Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2011   #841
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson's plight.

i'll give jackson a little more credit if he plays like this against quality nfl receivers... something the browns and bucs don't seem to have.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #842
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 131049 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
^^^^

This, I've dogged KJ for a 1.5 yrs and running. With that said he seems to be really improving. He had a great game today. Maybe the light is coming on for himm. No more not turning his head and looking for the ball/falling down.

Those were the days.......
he is improving but you did see that TD he broke up right, he never saw the ball he jumped to early and then had to double jump to break up the ball, he never looked for the ball.
Old 11-13-2011   #843
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
i'll give jackson a little more credit if he plays like this against quality nfl receivers... something the browns and bucs don't seem to have.
The Browns receivers suck, but Tampa has 2 really good young receivers. Benn and Williams both are 2 guys the Texans would love to have.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #844
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
he is improving but you did see that TD he broke up right, he never saw the ball he jumped to early and then had to double jump to break up the ball, he never looked for the ball.

The "Yeah.... but" man strikes again!
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #845
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 131049 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
The "Yeah.... but" man strikes again!
Old 11-13-2011   #846
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i think we're starting to see the player that we drafted in the first round. yall forget that he's only in his second year and spent the first being taught way wrong obviously. now even despite no offseason (reminder only a sophomore), he's got some talent and coaching around him and is growing by leaps and bounds each week. it's debatable whether kareem's ever going to become a "shutdown" type player, but it's still very early and at this rate he's becoming a solid starting cornerback. i'd put him well ahead of allen with the gap growing each week.
Old 11-13-2011   #847
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I saw it,

But there were other plays that he did look back.

Cant wait to see what he does against the Falcons/Panthers. That should be a more true test of his progress.

I was just giving him a little credit for todays great game.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-14-2011   #848
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Definitely been looking good against our most recent competition.
You can only play who's on your schedule ..... but Jackson has had two good weeks in a row.

I did think the pass he broke up in the end zone was a PI that went uncalled. Lots of contact and he never turned around to see the ball .... But I'll take it and not complain one bit.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #849
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
^^^^

This, I've dogged KJ for a 1.5 yrs and running. With that said he seems to be really improving. He had a great game today. Maybe the light is coming on for himm. No more not turning his head and looking for the ball/falling down.

I hear you, I hear you. Those were the days. Additional of Wade, new DB coach and, J Jo our #1 CB got a lot to do with KJ's improvement. Keep up the good work KJ!

Can you guys say PLAYOFF!? Say what? PPPPLLLLLLAAAAYYYYYOOOFFFFFFFF!!!!!

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #850
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I've given him a hard time. He's earned the props the past two weeks. I'm hoping he keeps it up with 6 more games left.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #851
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

edit...
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #852
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
^^^^

He didnt turn his head on the play he broke up in the end zone ..... which I thought should have been PI .... but I wont complain that the ref didnt make the call.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #853
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
C'mon man, give him some props. You would be all over him (just like the rest of us) if he was giving up big plays to second tier players. This is a step in the right direction.

Go Texans!

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #854
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
He didnt turn his head on the play he broke up in the end zone ..... which I thought should have been PI .... but I wont complain that the ref didnt make the call.
His head was not turned but his head was back looking at the ball. That was not an PI.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #855
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
You can only play who's on your schedule ..... but Jackson has had two good weeks in a row.

I did think the pass he broke up in the end zone was a PI that went uncalled. Lots of contact and he never turned around to see the ball .... But I'll take it and not complain one bit.
Overall, I'd say Jackson has had a less than spectacular but solid season. He has had some rough moments, but he looks much better than last year. That's a good thing.

I can't even get my mouth to complain or nit pick about anything he's done, I'm judt happy with the improvement.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #856
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i think we're starting to see the player that we drafted in the first round. yall forget that he's only in his second year and spent the first being taught way wrong obviously. now even despite no offseason (reminder only a sophomore), he's got some talent and coaching around him and is growing by leaps and bounds each week. it's debatable whether kareem's ever going to become a "shutdown" type player, but it's still very early and at this rate he's becoming a solid starting cornerback. i'd put him well ahead of allen with the gap growing each week.
One thing many people mention in Allen's favor is his ball skills. He has a knack for getting the ball.

Kareem doesn't & never has. He was a 4 year starter at Alabama & had one career INT. He was a shutdown corner at Alabama & looks like he'll be that cover guy for us.
Old 11-14-2011   #857
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He was a 4 year starter at Alabama
Kareem left 'Bama after his junior year for the NFL Draft.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #858
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

KJ keeps giving me hope every week that he isn't a bust. He's starting to become a good CB, a little more time and he should live up to his rookie year hype.
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #859
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
One thing many people mention in Allen's favor is his ball skills. He has a knack for getting the ball.

Kareem doesn't & never has. He was a 4 year starter at Alabama & had one career INT. He was a shutdown corner at Alabama & looks like he'll be that cover guy for us.
i'm ok with that though, i'd rather force 3 and outs than give up a ton of yards in return for a handful of turnovers. the oakland game stands out in that regard. sure allen had an interception but he got abused all game and was the weakest link in a loss.
Old 11-14-2011   #860
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

It's amazing what good coaching, the right scheme, and a pass rush will do to a fella.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read