Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2011   #521
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm going to let the season play out, but Yates is making a case to be a starter. Dude is young athletic and has snake venom in his veins.

He missed some throws that schaub probably makes though.

At this point he is at the very least the backup for sure. Leinart is #3 if he's back.

But if Yates keeps it up I'd seriously consider trading schaub for a first. Take another corner and a stud wr.

I know, this isn't madden. But I can't think straight right now. Kist got back from a Christmas part and I'm a lil tipsy.
He missed several reads as well .... He's really got to work on going thru the progressions and not locking onto a single target. Those same progressions and reads along with his decision making are Schaubs strengths.

I agree Leinart will be be the #3 if he's back next season .... But Schaub despite his flaws is the clear #1 IMO.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #522
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The Texans won't trade Yates. Only draftniks would do that.
Well, if Morey was the GM....
Old 12-12-2011   #523
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 12-12-2011   #524
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Yep, we found our next QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #525
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 8317 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we got good value for a 5th rounder.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #526
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
He missed several reads as well .... He's really got to work on going thru the progressions and not locking onto a single target. Those same progressions and reads along with his decision making are Schaubs strengths.

I agree Leinart will be be the #3 if he's back next season .... But Schaub despite his flaws is the clear #1 IMO.
Right now schaub is clearly the number one. But we have at least 4 more games left.

That will have been almost two months of starting time for teej. Lots of time to evaluate him. Lots of tome for him to continue to impress or fail. I'm not saying he's going to be as good as schaub at any point this year, but if he continues to play well we may want to keep him in there and not stunt his growth.

Then you'd also have the dynamic of anytime schaub made a mistake folks would start calling for tj to start.

He made some rookie mistakes yesterday, but he made a lot of plays and he made a lot of plays in crucial moments.

I'm looking for him to be a better player when the season ends than he was when he first got in the game against the jags. He's played some good defenses.

Our defense helped him out in the second half, first half no favors. Running game helped him a little I guess. Tate's fumble didn't. Arian's "fumble" didn't help. That last drive that started on our goal line was amazing.

Yates threw for 300, 2 td's and a pick and he didn't have aj green going up and mossing folks. Not bad in that situation for a rookie of any caliber.

Gonna be interesting to see how he finishes because if he continues like this it's going to be a tough call simply from an upside standpoint.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #527
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank you to all who kept my thread alive.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2011   #528
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42267 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

his mobility is what makes his potential greater than schaub.

if matt's foot doesn't get back to pre-injury levels, this disparity well get even bigger..

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #529
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
his mobility is what makes his potential greater than schaub.

if matt's foot doesn't get back to pre-injury levels, this disparity well get even bigger..

TJ

Schaub is a really good QB....

Not going to be easy for Tj to take that spot...He hasn't done it yet...

I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show one way or the other...
Old 12-12-2011   #530
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 23870 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB75 View Post
Until TJ has to bring the team back from a big deficit, or convert some critical 3rd downs to keep a drive going, I don't think we really know what we've got. He certainly hasn't had to do either in the 6 or 7 quarters that he's played so far.

Maybe he will have such an opportunity in Cicinnatti.
Well now we know, the guy has bollocks to make that run on 3rd and long. I see plenty of 5th round rookie type flaws in TJ's game yesterday, none of which were enough to outweigh his fantastic ability to lead his team 80 yards downfield when he needed to.

My only question is how well do we think this guy could actually become? He seems to have every intangible going for him, and slightly better physical qualities than Schaub. Maybe the Texans have struck gold here??
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #531
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
MMMMMMMM.... Bengal taste Yummy.....

Here Kitty, kitty, kitty....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #532
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
MMMMMMMM.... Bengal taste Yummy.....
If that picture is an indication, it's finger lickin' good.... must taste like chicken.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #533
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show one way or the other...
This is the main thing.

It's going to be exciting seeing the Teej-meister develop. And next pre-season is going to get interesting if the Teej continues to progress.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #534
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

The kid is a baller and he plays like TJ Yates LOL he doesn't have to be anyone else but himself but if you all want to make comparisons he reminds me more of a Ben Rothlisberger type but in a west coast offense. Big Ben is an inch taller at 6'5 240 and TJ is at 6'4" 220 and he can move his feet like Ben and the biggest difference is Bens strength the guy is a mule and the fact that Ben plays in a spread offense where he can improvise and make down field throws. Don't beat me up brethren but that is who is he reminds me of the biggest difference is the strength & offense that ben plays in now lets see if he can lead us like Ben did as a rookie!!!
Old 12-12-2011   #535
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 13325 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's a little early to say that there is a QB controversy...but if there were I wouldn't know which side to fall on. Yates needs to work on his reads and especially needs to work on selling the PA. However, as far as we can tell at this point, Yates has more arm strength and mobility than Schaub ever will and arguably more poise in the pocket. Tough choice, big gamble.
Old 12-12-2011   #536
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
This is the main thing.

It's going to be exciting seeing the Teej-meister develop. And next pre-season is going to get interesting if the Teej continues to progress.
Very exciting...

Barring any unfortunate situations he is looking to make history for the franchise as the first QB to start a play-off game for us...

Will he be the first to win one?

I feel really bad for Schaub though...It has to be killing him to have to sit on the sideline and watch the games and not be able to contribute...This is his team...his offense...

And he is human...I know he is thinking about next year and what it means for him too if TJ keeps it up...

Right now though, It's TJ's world and we're all just in it.
Old 12-12-2011   #537
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwWl_...layer_embedded

Lets bring this back...
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #538
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
I think it's a little early to say that there is a QB controversy...but if there were I wouldn't know which side to fall on. Yates needs to work on his reads and especially needs to work on selling the PA. However, as far as we can tell at this point, Yates has more arm strength and mobility than Schaub ever will and arguably more poise in the pocket. Tough choice, big gamble.
Let's just say that right now, I hope there *is* a QB controversy in the off-season because that means TJ will continue to deliver for the remainder of this season.

It's way too early to anoint him as the starter over a healthy Schaub next year. But after three more games and the playoffs ahead, who knows? That could change -- but not yet.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #539
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
TJ to the Bengals Sideline: Fooled ya!
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011   #540
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

You guys should really read this thread on the Jags board..... disturbing.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read