ING LOVE THAT! I will be doing that to my Shaub Jersey for Sunday's game. Sporting it like a boss at the Texan's Grille! Thanks for the idea! Reps!
Jaysol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #558
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

I'll see you there! If I spot you ill say whats up. Idk what ill be wearing yet.
Old 12-16-2011   #559
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I agree with this. The only thing he said was that he can't say the Texans are the top team in the AFC right now because he doesn't trust Yates.
Actually, he told the others not to trust Yates. There is a difference.
Old 12-16-2011   #560
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Actually, he told the others not to trust Yates. There is a difference.
They're grown men though.... Do you think they care that Deion told them that? Come on now. We're getting way too worked up when people say anything close to negative about the Texans. Its one thing to disagree with them, but its another to get angry and upset about it. I could care less what most people outside of my family and boss say. And most of the time I don't care what he says.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read