Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2011   #141
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Kareem Jackson's plight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
MW isn't ever going to be dropping into coverage so this isn't an issue for him.
The few times I've seen Mario drop, he seems to understand zone coverage better than our regular LBs.

Last edited by thunderkyss; 07-21-2011 at 09:51 PM.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011   #142
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's the 45-yd pass to Steve Smith in the Giants game.
Smith put his hand on Jackson's head to push him away, getting seperaation in the process.
That should have been an offensive PI.
I don't know what a CB needs to do in this situation.
What does he need to do to protect himself better from the receiver?

76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011   #143
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 07-21-2011   #144
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Old 07-21-2011   #145
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Old 07-21-2011   #146
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Here's the 45-yd pass to Steve Smith in the Giants game.
Smith put his hand on Jackson's head to push him away, getting seperaation in the process.
That should have been an offensive PI.
I don't know what a CB needs to do in this situation.
What does he need to do to protect himself better from the receiver?
Hope the ref doesnt drop his glasses ?

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011   #147
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

How did other DB's manage to not look as foolish as KJ?

KJ had a terrible yr. That's the bottom line. I Hope he improves this yr.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-21-2011   #148
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
From my observations, I think because we played so much zone since Richard Smith, the back seven weren't taught to recognize route patterns as a whole.
When the opponents flood one zone with 2 or 3 receivers, we were left short-handed since we didn't stretch our zones very well as compared to better defenses.
The Ravens, for example, played a lot of zone, but their zone is much tighter than ours.

Wade's scheme relies on teaching the player to recognize routes and patterns. The LBs (especially the ILBs) will be of much more help in pass defense.
Good post.
Old 07-21-2011   #149
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Me too. I was stunned when they traded back into the 2nd to get him. Smith just doesn't pull off steals like that very often. I'm very hopeful for Carmichael, also. I really liked what I read/saw of him after the draft. Supposed to be another high effort guy who will put in the work and study time to improve his game.
click click
Old 07-21-2011   #150
badboy
Site Contributor

I think KJ needs to not tangle with WR until arrival of ball. He cannot hem miss and lose balance or be re-directed illegally or legally. He needs to re-train to a cover type corner rather than bump.
Old 07-21-2011   #151
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Every play is different.
I'll ask you, just as I had asked EllisUnit and Lucky on each specific play, what is it that you think he did poorly or foolish.

Why can any one of you answer any of those questions?

I had posted each play in question and provided the scenarios.
The best anyone can get is like he shouldnt be in bump and run; he had a bad year, he fell down.

What did he do wrong in this play?
What is it that you want your CB to do in this instance?

All the plays are still there, in vivid color.
Why did you think he did poorly in any of those plays, I'd like to hear it!

Even as to those who think he fell down too much (and he did), please show me those scenarios and tell me how much harm he did to the team.

And of course, most people don't want to recognize the things that he did well to help the team.

People says oh I've seen all of it, I don't need to rewatch any of it.
The truth of the matter is most of us don't have the multi-proccessing brain of a computer. We can't see all around us 360 degree at the same time, and on top of that we don't know what each of the 22 players were supposed to do.

However, as I've said, the season is done with a long time ago.
Please take a look at each play seperately.
How would Asomugha or Newman or any of the guys you want would do in such a situation.

Would they do any better in such cirscumtances?
Tell me why, because I have shown you that all those guys had not fare any better in the same situation.
Old 07-21-2011   #152
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I think KJ needs to not tangle with WR until arrival of ball. He cannot hem miss and lose balance or be re-directed illegally or legally. He needs to re-train to a cover type corner rather than bump.
If you take away the potential jam at the LOS you have P-Burnt playing 7 yards deep on 3rd and three , Ive seen enough of that song and dance routine to last me a lifetime .....

Jackson simply has to improve that aspect of his game , not abandon it. Him being a rookie , you expect the wily veteran recievers to use and abuse him to some extent. Lets just hope he's learned the lessons that his rookie year taught him and we dont see the same mistakes.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011   #153
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Every play is different.
I'll ask you, just as I had asked EllisUnit and Lucky on each specific play, what is it that you think he did poorly or foolish.

Why can any one of you answer any of those questions?

I had posted each play in question and provided the scenarios.
The best anyone can get is like he shouldnt be in bump and run; he had a bad year, he fell down.

What did he do wrong in this play?
What is it that you want your CB to do in this instance?

All the plays are still there, in vivid color.
Why did you think he did poorly in any of those plays, I'd like to hear it!

Even as to those who think he fell down too much (and he did), please show me those scenarios and tell me how much harm he did to the team.

And of course, most people don't want to recognize the things that he did well to help the team.

People says oh I've seen all of it, I don't need to rewatch any of it.
The truth of the matter is most of us don't have the multi-proccessing brain of a computer. We can't see all around us 360 degree at the same time, and on top of that we don't know what each of the 22 players were supposed to do.

However, as I've said, the season is done with a long time ago.
Please take a look at each play seperately.
How would Asomugha or Newman or any of the guys you want would do in such a situation.

