Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2011   #721
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson's plight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Keywords have been bolded.

Bottom line, someone is talking out their ass, & this time it isn't me.
so who was at fault for WWII Hitler/Germany our America ???? I bet youd say America
Old 10-31-2011   #722
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 4784 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 10-31-2011   #723
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
40 times are over rated .... actual playing speed and reactions arent.
Yep I know. I said as much also. But 40 times still tell you a players actual speed.

Also Ellis, you should backtrack to page 30. I did not mention them first. So you are wrong when you say I did.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #724
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 20837 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
so who was at fault for WWII Hitler/Germany our America ???? I bet youd say America
I invoke Godwin's law.. this thread is officially closed..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #725
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56069 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #726
foo82
Veteran

Rep Power: 2648 foo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
sigh...
foo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #727
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

OK.....so here's my deal between Allen and Jackson. They are both playing basically the same amount of time.

"If you look at our play time right now, they're 55 and 50, so they're split right down the middle," coach Gary Kubiak said.

If I'm looking at clearly a standpoint of a guy that's winning vs. his man, I can see Allen has 3 INTs to Jackson's 0.

Does Allen get beat alot too? Yes. Does Allen give us a better chance at creating a turnover? Yes. IMO, you gotta go with Allen.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-01-2011   #728
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
OK.....so here's my deal between Allen and Jackson. They are both playing basically the same amount of time.

"If you look at our play time right now, they're 55 and 50, so they're split right down the middle," coach Gary Kubiak said.

If I'm looking at clearly a standpoint of a guy that's winning vs. his man, I can see Allen has 3 INTs to Jackson's 0.

Does Allen get beat alot too? Yes. Does Allen give us a better chance at creating a turnover? Yes. IMO, you gotta go with Allen.
55 + 50 = 105....... hmmm. Kubiak also said it's probably even, because Kj was out with an injury for 2 games. So that means Kj has been playing significantly more snaps.

Here's something I got from today's Chronicle:
Quote:
“To me, Kareem has played really, really solid,” he said. “I told (assistant secondary coach) Perry Carter, he’s all over these guys. It’s a start.”
As far as the Int thing goes, I agree. Allen's 3 INTs in a part time roll should get him something. But if I'm trying to determine why the Texans are playing Kj as much as they are, & I'm not satisfied with the, "he's a 1st round pick & they're trying to save face" excuse, I've got to watch each of them & grade them on their performance.

It's not easy to do from the TV, but it can be done. However, if you go to the game & focus on those two players, Kj is clearly a better CB right now. He's more confident, which allows him to be more physical.

You can tell he's more confident, because at the line, Kj will almost always try to get a hand on the receiver.. Allen will almost always break into his back pedal before the snap.

& vs the Jags receivers, Kj was running with them step for step. Kj's the future at #2CB... Allen is a band-aid
Old 11-01-2011   #729
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post

Interceptions are as much about disrespect by QB's (I am throwing at you because your coverage sucks) and poor plays by QB's (whoops sailed that pass and a guy who wasn't even covering the guy I was throwing at ended up getting an INT) as they are DB talent (which is not to say it isn't part of the equation). Remember Jairus Byrd with his 9 INT rookie season and now he has 2 in the past two seasons?
Old 11-01-2011   #730
foo82
Veteran

Rep Power: 2648 foo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Revis had 0 ints last year....Interceptions are not the only figures to judge a cb by. In fact, I don't think KJax has been targeted quite as often (very good sign). If you are playing good coverage, QBs will not throw at your man. The only time I can think of where Kjax was picked on was the fourth quarter of NO game in which Brees just dumped it qiuckly on a slant route over and over again.
Old 11-02-2011   #731
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Figured this should go here.

Quote:
Spend enough time around the Texans' defensive backs, and a mention of coach VJ - first-year secondary coach Vance Joseph - is inevitable. And for good reason. A beleaguered unit that was last a year ago in pass defense is now ranked fifth, allowing 189.4 yards per game. Opponents are completing only 50.8 percent of their passes, and quarterbacks are registering a 65.9 passer rating against the Texans, the third lowest in the NFL.
Quote:
"It's all about relationships," Vance Joseph said. "They know when it's real, when you care about their well-being. That gets lost in the NFL. If you build something in guys, you can coach them as hard as you want."

He refuses to yell for the sake of yelling. His honesty extends from the field to the meeting room, where flaws are practically celebrated. Transparency is vital. Players openly discuss each other's weaknesses, but not in the hopes of tearing down a teammate. Rather, the openness allows the players to feel comfortable, to ask questions that might not have been asked before and to even volunteer suggestions.
Old 11-02-2011   #732
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Interceptions are as much about disrespect by QB's (I am throwing at you because your coverage sucks) and poor plays by QB's (whoops sailed that pass and a guy who wasn't even covering the guy I was throwing at ended up getting an INT) as they are DB talent (which is not to say it isn't part of the equation). Remember Jairus Byrd with his 9 INT rookie season and now he has 2 in the past two seasons?
Quote:
Originally Posted by foo82 View Post
Revis had 0 ints last year....Interceptions are not the only figures to judge a cb by. In fact, I don't think KJax has been targeted quite as often (very good sign). If you are playing good coverage, QBs will not throw at your man. The only time I can think of where Kjax was picked on was the fourth quarter of NO game in which Brees just dumped it qiuckly on a slant route over and over again.

The way you guys are talking you make INT's seem like a bad thing.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #733
foo82
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
The way you guys are talking you make INT's seem like a bad thing.
It's a great thing, but it's not the sole way to measure by.
Old 11-02-2011   #734
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I mean to be fair... the Texans being 5th in pass D is because of the QB's we have been playing with the receiving core those QB's have. Brees and Roethlis are pretty much the only two QB's who are good and have targets that we have played in 8 games.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #735
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
Well I mean to be fair... the Texans being 5th in pass D is because of the QB's we have been playing with the receiving core those QB's have. Brees and Roethlis are pretty much the only two QB's who are good and have targets that we have played in 8 games.
True, but Henne was coming off of a 400 yard game before we played him, and Campbell was playing pretty well too until he got hurt. Flacco has always been a great home field QB as well. The only teams that I say we faced that didn't pose any passing threat at all are the Colts and Jags. Even Tennessee had been moving the ball through the air pretty well until we faced them.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #736
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
No team faces top level passing attacks every week in the regular season.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #737
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Does that look like a back-shoulder-throw to anyone?
Old 11-02-2011   #738
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
But Allen also has a few more passes defensed than Jackson does too right?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #739
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah but there are some who go up against a lot tougher.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #740
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Does that look like a back-shoulder-throw to anyone?
In the article Vance Joseph did say that he's been working with his defensive backs on that play. It sounds like our off-season coaching moves are paying off more than we realize.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read