Would they do any better in such cirscumtances?
Tell me why, because I have shown you that all those guys had not fare any better in the same situation.
Most of what i have seen is college photos, our other teams photos ur trying to justify why he looked foolish by showing other teams and how they get beat our win for whatever reason. Show me some slide shows of Allen that proves he's worse than K. Jac. Dont get me wrong 76 i love ur enthusiasm i really do, BUT i know what i saw last season, was it rookie mistakes, sure most of it, but rookie mistakes our not Jackson was BAD, and there is no glass half full with that, its not all the safties fault our because he was done wrong by a WR on a missed Ref call. How many times do we see a play like that obvious hold on M. Williams during the hail mary during the jags game where we lost. there is always illegal stuff going on, and he has to deal with it along with all the other CBs in the league. K. Jac was just bad, noone to blame but himself. Hopefully he has some kind of revelation and comes back with a vengance and makes the pro bowl and becomes a Hall of famer, but according to last season he has a lot of work to do.
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011   #154
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Me too. I was stunned when they traded back into the 2nd to get him. Smith just doesn't pull off steals like that very often. I'm very hopeful for Carmichael, also. I really liked what I read/saw of him after the draft. Supposed to be another high effort guy who will put in the work and study time to improve his game.
I've got high hopes for Brandon Harris.... I think he is the steal of the draft & a true cover corner. If this guy plays like I hope, he could easily be a legit #2.

If we are able to sign Aso, & Carmichael is a true nickel.... it doesn't look good for KJac.

Not that KJac is a bust, or could turn into a fine corner, he's just not the kind of guy I would have went after. Run support from the corners has been too high a priority for way too long in H-Town.

& for what KJac does, he needs a team with smart safeties. Like Quin.
Old 07-21-2011   #155
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 59303 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Most of what i have seen is college photos, our other teams photos ur trying to justify why he looked foolish by showing other teams and how they get beat our win for whatever reason. Show me some slide shows of Allen that proves he's worse than K. Jac. Dont get me wrong 76 i love ur enthusiasm i really do, BUT i know what i saw last season, was it rookie mistakes, sure most of it, but rookie mistakes our not Jackson was BAD, and there is no glass half full with that, its not all the safties fault our because he was done wrong by a WR on a missed Ref call. How many times do we see a play like that obvious hold on M. Williams during the hail mary during the jags game where we lost. there is always illegal stuff going on, and he has to deal with it along with all the other CBs in the league. K. Jac was just bad, noone to blame but himself. Hopefully he has some kind of revelation and comes back with a vengance and makes the pro bowl and becomes a Hall of famer, but according to last season he has a lot of work to do.
According to last season, the defense as a whole has a lot of work to do. Unfortunately, they aren't going to have much time to do it in.
Old 07-21-2011   #156
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:

Maybe you should go back to the beginning of this thread.... 76 shows plenty of footage of other CBs looking just as foolish.

That's the whole point of this thread.
Old 07-21-2011   #157
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
If you take away the potential jam at the LOS you have P-Burnt playing 7 yards deep on 3rd and three , Ive seen enough of that song and dance routine to last me a lifetime .....

Jackson simply has to improve that aspect of his game , not abandon it. Him being a rookie , you expect the wily veteran recievers to use and abuse him to some extent. Lets just hope he's learned the lessons that his rookie year taught him and we dont see the same mistakes.
What? There are corners who line up against WR and turn and run Like Revis, Aso and I believe Harris. There are corners from draft two years ago that do not play off WR 7 yards. This flabergasts me. If you don't put yout hands on WRF in tghe 5 yard area, he can't re-direct you legally.
Old 07-21-2011   #158
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
The thing is you have shown me nothing.
Trust me when some folks who appreciated what I'm doing while having a little negative feedback about some of the harsh criticism, I just brushed it aside saying that different opinions are good and welcomed. I don't mind it a bit.

But so far, you haven't shown me (like I've shown you as I've been defending Jackson).
Maybe you can show me the hail mary and how Jackson committed PI.
Don't you think for a minute that I haven't studied that play to deadth, as I've studied all the other plays.
(I've done my homework, it's not bragging.)

You keep saying that he was bad, but everytime you brought up the "bad", I gave you the true pictures.
You went left and right and can never prove that he was bad.
If bad means the same as Asomugha, Newman, Mathis, Revis, and other higher draft choices who are veterans then yes, Jackson was bad just the same (only he was bad in his rookie season while the others were bad in their prime.)
Old 07-21-2011   #159
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I get what y'all are saying.

But I didn't see these things happen to Aso/Revis etc...

I didn't see Aso getting burned for TD's and 100+ yds by an undrafted FA. Serge Ahanatou. sp?

As you've proved KJ wasn't totally at fault. Wilson/Pollard stunk too. But I expected a whole lot more out of a highly rated draft pick than KJ gave us.

Obviously the pass defense was historically bad and KJ was a big part of that. I have hopes KJ can greatly improve under the new coaching regime. But He's going to have to prove it on the field.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011   #160
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 43520 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Jackson's plight is that he was drafted to high, he started right away, he is 2-3 years from being a decent CB, and he is just not a good NFL player.

Our scouting department along with Rick Smith should do the right thing and perform Seppuku for their shame.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read